Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

LD2K mentioned a few items that will be addressed in NBA 2K16 patch #4. As always, these are just some of the details, full patch notes will be revealed when the patch is released.

Quote:
Patch 4 will address couch co-op bug & other game-play tweaks based off of user feedback (lobs/TOs). Full notes w/ patch. Keep you updated.

While no release date was mentioned, or whether or not it has been submitted to Microsoft and Sony, we will update this post when we hear anything.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Nevertheles109 @ 12/12/15 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
The missed dunks on oops are a problem, but not everyone should be able to catch them. In that regard it is currently MUCH better than previously and id hate to see it go back to where oops were being thrown to point guards.
I concur. When I say a tad, I mean a minute amount. If they are going to over emphasize them, I'd rather them stay the same then revert back to requiring zero skill again

I really hope on-ball defense is tuned to be more effective,directional passing reverts back to last year's (or any year besides this one) concept and bail-out fouls are tuned down.

# 22 Saro1 @ 12/12/15 11:56 AM
I hope they add the possibility to use the point in the creation court. It's a little add I know.

# 23 Impetuous65 @ 12/12/15 12:32 PM
Player Awareness

1. stop all the in close proximity switching causing mix matches
2. Court Awareness no clue where the baseline is when dribbling(CPU)
3. Leaving players for no reason
4. Please fix the center or PF from setting up at the stanchion and giving away lay ups like oprah gives away cars.

I would like to be affored non brain dead teammates I don't want to go to defensive settings and do all the heavy lifting.

# 24 Magnus1959 @ 12/12/15 12:36 PM
Players step out of bounds way too easy, especially along the baseline. Ball handling does need a slight tweak. Ball gets passed and stolen before I even realize I had possession. Defense took a step back. My player is stuck in the mud and can't match CPU's first step. Defense used to be great but now they slide through you.

# 25 The 24th Letter @ 12/12/15 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
I concur. When I say a tad, I mean a minute amount. If they are going to over emphasize them, I'd rather them stay the same then revert back to requiring zero skill again

I really hope on-ball defense is tuned to be more effective,directional passing reverts back to last year's (or any year besides this one) concept and bail-out fouls are tuned down.

Yeah I'd agree with you....as long as they don't overdue it I'm ok with them tweaking it...guys who can finish, and are open shouldn't be missing wide open oops. There are still some that slip through that shouldn't though tbh, it's a delicate balance.

Agree with the bail out fouls. They could increase OBD and contact vs. the CPU but I feel it's damn near perfect vs human IMO...good mix of skill and challenge.

Regarding the steals, there are sliders offline....I say put the CPU steals at 0 of you want to dribble in traffic freely without having to worry about losing the ball...

# 26 ViolenceFight @ 12/12/15 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballin2k0
just remember 2k if i cant dribble i cant play ok
Dribbling is fine though. If you know how to dribble and actually pay attention to the floor aswell as the offensive and defensive players there's no problem. I lose the ball when I do something stupid, like trying to weave through a whole defense. I don't lose the ball when I break a guy and have to dribble around help D(I also don't force it through if it's not there)

# 27 TheDuggler @ 12/12/15 01:36 PM
CPU defense really needs to be looked at, in transition most of the time the CPU has no awareness of the attacking players and will run into the paint and leave a guy open even when its 2 on 2 and youve picked up the other player.

# 28 dnyce87 @ 12/12/15 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
And regarding dribbling in traffic. Anybody who watches the NBA knows good ball handlers can dribble thru traffic without losing the ball. That needs to be tweaked in the game, for sure.
Sure they can dribble in traffic..but not while their index finger is smashing down turbo. You don't see NBA players turboing in traffic. Often what you see is change of speed and direction and knowing WHEN to attack. Just because your player has 99 ball control that does not give him the green light to dribble however and whenever he wants without consequences. Ball control means exactly that BALL CONTROL not try to dribble between 3 players in the paint and hope for a bail out foul or a forced layup which I often see A LOT especially in park.

