Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

NBA 2K16 is one of the best sports video games to have come out in the last decade.

It is not easy to hand out claims of greatness when a game has only been out a few months. College Hoops 2K8 wasn't given legendary status until people were still playing it years after its release. NBA 2K16 won't have the "benefit" of being the last game in the series, so there's no real reason to keep playing it long after its release, but it's sure to be the title that all future sports games can be measured by.

Read More - NBA 2K16 Is the King, Has Only Gotten Better

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 asu666 @ 12/19/15 10:31 AM
Agreed NBA 2K16 is the best sports game since NFL 2K5 and some of the MLB series games.

# 2 Junior Moe @ 12/19/15 10:41 AM
Agreed. The game is not without its flaws. But it is a gem. I think that's what so maddening at times. It is sooo close to perfection for me that every little thing that's "off" stands out. There aren't many in my book. That's a tremendous compliment to the team. Whenever I get me some gaming time 2K is first on the docket. Great job, fellas!!

# 3 HypoLuxa13 @ 12/19/15 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asu666
Agreed NBA 2K16 is the best sports game since NFL 2K5 and some of the MLB series games.
Exactly what I was going to say: NFL 2k5 is probably my favorite sports game ever, and a couple of the MLB The Show games were really, really excellent. Let's see what MLB 16 can do, but for now NBA 2k16 is indeed the King.

# 4 ballin2k0 @ 12/19/15 11:33 AM
patch 4 defenitly improved the online gameplay in myteam,sure you run into people that use the same players to win and play a certain way to win every game but it is a game and try hards will cheat to win thats nothing new but i can honestly say it is playable online now.

# 5 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 12/19/15 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Agreed. The game is not without its flaws. But it is a gem. I think that's what so maddening at times. It is sooo close to perfection for me that every little thing that's "off" stands out. There aren't many in my book. That's a tremendous compliment to the team. Whenever I get me some gaming time 2K is first on the docket. Great job, fellas!!
You hit the nail on the head. The game is so good it makes the flaws stand out even more. Things like players shooting through the backboard, passing & dribbling through players bodies, CPU ball handlers not protecting the ball when dribbling in the proximity of a defender, hands morphing through balls on steal attempts, getting stuck in animations, etc... all stick out like a sore thumb. That said, 2K16 is the deepest sports game ever made. If they can clean up their legacy flaws next year then look out!

# 6 Hustle Westbrook @ 12/19/15 11:57 AM
2K16 is like a beautiful chick with big boobs, great personality and smart too, not to mention an *** so fat it'll make you wanna slap your own mother to get a taste.

Everything about this chick is perfect except she has chronic bad breath. I mean her breath is so bad it would make a kitten commit suicide. Sure you can give her some breath mints but the smell will be right back in a few hours.

That's how I feel when I play 2K16. Everything is great but in this case 2K16s bad breath is the bad ai defense. I mean the transitional D, the help defense, the lack of awareness when getting back on D. Those are really my only issues with an otherwise perfect game.

# 7 The 24th Letter @ 12/19/15 11:57 AM
After a rough breakup with 2K15 last year, I have to say they really did a great job with 2K16. I have had a lot of fun playing it all year and have little doubt I will continue to enjoy it. It's the most fun I've had on and offline in a long while.

A YT'er brought up a good point yesterday. I think sometimes it's easy to get caught up talking about flaws and what's wrong with the game...you could probably go into replay and find things wrong every couple possessions...but I refuse to...just going to continue to enjoy the game and give feedback where's it's due...

Good job this year fellas...

# 8 cooper417 @ 12/19/15 12:17 PM
2K16 gameplay was horrible. Player & ball morphing through each other every play got annoying as hell. It was so bad in the beginning I really doubt that got patched. I deleted my game after 2 weeks of play.

# 9 cooper417 @ 12/19/15 12:23 PM
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-basketball/857233-official-nba-2k16-bugs-glitches-thread-35.html

# 10 ProfessaPackMan @ 12/19/15 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
After a rough breakup with 2K15 last year, I have to say they really did a great job with 2K16. I have had a lot of fun playing it all year and have little doubt I will continue to enjoy it. It's the most fun I've had on and offline in a long while.

A YT'er brought up a good point yesterday. I think sometimes it's easy to get caught up talking about flaws and what's wrong with the game...you could probably go into replay and find things wrong every couple possessions...but I refuse to...just going to continue to enjoy the game and give feedback where's it's due...

