Home
FIFA 16 News Post

Released last week for PC users, FIFA 16 title update #5 is available now for PlayStation 4 users. Check out the details below.

The update is scheduled to arrive for Xbox One soon, but an exact release date was not specified.

UPDATE: (12-17) The update is available now for Xbox One users.

Four key areas of improvements:
  • Penalties and referee decisions
  • Passing
  • Defensive pressure
  • Player positioning
Quote:
With that, we are announcing and deploying a number of changes to make FIFA 16 more balanced and responsive in gameplay. These changes are in addition to tuning to passing featured in the last update.
  • Improvements to the Rules and Physics systems to have better referee decisions and help address penalty decisions.
  • Behavioral changes in ‘Secondary Contain’ and ‘Interceptions’ to help balance high-pressure situations.
  • Improvements in how quickly fatigue effects occur for players using ‘Aggressive Interceptions’ and ‘Secondary Contain’. This could, in turn, have an impact on your ability to apply high pressure as the game progresses and your players become increasingly fatigued.
  • Instances where no auto tackle launched even when positioned properly.
  • Improvements in the positioning system to allow for better attacking runs and support.
In addition to the above, EA has made minor changes to attribute boosts provided by Chemistry in FIFA Ultimate Team, which affects passing, interceptions, and long shots.

Game: FIFA 16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
FIFA 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 SpHSpH @ 12/16/15 08:30 AM
Seriously ... when will this update come out for XBox?

If it is not out now ... I should not expect it later today ... right?

PC has had it for a week now!

# 22 DBMcGee3 @ 12/16/15 09:17 AM
It's so funny to see such different takes on a patch like this. I'm absolutely DYING to give it a go now. Why can't my boss pay me to stay home playing FIFA?

# 23 GaspipeGorgeous @ 12/16/15 11:31 AM
It seems like I'm the only one thoroughly disappointed with this patch. Like it makes the game almost unplayable. I feel as Mourinho "Betrayed" (had to use that somehow) but honestly back to the game. The goalkeeper blocks amazing shots and one timers if u will but lets in easy, more direct straightaway shots. There is no consistency, I mean just since the new patch 3x with a step over, shot fake and then the shot and the goalkeeper blocks the shot but without those moves, a basic direct shot he lets in. There is WAY MORE tiki tak passing for the computer, that really goes no where and it just feels a lot less fluid. I will say there is more line recognition which is a very good thing with supporting/attacking runs but I just feel after patch 4 with sliders down and everything it was just right and now to completely alter the game play, it's very disheartening.. Not to mention they made counter attacking almost impossible. And the passing that everyone is raving about is atrocious. It was bad before where a long pass would speed up towards the mid to end of it's flight and now it's EXTREMELY bad. Not to mention pass recognition is still off by a mile. I really wish I could figure out a way to do without this patch without losing everything.

# 24 Murph @ 12/16/15 11:46 AM
I agree with the poster who said this patch addresses online playing.

I'm strictly a career mode, offline player and I'm not feeling this patch at all.

# 25 dubcity @ 12/16/15 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph
I agree with the poster who said this patch addresses online playing.

I'm strictly a career mode, offline player and I'm not feeling this patch at all.

I don't think there's any doubt that this is the case. You can tell by how they worded the patch notes. No mention of CPU AI opponents. Shouldn't really surprise anyone though. People are still messing with sliders that haven't been improved/expanded since FIFA 12/13. That is the last time single-player gameplay has been anything resembling a priority.

# 26 BL8001 @ 12/16/15 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
I don't think there's any doubt that this is the case. You can tell by how they worded the patch notes. No mention of CPU AI opponents. Shouldn't really surprise anyone though. People are still messing with sliders that haven't been improved/expanded since FIFA 12/13. That is the last time single-player gameplay has been anything resembling a priority.

This makes me angry actually.

Not what you wrote, but the patch only affecting online.

I have owned every fifa and with them taking modes away, weekly highlights, practice mode, the match day pick any team pick any upcoming match to play.

I don't play much online as strangers can be quite annoying to play against.

FUT is fut.

So with ea taking away those modes I have play now or cm, both against a wonky AI.

I was so hoping this patch would affect offline ai and improve their attacking and improve the officiating. When I first read the notes I was like wow! They are finally listening to the offline crowd.

I was in the beta and there were so many good ideas posted in the cm and general forum and none of those ideas made it into the game.