That's not basketball and it's a poor decision on the player's part trying to force the issue. The offense is so overpowering in this game with so many ways to score if you practice your stick skills that you won't need to try to dribble in traffic to try and score. If you're a guard use stepback jumpers, hop jumpers, spin jumpers, the stepback dribble moves are amazing to create space, the hesitation escape and ISO sizeups (ones that will create separation to set up your jumper) as well. Guards are so much more than trying to straight line drive to the basket for a poster dunk.

Use the dribble moves in accordance how the defense is playing you. If you wanna do a hesitation to spin drive and I as a defender beat you to that spot, chances are you're out of control and will either result in you losing the ball or me drawing a charge (this needs to be tuned more in online play against heavy turbo ball handlers) on you if I hold my stance properly.

Please 2k hold your ground and don't cave in to these players who want to spam turbo and dribble in traffic without consequences.

# 29 Magnus1959 @ 12/12/15 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
Dribbling is fine though. If you know how to dribble and actually pay attention to the floor aswell as the offensive and defensive players there's no problem. I lose the ball when I do something stupid, like trying to weave through a whole defense. I don't lose the ball when I break a guy and have to dribble around help D(I also don't force it through if it's not there)
Losing the ball dribbling is not a problem for me. It's when the dumbed down AI passes the ball to you in traffic, you are going to lose the ball before you can make a move.

# 30 jfsolo @ 12/12/15 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65
Player Awareness

1. stop all the in close proximity switching causing mix matches
2. Court Awareness no clue where the baseline is when dribbling(CPU)
3. Leaving players for no reason
4. Please fix the center or PF from setting up at the stanchion and giving away lay ups like oprah gives away cars.

I would like to be affored non brain dead teammates I don't want to go to defensive settings and do all the heavy lifting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus1959
Players step out of bounds way too easy, especially along the baseline. Ball handling does need a slight tweak. Ball gets passed and stolen before I even realize I had possession. Defense took a step back. My player is stuck in the mud and can't match CPU's first step. Defense used to be great but now they slide through you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuggler
CPU defense really needs to be looked at, in transition most of the time the CPU has no awareness of the attacking players and will run into the paint and leave a guy open even when its 2 on 2 and youve picked up the other player.
These are the things for me as well. I'm kinda worried, because most of the off the ball defensive issues have been there since release day, and weren't address in 3 patches, so it may not be addressed now either.

# 31 Magnus1959 @ 12/12/15 02:13 PM
If they do make tweaks, make sure they are not over-done. The fixes tend to go too far but there are some things that need tweaks.

# 32 dnyce87 @ 12/12/15 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
That's a lot of assumptions about that dudes playstyle and issues.
I wasn't directing it towards his playstyle per say. I was using examples to show instances why it doesn't need to be addressed offensively as in a general population. I wasn't intentionally trying to dismiss what he said. What I should ask the quoted post member is: Are you turboing into traffic and expecting to dribble out of it? Or are you releasing turbo and protecting the ball as your in the paint to draw the defense in and kick it out to a shooter? If this is the case and you're losing the ball, I can kind of see where you're coming from. If it is the opposite, then it shouldn't be addressed as to what I had stated already. So from what I can understand it could be two different issues going on that we need to clarify here:

. A you have people who turbo recklessly and expect not to lose the ball or trying to flashy dribble their way past the defense

.B you have people who get into the painted area (the tony parkers and rajon rondos of the world) to draw attention just to kick it right out for an open shot.

I would hope that "A" is not even remotely considered to be addressed as the way it is now rewards the defense for playing good defense and punishes the ball handler for playing hero ball.

"B" on the other hand could be considered due to what the quoted post mention that good ball handlers can dribble thru traffic. This is true, if they're not turboing in the paint trying to score on 2 or 3 defenders. Turboing is the problem and is often the culprit for 2k players losing the ball since release of the patch.

# 33 Jrocc23 @ 12/12/15 02:41 PM
Hopefully, this patch isn't too big because it's pretty balanced but the main issue that needs to be fixed is the player stiffness and crazy movements.

I just miss being fluid moving around the court. Press LT you just move all over the place sometimes. Mostly every fast break, you lose control for a second running out of bounds. I just don't know how patch 3 made that happen.

I've always played 2K for the whole year or years, but if this isn't fixed, I might have to retire it early because I can't play MC or quick games like this which would be sad because the game is so nice. But all these crazy jerky movements and you fighting for control is beyond annoying.

