Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Another NBA 2K16 roster update has arrived today, we've listed some of the changes below.

GOING UP
  • Kevin Durant +1 (93)
  • John Wall +1 (90)
  • Draymond Green +2 (89)
  • Chris Paul +1 (89)
  • Andre Drummond +1 (88)
  • DeMarcus Cousins +1 (88)
  • Jimmy Butler +2 (88)
  • Carmelo Anthony +1 (87)
  • Dwyane Wade +1 (86)
  • DeMar DeRozan +1 (86)
  • Pau Gasol +1 (86)
  • Chris Bosh +1 (85)
  • Nikola Vucevic +1 (84)
  • Reggie Jackson +1 (84)
  • Karl-Anthony Towns +1 (83)
  • Kemba Walker +2 (83)
  • Gordon Hayward +1 (82)
  • Avery Bradley +1 (81)
  • Manu Ginobili +1 (81)
  • J.J. Redick +1 (80)
  • Kobe Bryant +1 (78)
GOING DOWN
  • Tim Duncan -2 (83)
  • C.J. McCollum -1 (82)
  • Marc Gasol -2 (82)
  • Rudy Gay -1 (81)
  • Andrew Wiggins -1 (80)
Each roster update contains accessory and team color changes.

To see a more detailed breakdown of the roster update, which includes individual attribute updates, head on over to 2KMTC.

Let us know what you are seeing!

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Hornetz @ 01/08/16 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
Read CookNBA03's post again. Read some of the recent articles on him. Read introductions to advanced stats and stop relying on counting stats for your arguments. This is not the 80s, we have much better tools of evaluating players and teams today. At the very least, watch some videos on him, I think BBallbreakdown did one a few days ago.
I read his post, he asked how the difference in numbers considered Blake Griffin an on all-star level (in my opinion) and Draymond's are not, which I explained. You actually have no point or argument with your post than to weakly critique me, as if I do not know basketball? "This is not the 80s" I have put up great counter-arguments to make my point while you pull out statements such as..... You deserve no more of my time.

# 42 dom5552 @ 01/08/16 10:59 AM
I'm confused how Demarcus Cousins is averaging almost 10-12 more points than Draymond, 3-5 more rebounds and he's rated lower. I get that assist to turnover ratio is different but still.. When you win in franchise, Cousins only gets 17-18 ppg and 9 rebounds. I don't understand that

# 43 Don Jon @ 01/08/16 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom5552
I'm confused how Demarcus Cousins is averaging almost 10-12 more points than Draymond, 3-5 more rebounds and he's rated lower. I get that assist to turnover ratio is different but still.. When you win in franchise, Cousins only gets 17-18 ppg and 9 rebounds. I don't understand that
100% Tendencies. 2k rarely updates these. I edited Demarcus to shoot more threes and pass less and now he puts up 25 and 12

# 44 Kodii Rockets @ 01/08/16 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
They dropped his rebounding yesterday, despite a slight increase in rebounding #s, they drop his shot IQ, despite him shooting the best he has all year. And again, if you watched him play, he's been the quickest and most explosive all year the past 5 games, but suddenly completely loses the ability to dunk in 1 day?

I'm not saying he should be an 85 overnight, but there's zero reason for him to be falling right now.
As a diehard Bulls fan who's made note that Derrick Rose hasn't dunked a basketball in game since game 1 of the Bucks series last playoffs.

I have a hard time understanding why you guys have a problem with his dunk rating dropping. He's just not that guy anymore, if anything, the 40 point decrease is long overdue.

I agree his lateral quickness/first step is looking similar to old DRose, but as far as the dunking, explosive, crazy athletic DRose? That ship has sailed.

I don't remember a time when he's had less than 4 turnovers per game, and his ball handling just isn't there, don't know what the problem is with that, but it's not. So the decrease in ball control is also justifiable.

# 45 CookNBA03 @ 01/08/16 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornetz
That is the perfect question and I have your answer. Draymond Green is not comparable to the likes of Blake Griffin because of the margins and discrepancies of his statistics. Like I said if 0.5 steal, 0.7 block, 1 rebound is a large enough margin more while the points/gm, usage is obviously lacking then there you have it. The players are not equal. They should not have equal ratings.

