Home
FIFA 16 News Post

FIFA 16 title update #5 is available now for PC users. Check out the details below.

The update is scheduled to arrive later for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, but an exact release date was not specified.

Four key areas of improvements:
  • Penalties and referee decisions
  • Passing
  • Defensive pressure
  • Player positioning
Quote:
With that, we are announcing and deploying a number of changes to make FIFA 16 more balanced and responsive in gameplay. These changes are in addition to tuning to passing featured in the last update.
  • Improvements to the Rules and Physics systems to have better referee decisions and help address penalty decisions.
  • Behavioral changes in ‘Secondary Contain’ and ‘Interceptions’ to help balance high-pressure situations.
  • Improvements in how quickly fatigue effects occur for players using ‘Aggressive Interceptions’ and ‘Secondary Contain’. This could, in turn, have an impact on your ability to apply high pressure as the game progresses and your players become increasingly fatigued.
  • Instances where no auto tackle launched even when positioned properly.
  • Improvements in the positioning system to allow for better attacking runs and support.
In addition to the above, EA has made minor changes to attribute boosts provided by Chemistry in FIFA Ultimate Team, which affects passing, interceptions, and long shots.

Game: FIFA 16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
FIFA 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 fearwhatnow @ 12/13/15 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peninc
This game doesn't get enough credit. FIFA 16 is the first football game ever where what we play actually resembles football. PES games of old got some elements right but FIFA 16 has surpassed them now. I personally am extremely pleased that the devs are continuing to try to improve the game, because the truth is they don't need to. Fifa is the biggest selling game in the world and it still would be even if nothing was ever patched.

As for career mode, I've played multiple seasons with my Arsenal and Valencia teams. I doubt I'm in the minority.
It doesn't get enough credit because the majority want an arcade or semi-arcade football experience. That's why thousands play FUT or just online.
I praised the game's new sim football approach since the release of the demo and nearly 4 months later I don't regret it as it is indeed the best football offline videogaming experience ever.

# 42 TnT1tan @ 12/13/15 01:52 PM
Quote:
This game doesn't get enough credit. FIFA 16 is the first football game ever where what we play actually resembles football. PES games of old got some elements right but FIFA 16 has surpassed them now. I personally am extremely pleased that the devs are continuing to try to improve the game, because the truth is they don't need to. Fifa is the biggest selling game in the world and it still would be even if nothing was ever patched.

As for career mode, I've played multiple seasons with my Arsenal and Valencia teams. I doubt I'm in the minority.

Yeah, it almost makes me sick when I see people talk about how the game is trash, just because they can't lob through balls over the top and cheese with crazy fast players on a regular basis anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 43 baller768 @ 12/13/15 03:59 PM
These patches effect current saves correct?

# 44 Josam27o7 @ 12/13/15 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baller768
These patches effect current saves correct?

Usually is the case. Would assume it's the same.

# 45 dubcity @ 12/13/15 10:55 PM
So, reading through the patch notes more, am I crazy for thinking that this update was meant for online players mostly? I know people have complained about human opponents spamming high pressure all game, for example. Meh. I'll give this a chance when it finally is released for consoles.

# 46 DBMcGee3 @ 12/14/15 09:35 AM
Quote:

Well said man. I thoroughly enjoy the fluidity of PES, but I play 30 minute games of FIFA and see less goals than I do playing 15 minute games of PES, which makes me feel like I've really earned my goals, especially on World Class. It's just a much more realistic pace, and you can't just chip through balls over the top to wide open wingers all game long.

PES could easily remedy a lot of their issues by slightly nerfing the shooting accuracy and slightly improving GK ability, but I've been saying that for years and it never happens.

# 47 fearwhatnow @ 12/14/15 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
So, reading through the patch notes more, am I crazy for thinking that this update was meant for online players mostly? I know people have complained about human opponents spamming high pressure all game, for example. Meh. I'll give this a chance when it finally is released for consoles.
The offline gameplay changes are huge. Positioning and teammate AI are almost perfect now. The high pressure spamming affects offline gaming also.

