Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

This year The Show offers even more gameplay improvements, new game modes, and a greater ability to personalize your baseball experience. Check out some of the new things MLB The Show 16 has added. If you missed the MLB The Show 16 trailer earlier today, watch it here.

WHAT’S NEW THIS YEAR

ShowTime
  • Experience baseball's most epic moments like never before. Slow down gold glove plays, and come through in the clutch with this empowering tool that allows finer, more focused command.
Immersive Road to the Show
  • A curated in-game experience, revamped training system that includes Game Perks, and deeper personalization that acknowledges moments throughout your career.
New Game Modes
  • Stay tuned, because we’ll be announcing two new modes for The Show 2016.
Graphic Improvements (PS4)
  • MLB the Show continues to evolve in 2016, with updated graphics that make for a more authentic and immersive gaming experience.
The team also revealed 3 different editions for MLB The Show 16, as seen below.

And that's not all. The PlayStation.Blog has posted an article with a few other goodies, including some details on Road to the Show

Quote:
We’ve also made the Road to the Show experience more personalized and rewarding in 2016. A revamped training system gives you the chance to unlock Gameplay Perks as you work your way through Road To The Show (PS4 only). You can also expect a more streamlined Road To the Show experience, as a new paradigm for base-running and fielding opportunities will maximize the time you spend in situations that matter. And for the first time ever in the MLB The Show franchise, you can play an entire series of Road To The Show games without ever having to navigate the main menu between games.

Here are a few other nuggets on ShowTime...

Quote:
In MLB The Show 16, you’ll experience baseball’s most epic moments like never before with ShowTime. Using ShowTime, you can slow down critical moments for maximum control. ShowTime offers gamers a powerful new tool to help them excel in those big baseball moments.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Shakedowncapo @ 12/05/15 09:39 PM
On top of the MVP edition, hopefully Bestbuy/Gamestop offer more with pre-orders.

# 22 zello144 @ 12/05/15 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobastard
I dont care for joe buck, would rather have gary thorne as the lead. Reynolds seemed decent to me never really gave it much thought of who else could pair with thorne.
I want Gary Thorne and Eric Karros commentating
Give Matty V a pregame show

# 23 Houston @ 12/05/15 10:07 PM
I still would like to have for studio commentators Jeanne Zelasko and Steve Physioc lend their talents in developing the storyline of the ballgame with team histories, player analysis, and entertaining comments before the first pitch of each game.

When the players take to the field, the extraordinary voices of Jon Miller, partnered with Hall of Fame(TM) legend Joe Morgan, tell the tale of every pitch and at bat with remarkable insight, delightful humor, and the trademark style that has made this duo the best commentary team in the business.

I would even go with play by play:

The three man commentator team of Steve Phillips, Gary Thorne, and John Kruk is some of the best MLB sports analysis SCEA could offer us.

# 24 tnixen @ 12/05/15 10:45 PM
"and a greater ability to personalize your baseball experience"

I hope this means I can play the game with a true slow down presentation!!!

No skipping foul balls, showing the catcher throw the ball back to the pitcher every time and completely turning off the HR Camera among other things.

# 25 Syce @ 12/05/15 11:39 PM
FYI for anyone planning to preorder the digital deluxe when you are from Canada, it costs 119 canadian dollars.

# 26 thaSLAB @ 12/06/15 01:05 AM
LOL

Sent from my htcONE (M8) | Tapatalk

# 27 Ace2734 @ 12/06/15 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobastard
No mention of a new commentary team. They would of had my interest if gary thorne and harold reynolds were part of the new to the show list.

Or anyone else than Karros and Lyons. And an inspired Matty V

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 28 bkrich83 @ 12/06/15 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MythicalGnome
Will not preorder anything. Need to see if the Twins have a stripe on their pants.

The jerseys still have the wrong template for non-name jerseys? If so I will be skipping this game again. I cannot stand these issues never being fixed. It's ridiculous at this point.

Lol. Awesome.

# 29 Turbojugend @ 12/06/15 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MythicalGnome
Will not preorder anything. Need to see if the Twins have a stripe on their pants.

The jerseys still have the wrong template for non-name jerseys? If so I will be skipping this game again. I cannot stand these issues never being fixed. It's ridiculous at this point.
Dude, totally. BTW, I noticed the Giants' cap logos are about 0.2% smaller than they should be. If this isn't fixed by the time by the game is released, I'm going to dropkick the disc down a flight of stairs and burn Ramone in effigy.

# 30 Drew127 @ 12/06/15 01:06 PM
I'll maintain some level of faith and confidence while waiting for the fact sheet, but if franchise mode (stat tracking at an absolute minimum) doesn't get some serious love, I'll be hard-pressed to buy this year. None of the features highlighted here do anything for me.

# 31 Bobhead @ 12/06/15 01:09 PM
Regarding "Opening Day Packs"... packs of what?

I would like one of these deluxe versions to come with desktop backgrounds for the XMB menu... I'm more concerned with the picture that fills my entire TV than I am with a tiny icon by my PSN name.

Anyway.... I'm leaning towards the standard version since none of the extras really interest me. I may change my mind later but for now it's standard all the way.

# 32 Factzzz @ 12/06/15 01:12 PM
Everyone can laugh and make jokes all you want about what was said,

but it is extremely ridiculous that the stripe issue isn't fixed and even more ridiculous if in year 3 of next gen, there's still only one jersey template (that looks completely wrong for teams with no names on the jersey).

# 33 bigdipper88 @ 12/06/15 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Everyone can laugh and make jokes all you want about what was said,

but it is extremely ridiculous that the stripe issue isn't fixed and even more ridiculous if in year 3 of next gen, there's still only one jersey template (that looks completely wrong for teams with no names on the jersey).
Take that up with the MLB style guide. It's not the fault of SCEA

# 34 zello144 @ 12/06/15 06:57 PM
I hope RTTS gets some love this year I dont want it to feel like we're just playing game after game after game...
Also hope they expanded on the licenced equipment it really surprised me last year I didnt think it was going to happen I want to see more brands in this year.

# 35 JayD @ 12/06/15 07:06 PM
Franchise improvements? Retractable Roofs finally?

# 36 MatrixTN @ 12/06/15 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Regarding "Opening Day Packs"... packs of what?
Diamond Dynasty?

# 37 jmik58 @ 12/06/15 08:55 PM
As someone who just loves The Show, especially RTTS and franchise & loves simulation baseball... I'll happily spend $59.99 without all the extra spiffs, I can't wait to play RTTS... & I can't wait to turn ShowTime O-F-F.

# 38 STB Bodam @ 12/07/15 01:28 AM
Showtime actually could be awesome if done correctly. I don't wanna see Marcus Semien making these types of plays, better only be able to pull these off (successfully) with the Alcides Escobars, Nolan Arenados of the game.

# 39 Lovesports @ 12/07/15 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew127
I'll maintain some level of faith and confidence while waiting for the fact sheet, but if franchise mode (stat tracking at an absolute minimum) doesn't get some serious love, I'll be hard-pressed to buy this year. None of the features highlighted here do anything for me.
You hit the nail on the head. I've waited long enough for some season to season stat tracking in the franchise mode. Not being able to see steals in the player card from a year or two ago is an absolute disgrace. The game is good, don't get me wrong, but there are things that make me want to skip a year here and there.

# 40 GlennN @ 12/07/15 01:22 PM
And Sony, as expected, completely abandons its own Vita. Sends a great message. Wish they gave us another year of being able to transfer saves back and forth, rather than being limited to remote play. Very sad.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.