Hit the nail on the head with that last point.

# 11 Junior Moe @ 12/19/15 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
You hit the nail on the head. The game is so good it makes the flaws stand out even more. Things like players shooting through the backboard, passing & dribbling through players bodies, CPU ball handlers not protecting the ball when dribbling in the proximity of a defender, hands morphing through balls on steal attempts, getting stuck in animations, etc... all stick out like a sore thumb. That said, 2K16 is the deepest sports game ever made. If they can clean up their legacy flaws next year then look out!
Totally agree. I fully expect these guys to address as many of these issues as possible. At this point though I think a full on physics engine is the only thing left for them to do that will address those warping/clipping anomalies we see.

# 12 Dazraz @ 12/19/15 03:24 PM
NBA 2K16, the best video game ever in my opinion.

# 13 jaynral @ 12/19/15 03:43 PM
I think NBA 2k16 has truly earned this king of the hill!!!...it is a great game and yes it has some flaws but every game does....It the closest to sim you are going to get and patches were sent out faster then I have ever seen on a sports games. Its a TRUE next gen game and I really appreciate the work the devs put into this game. With or without competition, I try to put out the best game possible..Congrats 2k....I feel like I got my $60.00 worth!!!

# 14 Smirkin Dirk @ 12/19/15 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper417
2K16 gameplay was horrible. Player & ball morphing through each other every play got annoying as hell. It was so bad in the beginning I really doubt that got patched. I deleted my game after 2 weeks of play.
You've missed out then.

There are flaws, but it's a game. I play it everyday and thoroughly enjoy as someone who wants it playing like real basketball.

# 15 Kingd803 @ 12/19/15 05:00 PM
It's saying something that when people think best sports games ever they think: NFL 2k5, College hoops 2k8, and now NBA 2k16.

# 16 coolcras7 @ 12/19/15 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

And the sky is the limit with the team 2k has put together, when you listen to Da-Czar and OG they have not even scratch the surface with how they want to game to play.

# 17 tril @ 12/19/15 06:19 PM
I dont know if there is a difference between the pc version and the console version, but I have to kind of disagree so far.
The things that frustrate me in 2k16 were done so much better in 2k15.
IMO, responsiveness, smart Ai defense, better positioning for rebounds, and on ball defense were done much better in 2k15. in addition fouls were better represented in 2k15. I have yet to play a game in 2k16 were my time has yet to reach a bonus situation. fouls do not matter in 2k16, and fouls, adn player management is a key part of basketball.
2k16 looks better, and I do like the game, but Im back to playing 2k15 because of these littel nuances that are missing in 2k16.
the stats lines werer better in 2k15 also. and that is because teams had better pacing
Ill have to give 2k16 soem more time post patch. before I give it the title of GOAT

# 18 CaseIH @ 12/19/15 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
2K16 is like a beautiful chick with big boobs, great personality and smart too, not to mention an *** so fat it'll make you wanna slap your own mother to get a taste.

Everything about this chick is perfect except she has chronic bad breath. I mean her breath is so bad it would make a kitten commit suicide. Sure you can give her some breath mints but the smell will be right back in a few hours.

That's how I feel when I play 2K16. Everything is great but in this case 2K16s bad breath is the bad ai defense. I mean the transitional D, the help defense, the lack of awareness when getting back on D. Those are really my only issues with an otherwise perfect game.

Thats a great way to put it, and basically how I feel about NBA2k16. There was a time when the defense from the AI and your on ball D felt really good, but now not so much. Plus being a offline player and only caring about My League and My GM and having them constantly overlooked each year with even some of the same bugs as years before kind of ruin the game for me.

# 19 Armor and Sword @ 12/19/15 08:07 PM
Game is really really good. One of the best console sports game simulations I have ever played.

It's right there with MLB The Show 15 for me in terms of amazing life like gameplay.

# 20 scottyp180 @ 12/19/15 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Perfectly said. It's almost like 2k isn't competing with other sports games when it comes to realism, it's competing with real life.

I also agree about 2k being first choice when I have the gaming time. I almost feel guilty for playing 2K as much as I do. I have other games I haven't beat yet (witcher 3 and fallout 4) nut when I have the time to play a game it is hard to talk myself out of playing 2k. There are times I feel like I need to force myself to play other games.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.