Rajon Rondo can pass the ball as well as he would like but until he has points like Curry, or Paul, or Lillard, or any points then he will not be considered all-star, just a great passer. Draymond Green is no all-star, just all-around. I say that statement unsure though because of the wack Hawks players that were in the all-star game last season.

EDIT: I forgot to mention Rajon Rondo's lockdown defense of course.
You're forgetting to look at the advanced stats between the two as well, Draymond is beating him in just about every category there. Rondo can pass and he can play defense but he isn't even remotely close to how good offensively the other guards are. Atlanta players deserved to be there last year, they were killing it. If they we're able to duplicate their play from the RS to the PS, they would've taken Cleveland 6-7 games(even though they were without 2 of their 3 best players).

# 46 QNo @ 01/08/16 11:21 AM
Quote:
I read his post, he asked how the difference in numbers considered Blake Griffin an on all-star level (in my opinion) and Draymond's are not, which I explained. You actually have no point or argument with your post than to weakly critique me, as if I do not know basketball? "This is not the 80s" I have put up great counter-arguments to make my point while you pull out statements such as..... You deserve no more of my time.
You're missing that Draymond's stats are much better than Blakes because you only look at points etc. Look at this data again - Draymond is a much better defender and passer, a better offensive rebounder, has a higher eFG% and TS% (whereas you only mentioned FG%). Most importantly, he makes his team a lot better, exemplified by his unbelievable Net Rating. Even if Dray's blocks and steals are not THAT much higher, his presence on the floor makes a way bigger difference on how his team defends than Blake's presence does for his. He is the main reason that the Warriors can run the switching scheme that they run and that the best lineup in NBA history, the Death Lineup, is so incredibly effective.

The only thing Blake is better at is scoring, but even so, the Warriors score 8 points per possession more when Draymond is on the floor than the Clippers do when Blake is on the floor.

Blake is a terrific player, but not as good in the regular season as he is when he's playing at his best. In a fantasy draft, Blake would always get drafted over Draymond, but Draymond's been having a better regular season than Blake. Look at how well the Clippers have been playing now that Blake is injured.

# 47 CookNBA03 @ 01/08/16 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
You're missing that Draymond's stats are much better than Blakes because you only look at points etc. Look at this data again - Draymond is a much better defender and passer, a better offensive rebounder, has a higher eFG% and TS% (whereas you only mentioned FG%). Most importantly, he makes his team a lot better, exemplified by his unbelievable Net Rating. Even if Dray's blocks and steals are not THAT much higher, his presence on the floor makes a way bigger difference on how his team defends than Blake's presence does for his. He is the main reason that the Warriors can run the switching scheme that they run and that the best lineup in NBA history, the Death Lineup, is so incredibly effective.

The only thing Blake is better at is scoring, but even so, the Warriors score 8 points per possession more when Draymond is on the floor than the Clippers do when Blake is on the floor.

Blake is a terrific player, but not as good in the regular season as he is when he's playing at his best. In a fantasy draft, Blake would always get drafted over Draymond, but Draymond's been having a better regular season than Blake. Look at how well the Clippers have been playing now that Blake is injured.
The Clippers are weird as hell though. One of Paul or Griffin would get hurt and next thing you know, they're making a run. I hope they continue this even when Blake gets back, would make an interesting 4 team race between the Warriors, Spurs, Thunder, and Clippers.

# 48 spoofrice11 @ 01/08/16 12:03 PM
I'm happy to see more updates. I will start my MyLeague tonite or tomorrow. Think they will update again during the night, like they have the last 2 days?

A lot of FT updates today and a few players got full updates.
Good to see guys that have been playing great lately like Butler & Wall upgraded.

***Anyone know if they did/do update players tendencies as well (so guys scoring more get more touches, take more shots and stuff)?

# 49 Semipro91 @ 01/08/16 12:07 PM
Quote:
These ratings almost gave me a heart attack. It wouldn't matter if I didn't even play online, but I do. Now the classic teams must be brought out to due to worries of inaccuracies (in my own irrelevant opinion of course.)

