Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

LD2K mentioned a few items that will be addressed in NBA 2K16 patch #4. As always, these are just some of the details, full patch notes will be revealed when the patch is released.

Quote:
Patch 4 will address couch co-op bug & other game-play tweaks based off of user feedback (lobs/TOs). Full notes w/ patch. Keep you updated.

While no release date was mentioned, or whether or not it has been submitted to Microsoft and Sony, we will update this post when we hear anything.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 MeloJello @ 12/12/15 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Yeah I'd agree with you....as long as they don't overdue it I'm ok with them tweaking it...guys who can finish, and are open shouldn't be missing wide open oops. There are still some that slip through that shouldn't though tbh, it's a delicate balance.

Agree with the bail out fouls. They could increase OBD and contact vs. the CPU but I feel it's damn near perfect vs human IMO...good mix of skill and challenge.

Regarding the steals, there are sliders offline....I say put the CPU steals at 0 of you want to dribble in traffic freely without having to worry about losing the ball...
I only played Mycareer so adjusting sliders is out of the question. But I can understand you dont want people to abuse the turbo while dribbling through traffic. But in pro games I woukd like to see more kickball being called when that happens. Because the ball is bounces of these dude legs, 2k13 had this perfectly. When the ball hit the opponent leg, kickball is being called. I rarely see kickball being called in 2k16.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

# 42 nuckles2k2 @ 12/12/15 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeloJello
I only played Mycareer so adjusting sliders is out of the question. But I can understand you dont want people to abuse the turbo while dribbling through traffic. But in pro games I woukd like to see more kickball being called when that happens. Because the ball is bounces of these dude legs, 2k13 had this perfectly. When the ball hit the opponent leg, kickball is being called. I rarely see kickball being called in 2k16.

A ball bouncing off of someone's leg isn't a kickball. It has to be an intentional act for it to be a kickball violation, otherwise it's just a deflection.

Just to clear that up.

But I like the idea of calling a kickball violation if someone turbos into the ball handler. It would be a slippery slope tho. They would have to differentiate between the ball handler moving into the defender, and the defender putting a leg in the way by way of using turbo to invade the handler's space.

Doable, but I have a feeling that the patch is closer to finished than at the beginning of the process if LD tweeted about it.

# 43 tb24ster @ 12/12/15 09:32 PM
FIX THE NON RESPONSIVE CROWD!!!!!!!! FIX THE ATMOSPHERE PLEASE!!!!!

# 44 Iasounis @ 12/12/15 09:55 PM
Didn't read the whole thread, but all I ask is that they fix the Center hanging out on the baseline under the hoop rather than challenging the man driving; typically on fast breaks.

# 45 MeloJello @ 12/12/15 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
A ball bouncing off of someone's leg isn't a kickball. It has to be an intentional act for it to be a kickball violation, otherwise it's just a deflection.

Just to clear that up.

But I like the idea of calling a kickball violation if someone turbos into the ball handler. It would be a slippery slope tho. They would have to differentiate between the ball handler moving into the defender, and the defender putting a leg in the way by way of using turbo to invade the handler's space.

Doable, but I have a feeling that the patch is closer to finished than at the beginning of the process if LD tweeted about it.
In 2k13 kickball was called like that. And I see kickball called like that in the NBA also.

# 46 MeloJello @ 12/12/15 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
They actually probably messed with the shooting sliders and attributes of certain guys. They can do that via roster update now instead of needing a patch.
Nope has nothing to with roster update. I also experience this in Mycareer.

# 47 ViolenceFight @ 12/12/15 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeloJello
Nope has nothing to with roster update. I also experience this in Mycareer.

Come on guys, They announced they can tweak online and offline shooting with roster updates. This morning there was an update. They more than likely tweaked things this morning.