# 34 dnyce87 @ 12/12/15 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
Hopefully, this patch isn't too big because it's pretty balanced but the main issue that needs to be fixed is the player stiffness and crazy movements. I just miss being fluid moving around the court. Press LT you just move all over the place sometimes. Mostly every fast break, you lose control for a second running out of bounds. I just don't know how patch 3 made that happen.

I've always played 2K for the whole year or years, but if this isn't fixed, I might have to retire it early because I can't play MC or quick games like this which would be sad because the game is so nice. But all these crazy jerky movements and you fighting for control is beyond annoying.
I agree with all of this. 2k15 was not like this in My Career with the stiffness, input lag, and the delayed reaction defensively.

# 35 SHOWOFF @ 12/12/15 02:49 PM
can we please get 5vs5 vs your friends in pro am

# 36 Jrocc23 @ 12/12/15 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnyce87
I agree with all of this. 2k15 was not like this in My Career with the stiffness, input lag, and the delayed reaction defensively.

For me, 2K16 wasn't either at all until patch 3. Of course in the Park but not playing quick games or in MyCareer. I could move exactly how I wanted. Now I am doing stuff like this now all over the court; offense or defense.

Soon as I noticed Scola wasn't going to go get Ilyasova right about when Jennings started the passing animation. I am sprinting over there but cannot turn around and is forced to walk backwards

(http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KingJrocc23/video/13008303)

Most of the us with these issues already know about losing control and running towards out of bounds on fast breaks when you aren't going that way at all

(http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KingJrocc23/video/13010636)

# 37 dnyce87 @ 12/12/15 03:06 PM
Quote:
For me, 2K16 wasn't either at all until patch 3. Of course in the Park but not playing quick games or in MyCareer. I could move exactly how I wanted. Now I am doing stuff like this now all over the court; offense or defense.

Soon as I noticed Scola wasn't going to go get Ilyasova right about when Jennings started the passing animation. I am sprinting over there but cannot turn around and is forced to walk backwards

(http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KingJrocc23/video/13008303)

Most of the us with these issues already know about losing control and running towards out of bounds on fast breaks when you aren't going that way at all

(http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KingJrocc23/video/13010636)
Having trouble viewing your vids, but I know what you mean when your anticipating what comes next and still cat get their in time due to the jerky player movement. You say pre patch 3 you didn't really experience it, but it was still like how it is now for me just not as noticeable.

# 38 Jrocc23 @ 12/12/15 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnyce87
Having trouble viewing your vids, but I know what you mean when your anticipating what comes next and still cat get their in time due to the jerky player movement. You say pre patch 3 you didn't really experience it, but it was still like how it is now for me just not as noticeable.

Hmm. I am not sure why. The link should definitely work. But Xbox was just having issues.

And no, I really had no issues definitely not running out of bounds and things like that in MyCareer. I could cut and move and everything how I wanted fluidly. I didn't hear of any of this until patch 3. Hopefully, Mike just sees what's going on because last time I've heard from him, he was talking about it was just a 2K cam flip issue but it's bigger than that. It's on broadcast as well and happens randomly all over the court.

# 39 dnyce87 @ 12/12/15 03:26 PM
Quote:
Hmm. I am not sure why. The link should definitely work. But Xbox was just having issues.

And no, I really had no issues definitely not running out of bounds and things like that in MyCareer. I could cut and move and everything how I wanted fluidly. I didn't hear of any of this until patch 3. Hopefully, Mike just sees what's going on because last time I've heard from him, he was talking about it was just a 2K cam flip issue but it's bigger than that. It's on broadcast as well and happens randomly all over the court.
It does happen randomly all over the court. Also, sometimes when I want my player to move to a certain spot, he doesn't move at all or he gets sucked into some strange animation like I'm about to turn the ball over. Or how about when you crash for offensive rebounds thinking shot is going up and your guy decides to post up on the block and when u try to get out u move sooo slow due to lag input and bumping animations and they call 3 in the key on u very annoying.

# 40 HowDareI @ 12/12/15 06:05 PM
Well I guess I'll keep being annoying since I still haven't seen it talked about...

Pro-Am walk on with friends is broken and you can't join with friends...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.