Draymond Green gets two back to back triple doubles and thats +4 in two days? I get he's having an amazing season but an 89 overall does NOT reflect a season averaging 14p, 9r, 7a. Now this guy is with superstar PFs in the league such as: Anthony Davis, Lamarcus Aldridge, and even Blake Griffin! Up his rebounding, up his passing vision + IQ and thats it Mr. Roster Editors.

CJ McCollum: Where to start? This guy is in his third season averaging 21 points thus far. Up from 6p/gm last season and 5/gm his rookie season he is playing amazing when the Trailblazers have only D. Lillard who's averaging 24 points but he takes a hit! Never in my life have I cared about the trailblazers but why why why? I don't know why I need legit, accurate answers.
That is why these are "rolling" ratings. Once Draymond cools off, so will some of his ratings.

# 50 ksuttonjr76 @ 01/08/16 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyClaxton
I was talking to video game, dude plays good defense and is pretty much good athlete yet in game is useless for me
Lol...pretty much. He dropped Chase Budinger so much that I started using GRIII. He's basically a second coming of a Gerald Green or JR Smith type player due to the high physical ratings.

# 51 Thelorn @ 01/08/16 12:34 PM
Lol at John Wall's

# 52 DBMcGee3 @ 01/08/16 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodii Rockets
As a diehard Bulls fan who's made note that Derrick Rose hasn't dunked a basketball in game since game 1 of the Bucks series last playoffs.

I have a hard time understanding why you guys have a problem with his dunk rating dropping. He's just not that guy anymore, if anything, the 40 point decrease is long overdue.

I agree his lateral quickness/first step is looking similar to old DRose, but as far as the dunking, explosive, crazy athletic DRose? That ship has sailed.

I don't remember a time when he's had less than 4 turnovers per game, and his ball handling just isn't there, don't know what the problem is with that, but it's not. So the decrease in ball control is also justifiable.
He's only averaging 2.7 TOs for the year, which gives him about a 2:1 assist/TO ratio. If he had been on a streak of notably sloppy play, I'd get it, but again, he's playing the best he has all year and he's still dropping. I agree with you that his dunk rating should be much lower than it has been, just seems funny that they drop it so severely overnight while he's looking the best he has in 4 years physically. I love the fact that 2k does such frequent updates, but if you're going to drop a guy every time he plays poorly, then you have to show him some love when he's playing well, right?

Butler dropped a couple of points after having that monster game in Toronto, then he plays mediocre ball last night and gains 2 points overall. Just doesn't add up to me, I think they'd be better off doing weekly updates rather than killing themselves making knee jerk reactions daily.

# 53 MoneyOvaHuds @ 01/08/16 01:22 PM
JIMMY !!!!!!!!!

# 54 MoneyOvaHuds @ 01/08/16 01:29 PM
Quote:
He's only averaging 2.7 TOs for the year, which gives him about a 2:1 assist/TO ratio. If he had been on a streak of notably sloppy play, I'd get it, but again, he's playing the best he has all year and he's still dropping. I agree with you that his dunk rating should be much lower than it has been, just seems funny that they drop it so severely overnight while he's looking the best he has in 4 years physically. I love the fact that 2k does such frequent updates, but if you're going to drop a guy every time he plays poorly, then you have to show him some love when he's playing well, right?

Butler dropped a couple of points after having that monster game in Toronto, then he plays mediocre ball last night and gains 2 points overall. Just doesn't add up to me, I think they'd be better off doing weekly updates rather than killing themselves making knee jerk reactions daily.