# 48 michaelsan @ 12/12/15 11:54 PM
Quote:
Come on guys, They announced they can tweak online and offline shooting with roster updates. This morning there was an update. They more than likely tweaked things this morning.
http://2kmtcentral.com/16/players/delta/12-12-2015

This is the update you've got, bro[emoji1]

# 49 LO6IX @ 12/13/15 12:01 AM
They need to add VC to pro am and fix this http://xboxclips.com/LBx6IX/d713dd1d...c-1c44a01f9aac

# 50 MeloJello @ 12/13/15 01:08 AM
Patch 4 better fix this because I am freaking sick and tired of these BS. This is Mycareer, look at my PG. He is guarding lillard. Dude literally stop chasing him off screen, literally stop by me. Lillard make the shot and I got penalize for defensive breakdown WTF. Come on son.

And fix the loose ball This clip is ridiculous how broken loose ball is.

# 51 swac07 @ 12/13/15 02:38 AM
Could someone explain whats the couch co-op bug??

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

# 52 gremdog8 @ 12/13/15 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07
Could someone explain whats the couch co-op bug??

When you and a buddy try to play co-op together the game seems like it starts out fine but as soon as a you bring up subs or anything with the dpad or call a timeout, your player becomes unresponsive and you cannot control him anymore. Been this way ever since the last patch.

# 53 swac07 @ 12/13/15 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gremdog8
When you and a buddy try to play co-op together the game seems like it starts out fine but as soon as a you bring up subs or anything with the dpad or call a timeout, your player becomes unresponsive and you cannot control him anymore. Been this way ever since the last patch.
Oh ok preciate it!! Yikes that does suck

# 54 TarHeelPhenom @ 12/13/15 03:42 AM
Like what im seeing after the latest roster update and tweak. It appears blocking shots is back to the way they were out the box. I see good ACE adjustments during the game and even saw a 5 second back to the basket call during a cpu vs cpu game.

# 55 Sdrawkcab321 @ 12/13/15 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Please don't cave to these guys who want to dribble in traffic without consequence and throw alley after alley....

In online play sure. But in mygm when you set your sliders to 100 the dunks still shouldn't clank off the rim.

# 56 ataman5 @ 12/13/15 11:10 AM
I would love to see baseline as the real 6th defender but it's nowhere near that reality atm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 57 Jrocc23 @ 12/13/15 11:50 AM
Just hoping this patch doesn't mess up anything else. I want the patch asap, but I hope they properly check for bugs and etc because this is probably the last patch for 2K16 and I would hate to be stuck w/ some annoying issue i.e. the player movement and no FT cut scenes.

# 58 I_Am_Freitas @ 12/13/15 11:55 AM
Quote:
Dribbling is fine though. If you know how to dribble and actually pay attention to the floor aswell as the offensive and defensive players there's no problem. I lose the ball when I do something stupid, like trying to weave through a whole defense. I don't lose the ball when I break a guy and have to dribble around help D(I also don't force it through if it's not there)

The dribbling is NOT fine and needs tuning.

Too many times, I'll be sizing up a defender and the instant that I cut towards the basket, my player bumps into the defender and causes a loose ball. It happens with the CPU as well when they're on offence. Not only do players RACK UP turnovers, but they can also rack up steals...Kyle Lowry had 8+ steals in back-to-back games for me.

I've adjusted CPU on-ball defence, stealing, and everything else that's been suggested to me. I made a topic about this a couple of weeks ago and a couple of people knew exactly what I was talking about. You can't dribble for too long without colliding into an opposing player and letting the ball go loose. It's really frustrating and kills the fun completely.

Please fix this, 2k!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 59 Jrocc23 @ 12/13/15 11:59 AM
Honestly, the ball needs to be knocked loose more. I see people trying to do all types of crossovers and never lose the ball.

I think it should be left alone. Most of the time it's user error trying to do too much.

# 60 jfsolo @ 12/13/15 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
Just hoping this patch doesn't mess up anything else. I want the patch asap, but I hope they properly check for bugs and etc because this is probably the last patch for 2K16 and I would hate to be stuck w/ some annoying issue i.e. the player movement and no FT cut scenes.
I'm not saying this to be a jerk, but with the complicated and ambitious nature of this series, it's pretty much a given that something else will be messed up for sure, just too many moving parts. I know that it drives a lot of people crazy, but the no FT cut scene is the kind of thing that I'm O.K. with being messed up. Something that's aesthetic and not gameplay related is a lesser of evils, IMO.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.