# 48 SpHSpH @ 12/14/15 10:41 AM
When will this be available for XB1? People are thinking Tuesday?

# 49 Don Jon @ 12/14/15 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
It doesn't get enough credit because the majority want an arcade or semi-arcade football experience. That's why thousands play FUT or just online.
I praised the game's new sim football approach since the release of the demo and nearly 4 months later I don't regret it as it is indeed the best football offline videogaming experience ever.
I'm div 4 in FUT, and I play sim, slow, realistic build up football. This is the first fifa that I'm able to have this much success. It's so funny watching the other guy take bale, Ronaldo, etc..., and try and dribble straight through the middle, only to lose it every single time.

# 50 fearwhatnow @ 12/14/15 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Jon
I'm div 4 in FUT, and I play sim, slow, realistic build up football. This is the first fifa that I'm able to have this much success. It's so funny watching the other guy take bale, Ronaldo, etc..., and try and dribble straight through the middle, only to lose it every single time.
You're the exception but I can't see where is the fun in this. You waste your time by playing randoms who just fail to play the game the proper way?

# 51 Hunkerdown @ 12/14/15 01:35 PM
Waiting XBOX patch, cannot wait, as i play on default anyways.

# 52 Krebstar @ 12/14/15 02:29 PM
Patch #4 came out on 11/26 for PC, and then 12/1 for PS4 and Xbox.

If this follows the same, that means it should be out tomorrow!

# 53 Zac @ 12/14/15 03:56 PM
I played last night for the first time in about a month. First time with Patch #4, and I swear it plays much better than I remember. Probably all in my head, but I thought I saw new animations from defenders. A lot more realistic errant passes into lose balls. So as long as Patch #5 doesn't mess anything up I'll be fine.

# 54 Krebstar @ 12/14/15 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Patch #4 came out on 11/26 for PC, and then 12/1 for PS4 and Xbox.

If this follows the same, that means it should be out tomorrow!
Also, patch #3 was released for PC on a Thursday, and available the following Monday for consoles.

So it should be available tomorrow! Fingers crossed.

# 55 Resurrection403 @ 12/14/15 04:36 PM
Quote:
Actually the reason it doesn't get credit is because:
1) CPU passing is perfect
2) CPU crossing is hilariously broken for years now
3) Canned animations make the game feel like it's on rails and has certain "outcomes". The physics engine is dreadful compared to PES
4) All. CPU. Teams. Play. The. Same. Identical. Way. This has been the case for years and there's no end in sight, really.
5) All CPU players play the same. Zlatan wont use his size, Messi wont do skill moves, etc. It's boring.

So ya. There's that I guess.

# 56 JHedges2 @ 12/14/15 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection403
3) Canned animations make the game feel like it's on rails and has certain "outcomes". The physics engine is dreadful compared to PES
4) All. CPU. Teams. Play. The. Same. Identical. Way. This has been the case for years and there's no end in sight, really.
5) All CPU players play the same. Zlatan wont use his size, Messi wont do skill moves, etc. It's boring.

I'm just gonna throw this out there, but you seem to spread a lot of hate, and spend a lot of time on this thread for a game that you seem to hate so much...

# 57 10 @ 12/15/15 12:01 AM
Quote:
You're the exception but I can't see where is the fun in this. You waste your time by playing randoms who just fail to play the game the proper way?
By proper do you mean not using exploits or just a general understanding of the sport? I don't think it's that most people are looking to exploit the game as much as they don't know what to do with the ball or how to use and position their mids and defenders. Basically they don't have a real idea of what they're doing. I wouldn't call it a waste of time but yeah it's way more fun to play someone who plays the game the proper way.

Hopefully this patch ends high pressure for all 90 minutes. Some people are saying that if they do this at the start of the game the other team is dead tired by the 65th minute. Fingers crossed

# 58 Bellsprout @ 12/15/15 12:12 AM
Chelsea are celebrating and just in general look happy in the screenshot in the first post.

I would like that patched out.

# 59 winston @ 12/15/15 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
Chelsea are celebrating and just in general look happy in the screenshot in the first post.

I would like that patched out.
They'd just won a throw-in, so cut them some slack.

# 60 senhorxxx @ 12/15/15 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection403

100% agree.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.