I agree , rose off the last 10 games should at least be an 80 or 81 . Just lower his dunking and some 3 outside shooting attributes. Physically in quickness he's been looking like his old days a lil . His finishing has been better, his mid range is getting back to it was the year before his MVP season where he shot the best mid range % for PGs and defensively Rose has been solid as always . Just slips on sometimes with the back cuts but his on ball defense is always there

https://youtu.be/RyC-S7Wh9P8

https://youtu.be/35ucc1EVZns

https://youtu.be/-ewCDmCt0lA

https://youtu.be/8nEI-7TojbU

https://youtu.be/uWiA1tJqy4k

# 55 Mbunn1993 @ 01/08/16 02:21 PM
Has Marc Gasol really been that bad this year? That he's now an 82? I haven't watched many Grizzlies games but he went from a stud DPOY C to an 82 in 2K?... yikes! Now I need to watch them more if I can

# 56 Hopsin @ 01/08/16 02:34 PM
Quote:

It's starting to get annoying, a few weeks back I wouldn't be to overly mad at this, but he's been balling lately, not MVP like but pretty good. It makes no sense that he is still declining.. He's consistently attacking the goal, pushing the pace, finding open teammates. Why is he still dropping?

# 57 bwright25 @ 01/08/16 02:34 PM
Quote:
These ratings almost gave me a heart attack. It wouldn't matter if I didn't even play online, but I do. Now the classic teams must be brought out to due to worries of inaccuracies (in my own irrelevant opinion of course.)

Draymond Green gets two back to back triple doubles and thats +4 in two days? I get he's having an amazing season but an 89 overall does NOT reflect a season averaging 14p, 9r, 7a. Now this guy is with superstar PFs in the league such as: Anthony Davis, Lamarcus Aldridge, and even Blake Griffin! Up his rebounding, up his passing vision + IQ and thats it Mr. Roster Editors.

CJ McCollum: Where to start? This guy is in his third season averaging 21 points thus far. Up from 6p/gm last season and 5/gm his rookie season he is playing amazing when the Trailblazers have only D. Lillard who's averaging 24 points but he takes a hit! Never in my life have I cared about the trailblazers but why why why? I don't know why I need legit, accurate answers.
Draymond is the MVP right now of the NBA. The warriors would not be what they are without him. IMO he is more imporatnt than curry is to the team as a whole.

# 58 bwright25 @ 01/08/16 02:35 PM
Quote:
I agree on the aspect that a player's stats reflect the type of player but still adherently believe that an 89 overall is dare I say, overrated?

I will use another excellent passing big man as my example, Blake Griffin.
This season Blake Griffin is averaging 23p, 8.7r, and an even 5a/ game.
We take those numbers vs. Draymond Green who shoots 46% while Blake Griffin is at 50%. Now using your argument of (a players stats reflect the player, I also maintain my argument that a players STATISTICS reflect his OVERALL in this game.

That all being said Draymond Green is an 89 and Blake Griffin is an 89 also. If I'm Blake Griffin my statistics are justified, for Draymond Green 1 more rebound and nearly 10 less points/gm and I'm wondering where this comes from??? Now Damian Lillard who you pointed out, I was not making a case for, as he is not overrated is he?
Its not just about stats.

# 59 TalenT @ 01/08/16 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopsin
It's starting to get annoying, a few weeks back I wouldn't be to overly mad at this, but he's been balling lately, not MVP like but pretty good. It makes no sense that he is still declining.. He's consistently attacking the goal, pushing the pace, finding open teammates. Why is he still dropping?
At the beginning of the season I actually agreed with his attribute decline (except on defense where he's been pretty damn solid IMO) but now it's become confusing. This update is based on the past few games, correct? If so, he has been a terror for defenses. He's showing flashes of that elite athleticism, shiftiness and acrobatic finishing ability. I can't jump on board w/ the drop.

# 60 DBMcGee3 @ 01/08/16 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalenT
At the beginning of the season I actually agreed with his attribute decline (except on defense where he's been pretty damn solid IMO) but now it's become confusing. This update is based on the past few games, correct? If so, he has been a terror for defenses. He's showing flashes of that elite athleticism, shiftiness and acrobatic finishing ability. I can't jump on board w/ the drop.
And yet Kobe goes up a point overall from one good game. It's easier for me to understand when they don't raise a guy's stats, because there are so many players in the league that I'm sure it's incredibly hard to catch everything. But when you go out of your way to significantly reduce a guy's ratings when he's playing the best he has in a long time, I'm stumped.

All that being said, I still have tons of love for the 2k guys and the effort they've put in post-launch. I don't always agree with everything they do but it's still as good as any sports game around in my opinion.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.