Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

EA Sports UFC 2 is shipping in North America on March 15 and worldwide on March 17. Check out the official gameplay trailer here and the full press release below.

FINISH THE FIGHT WITH EA SPORTS UFC 2 STARTING MARCH 15

New Action-Packed Gameplay Trailer Highlights Big Moments From Recent Title Fights Fans Who Pre-Order Get Bas Rutten, Kazushi Sakuraba, and a Mystery Fighter*

Electronic Arts Inc. today announced EA SPORTS™ UFC® 2 launches on March 15, 2016 in North America, and March 17, 2016 worldwide. In addition to the announcement, EA released a cinematic trailer for EA SPORTS UFC 2 featuring some of the biggest moments from recent bouts, showcasing authentic gameplay features, and highlighting new character visuals and signature animations. The trailer opens on EA SPORTS UFC 2 cover athlete and UFC® featherweight champion, Conor McGregor showing fans the all-new Knockout Physics System in his championship fight at UFC® 194. From there, fans will see Dynamic Grappling, and Next-Level Submissions while reliving some of the heart-stopping moments from recent fights, and speculating what could happen in upcoming contests. Watch the trailer here.

“Whether fans want to play upcoming cards, recreate the outcome of recent fights, or go back to fight with MMA legends, we’ll help them do that in the most authentic and exciting way ever in an MMA simulation,” said Brian Hayes, Creative Director. “Our first two pre-order fighters, Bas Rutten and Kazushi Sakuraba are perfect additions to what is already the biggest roster ever for an official UFC game. Adding them is huge, and fans are going to go nuts when we reveal who the mystery fighter is. I can’t wait.”

Fans excited to step into the Octagon® can pre-order EA SPORTS UFC 2 and get day one access to two legendary fighters: UFC Hall of Famer and three-time King of Pancrase, Bas Rutten; and Japanese MMA legend, “The Gracie Hunter” Kazushi Sakuraba, with an additional mystery fighter who will be named later.* The deluxe edition of the game also includes up to $60 of UFC Ultimate Team™ Premium Packs**. For pre-order information, visit http://easports.com/UFC/buy.

EA SPORTS UFC 2 is headlined by five brand new game modes including KO Mode and UFC Ultimate Team, a revamped Career Mode that lets fans create female fighters for the first time ever in an official UFC game, and Grapple Assist, an integrated visual tool to help players learn and perfect takedowns, ground game transitions, and submissions. Full feature and mode details can be found at http://easports.com/ufc/features.

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 jb12780 @ 01/05/16 07:19 PM
Damn. Hope there is some customization with the fighters.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

# 42 aholbert32 @ 01/05/16 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
Damn. Hope there is some customization with the fighters.

I don't think there will be when it comes to gear. It's Reebok or bust.

# 43 fballturkey @ 01/05/16 07:35 PM
Can't really blame EA for that though. They're just replicating what is in the octagon.

# 44 jb12780 @ 01/05/16 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Can't really blame EA for that though. They're just replicating what is in the octagon.
Nope not EA's fault at all.

# 45 PhiPsi1 @ 01/05/16 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I am 99.9 percent sure that u can use a fighter from the roster.
*Cue chant* "This is AWESOME"!

Thanks for the info my friend!

# 46 oakevin @ 01/05/16 09:35 PM
My guesses for the mystery fighter are either Ken Shamrock or Tito Ortiz.

# 47 bigeastbumrush @ 01/05/16 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by godylla
My guess for the Secret Fighter is Joe Rogan.
I don't think they'd put Rogan in the ring and have him calling the fight.

My guess is Dana White..lol.

Re: the trailer- I think the graphics looks the same. No upgrade there. So I really hope the fatigue system is improved.

Will wait for reviews and a price drop on this.

# 48 didi1 @ 01/05/16 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
I don't think they'd put Rogan in the ring and have him calling the fight.

My guess is Dana White..lol.

Re: the trailer- I think the graphics looks the same. No upgrade there. So I really hope the fatigue system is improved.

Will wait for reviews and a price drop on this.
You also have to remember how good the graphics for UFC 1 were. At the time, it had the best graphics of any sports game, and is still up there with 2k16 for best looking.

# 49 2_headedmonster @ 01/05/16 11:29 PM
Love the sig style added...that and Bas Rutten got me hyped.

But i dont know if its the fact that it was slowed down, or 30fps but it somehow doesn't convey the violence, effort and force of fights

# 50 fballturkey @ 01/06/16 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by didi1
You also have to remember how good the graphics for UFC 1 were. At the time, it had the best graphics of any sports game, and is still up there with 2k16 for best looking.
Yeah, the graphics in 1 (and in most sports games by now to be honest) are well past the point of diminishing returns. The big gains can be made with the animations.

# 51 Money99 @ 01/06/16 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by godylla
My guess for the Secret Fighter is Joe Rogan.
The only better option would be Steven Seagal.
He would start every fight with his stamina at -10 and he'd be dragging *** just to touch gloves (which I would fake doing, then punch him in his fat head).

# 52 woody2goody @ 01/06/16 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Cro Cop is a current signed UFC fighter so I doubt he is the mystery fighter. Also he is on a drug suspension which wouldnt be great press for EA.
He should be in though with any luck

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

# 53 Hiro1 @ 01/06/16 06:00 PM
Excited for this. Like many others I'm hoping for a great fatigue system. It'd be a bummer not to have Mcgregor's green shorts. I'm hoping reebok get more short styles. White was a horrible color to go with considering blood and all.

# 54 nyjets28 @ 01/06/16 09:50 PM
Is Brock returning on the game? And the other legends from the dlc?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

# 55 redsox4evur @ 01/06/16 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjets28
Is Brock returning on the game? And the other legends from the dlc?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
No go on Brock and depends on others I'm guessing. Also CM Punk is in.

# 56 nStahl94 @ 01/07/16 03:36 PM
It was only an online problem but I hope they made a change for when someone gets stunned meter blinking or whatever and the guy who got rocked would spam the lean back to stay in the fight...it's ridiculous when someone gets rocked I want my guy to go unload like they would in real life, not miss all his strikes because the other player pulls that bs that would never happen in a real UFC fight. I liked when you rock someone and they spam takedown which is easy to defend you stuff the takedown and control them easy submission or take the back and beat them down

# 57 Review @ 01/10/16 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakevin
My guesses for the mystery fighter are either Ken Shamrock or Tito Ortiz.

Good guess. I'll throw my guess out there for Randy Couture

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 58 Pappy Knuckles @ 01/10/16 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nStahl94
It was only an online problem but I hope they made a change for when someone gets stunned meter blinking or whatever and the guy who got rocked would spam the lean back to stay in the fight...it's ridiculous when someone gets rocked I want my guy to go unload like they would in real life, not miss all his strikes because the other player pulls that bs that would never happen in a real UFC fight. I liked when you rock someone and they spam takedown which is easy to defend you stuff the takedown and control them easy submission or take the back and beat them down
Lol. The way guys lean back when rocked online is so ridiculous.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.