Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Another NBA 2K16 roster update has arrived today, we've listed some of the changes below.

GOING UP
  • Kevin Durant +1 (93)
  • John Wall +1 (90)
  • Draymond Green +2 (89)
  • Chris Paul +1 (89)
  • Andre Drummond +1 (88)
  • DeMarcus Cousins +1 (88)
  • Jimmy Butler +2 (88)
  • Carmelo Anthony +1 (87)
  • Dwyane Wade +1 (86)
  • DeMar DeRozan +1 (86)
  • Pau Gasol +1 (86)
  • Chris Bosh +1 (85)
  • Nikola Vucevic +1 (84)
  • Reggie Jackson +1 (84)
  • Karl-Anthony Towns +1 (83)
  • Kemba Walker +2 (83)
  • Gordon Hayward +1 (82)
  • Avery Bradley +1 (81)
  • Manu Ginobili +1 (81)
  • J.J. Redick +1 (80)
  • Kobe Bryant +1 (78)
GOING DOWN
  • Tim Duncan -2 (83)
  • C.J. McCollum -1 (82)
  • Marc Gasol -2 (82)
  • Rudy Gay -1 (81)
  • Andrew Wiggins -1 (80)
Each roster update contains accessory and team color changes.

To see a more detailed breakdown of the roster update, which includes individual attribute updates, head on over to 2KMTC.

Let us know what you are seeing!

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 hear me now @ 01/13/16 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopsin
"For the last 7 games"
People do understand players can play better right [emoji23][emoji58]
You're saying he should be rated based on his hot streak while everyone else is rated based on their whole season.

# 182 MoneyOvaHuds @ 01/13/16 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hear me now
You're saying he should be rated based on his hot streak while everyone else is rated based on their whole season.

No that's not what he's saying , he's saying Rose shouldn't have been decreased for the positive play he has had . He should be a 78 or 79 right now not a 77 where he was dropped to recently .

Use of daily updates or weekly updates is pretty useless of players ratings don't change to reflect current play . Just go back to the every other 4 weeks updates of the past .

# 183 MoneyOvaHuds @ 01/13/16 11:05 PM
Man I'm getting a headache about this now lol

Everyone agrees Rose has sucked but the last two weeks he's been playing well and the stats posted showed that .

People are just befuddled to why he was decreasing last week despite playing well . That is all , his rating wasn't even an 80 before the recent decrease it was like a 79 . If a player is playing horrible then don't be scared to drop him a lot . Tbh Rose should have been this rating a month ago

# 184 coolcras7 @ 01/13/16 11:07 PM
Quote:
You do realize that players are updated after the game is released, and several times after, the whole update roster is just not for accessories, if a player is playing better it should be represented in the game. I think the issue is that Rose was overrated when the season start and is now being downgraded to some extent realistically in other not so much.

# 185 hear me now @ 01/13/16 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
You do realize that players are updated after the game is released, and several times after, the whole update roster is just not for accessories, if a player is playing better it should be represented in the game. I think the issue is that Rose was overrated when the season start and is now being downgraded to some extent realistically in other not so much.
Yes. Who doesn't know that ratings are updated? It's based on season stats.

# 186 coolcras7 @ 01/13/16 11:41 PM
Quote:
Yes. Who doesn't know that ratings are updated? It's based on season stats.
You can't base it on season stats, whats the point if that. If a player plays horrible months ago, and in the last month goes on a hot streak he won't be accurately represent in the game today if you go off season stats.

# 187 hear me now @ 01/14/16 12:06 AM
Quote:
You can't base it on season stats, whats the point if that. If a player plays horrible months ago, and in the last month goes on a hot streak he won't be accurately represent in the game today if you go off season stats.
The official rosters are based on season stats...not hot streaks, so I don't know what to tell you. If a player can have a significant improvement for a long time, it would have an effect on season stats though.

# 188 Real2KInsider @ 01/14/16 06:55 AM
Quote:
Really? So when you load up an 82 game season the players should produce like that one good month they had out of six?

Sounds like you would have really accurate team W/L records and player production...

# 189 Real2KInsider @ 01/14/16 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopsin
That's the thing, nobody's asking for Rose to be rated any higher than he was. If anything maybe 1-2 points nothing major. We are asking why is he still dropping overalls etc.
The use of specific attributes throughout this argument has been staggering.