# 27 orion523 @ 12/17/15 06:05 AM
Update has finally been released for XB1!

# 28 callmetaternuts @ 12/17/15 08:44 AM
Do we need to restart Career Mode?

# 29 DBMcGee3 @ 12/18/15 10:41 AM
Finally got some time with the patch last night and I thought it was great. I played as Arsenal vs Man City (World Class/15 min halves/Normal Speed), and I actually won (2-1), which I really didn't expect.

I really don't know where all this "The CPU just slices through the defense like butter now" talk is coming from, honestly. I out-possessed them 53-47%, I had 2 less shots on goal, and I had 86% passing compared to 88 for them (still high but I can live with it). They still played the ball around very well I felt, using lobs, back passes, and playing the ball to the GK a few times. I also had no trouble getting fouls called (4 on them and a yellow card), and had at least twice in the game (1 for me, 1 for them) where a ticky tack foul in the box was not called as a penalty, which I LOVED. They still pressured me quite a bit, but it didn't feel as relentless as before so I'm hoping the fatigue tweak played a factor in that. It's also worth noting that the through balls near the sidelines were much better, with far less routine passes going out of bounds.

I can't vouch for Legendary difficulty, but on World Class I really found the game to be less frustrating than it was before. I've been stuck in purgatory between winning handily against Pro and struggling to compete vs World Class, so if this 1 game sample was any indicator, I'm thrilled to finally have a difficulty level that plays tough but fair.

# 30 dubcity @ 12/18/15 03:21 PM
Yeah, I actually am enjoying the game post-patch. The CPU seems to take more chances when they pressure on defense, and they execute counter-attacks more aggressively. And the overall directness makes for more of a variety of scorelines than before. It's definitely a step back towards FIFA 15, but I think the game actually needed it.

# 31 zanner @ 12/18/15 11:19 PM
Turned the game from average to just pure garbage.

Take a computer opponent on world class that had unrealistic advantages and that could already basically overpower or warp through you to begin with to now giving them the non stop Sprint aggressiveness of the typical online FUT player and you have a steaming pile now.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

# 32 Cuban_Linx @ 12/20/15 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
Finally got some time with the patch last night and I thought it was great. I played as Arsenal vs Man City (World Class/15 min halves/Normal Speed), and I actually won (2-1), which I really didn't expect.

I really don't know where all this "The CPU just slices through the defense like butter now" talk is coming from, honestly. I out-possessed them 53-47%, I had 2 less shots on goal, and I had 86% passing compared to 88 for them (still high but I can live with it). They still played the ball around very well I felt, using lobs, back passes, and playing the ball to the GK a few times. I also had no trouble getting fouls called (4 on them and a yellow card), and had at least twice in the game (1 for me, 1 for them) where a ticky tack foul in the box was not called as a penalty, which I LOVED. They still pressured me quite a bit, but it didn't feel as relentless as before so I'm hoping the fatigue tweak played a factor in that. It's also worth noting that the through balls near the sidelines were much better, with far less routine passes going out of bounds.

I can't vouch for Legendary difficulty, but on World Class I really found the game to be less frustrating than it was before. I've been stuck in purgatory between winning handily against Pro and struggling to compete vs World Class, so if this 1 game sample was any indicator, I'm thrilled to finally have a difficulty level that plays tough but fair.
I'm guessing from people who played more than 1 game

OT: Have people found out how to let wingers stay upfront? They keep going back to play as fullbacks and it takes forever for them to get back up in counter situations.

# 33 BL8001 @ 12/20/15 09:53 AM
On default sliders the ball seems to take forever to roll places when you pass. Might just be me playing more pes but a simple pass from the center circle over to someone standing near the sideline midline junction actually stopped rolling and my player walked over to collect it. Weird.

Also EA really need to sort out this junk reaction retreat your attackers do. Its like the split second the cpu d touches the ball in the box your attackers go into back pedal animation.

The simple ground curved pass which just pops up naturally in pes is absent from fifa

I like that the cpu is more interested in attacking.

I have noticed some truly bizarre behavior from the wing backs. Instead of staying goalside of the ball they will wander out with terrible angles outside of the widest attacker allowing wide balls to be collected and brought right inside as the wingback then chases from the backside. Where to look for it is when the cpu swings it inside around the 35 area then as everyone focuses central they slot a ground pass diagonally to the wing. Its the defensive animation that occurs there. Thats the point the wingback decides to run around the wrong side, i have even seen them turn their back to the ball.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.