Hell, I even posted them all for you, and nothing.

# 190 Real2KInsider @ 01/14/16 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalenT
LOL @ this guy. Here you go....Hold this for me....."L"

I just figured it out. He just flat out doesn't like the guy. The only explanation I can think of for how you can justify decreasing a player playing better. LOL
By this logic Rivers should be decreased too.

Except the whole logical part where Rose's season stats flat out suck, which has been addressed ad nausea.

Rivers likewise has been awful this year. The last 10 games don't take away from the fact that he is a borderline NBA player on the vast majority of nights.

The difference between Rivers/Rose is one of these players actually had semi-accurate (read: LOW) ratings entering the year.

2K was very reluctant to reduce Rose even dating back to last season, which is why his rating can drop even in the midst of a "hot streak". Complaining about a rating change being unjustified ONLY makes sense if the previous ratings were justified to begin with.

# 191 sabastiane @ 01/14/16 09:24 AM
I haven't played this game since this update. Did they add the all-star jerseys?

# 192 QNo @ 01/14/16 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
Man I'm getting a headache about this now lol

Everyone agrees Rose has sucked but the last two weeks he's been playing well and the stats posted showed that .

People are just befuddled to why he was decreasing last week despite playing well . That is all , his rating wasn't even an 80 before the recent decrease it was like a 79 . If a player is playing horrible then don't be scared to drop him a lot . Tbh Rose should have been this rating a month ago
http://2kmtcentral.com/16/players/8630/derrick-rose

Rose had previously not been updated since December 12th, the Dec 25 update was a league-wide 3-pointer only update. So some of his terrible play from before hadn't been factored in yet.

# 193 coolcras7 @ 01/14/16 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
Really? So when you load up an 82 game season the players should produce like that one good month they had out of six?

Sounds like you would have really accurate team W/L records and player production...
Since I don't play season mode maybe you can educate me, how are rating adjusted during season mode ? If you are playing with a specific team is a player with bad rating forever stuck with that particular rating ?

# 194 TalenT @ 01/14/16 12:13 PM
Quote:
Except the whole logical part where Rose's season stats flat out suck, which has been addressed ad nausea.

Rivers likewise has been awful this year. The last 10 games don't take away from the fact that he is a borderline NBA player on the vast majority of nights.

The difference between Rivers/Rose is one of these players actually had semi-accurate (read: LOW) ratings entering the year.

2K was very reluctant to reduce Rose even dating back to last season, which is why his rating can drop even in the midst of a "hot streak". Complaining about a rating change being unjustified ONLY makes sense if the previous ratings were justified to begin with.
SMH...

That is SO NOT how it works. You take a player's CURRENT rating (meaning the rating starting from the previous update) and the games played between that previous update and the new one you increase or decrease based off those ratings in the areas he improved or took a step back. They don't make his overall up based on those games played LOL!!!! Lol And 2K didn't drop Rose's ratings because they felt he was rated too high dating back to last year LOLLL! You sir....are confused.

# 195 TalenT @ 01/14/16 12:14 PM
How Rashidi thinks we think it works. "Austin Rivers has been playing like an 85 overall lately...lets make it so w/ his ratings!" SMH

# 196 Real2KInsider @ 01/14/16 05:09 PM
Quote:
How Rashidi thinks we think it works. "Austin Rivers has been playing like an 85 overall lately...lets make it so w/ his ratings!" SMH
That is literally what you are arguing if you think Rose deserves a higher OVR than what he currently has.

# 197 TalenT @ 01/14/16 05:57 PM
Quote:
That is literally what you are arguing if you think Rose deserves a higher OVR than what he currently has.
***Face palm***

No sir, never said Rose deserves a higher rating. I'm starting to believe you haven't READ a thing we've typed. Makes sense though. We are specifically talking about how he should not be LOWERED! Do you understand my argument now? LOWERED for playing his best ball of the season. No complaints if he stays the same rating even. Can you at least agree that if you play well you shouldn't go down??????????????????????

# 198 Real2KInsider @ 01/15/16 09:14 AM
Quote:
Can you at least agree that if you play well you shouldn't go down??????????????????????
Under NORMAL circumstances, yes.

This is Very. Clearly. Not.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.