Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

EA Sports posted an initially cryptic video on the NCAA Football Facebook Page today which appeared to 'show signs of life' with a heartbeat monitor.

However, instead of a cryptic announcement of an impending announcement of the game coming back, it appears the tweet was actually meant to be to mark the National Title Game tonight. Honestly, if that's the case its the worst way ever to do it -- as with nothing seemingly in development you basically are posting a video that'd make most everyone think you meant something about a 'dead' game series.

From what we know, and from what others have been told via EA, there either isn't an NCAA Football game in development right now and/or there is one under development that EA outright denies at this point and has locked up as an insanely well kept secret.

It doesn't help either that the caption of the video is "Our heart still beats for the big game... ‪#‎NationalChampionship‬" so it would seem to be about tonight's game vs. an announcement of a new NCAA game. However this is the first new post in two years on the Facebook page, so why now of all times?

With the NCAA meeting happening this week, along with the National Title game, the timing and content of the video was certainly odd and not well thought out if its not to pre-announce something -- but who knows. Maybe this is EA's way of saying something is coming eventually and we'll all be screaming for joy when that happens. It's entirely plausible this is a tease for an ad in tonight's game announcing a comeback -- it's also entirely plausible this is just a bad PR stunt by a company that probably should be above that sort of thing.

UPDATE: The official Twitter page has also posted the following updates...

We have no new plans or announcements to make regarding the EA SPORTS NCAA Football series.

Today’s #NationalChampionship game reminds us more than ever that the hearts in our community still beat for college football.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Gosens6 @ 01/13/16 12:19 AM
Man.. Is this what it's like for crackheads to want Crack? Y'all were grasping for some major straws here lol.

Game is a LONG ways away from returning, if ever.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

# 102 tru11 @ 01/13/16 05:03 AM
10/10 troll job by EA lel

# 103 tarheelguy4736 @ 01/13/16 09:59 AM
If I hit the powerball tonight I'll be sure to start a video game company to produce a generic college game with full editable options... Just for you guys...forget EA!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

# 104 darknmild @ 01/13/16 12:26 PM
I don't understand why players that want to have a certain game back have to be referred to as crackheads...lol. NCAA Football has a huge following which is obvious by this thread. NCAA Football will make a comeback. Why not do what 2K did and get whatever licensing they received and make generic players. It might start out small with only a few teams as I recall Bill Walsh College Football had humble beginnings. Before Florida State in NCAA Football there was Tallahassee in Bill Walsh College Football. I hope that issues do get ironed so that we can have a College Football game again and very soon.

# 105 dante1492 @ 01/13/16 12:32 PM
That disappointment on having seen that it was not an advertisement of a new NCAA,I expect to see a new game prompt, I it find the madden great to being absent it does not manage to transmit the same thing go NCAA!!!

# 106 w00dy Hayezz @ 01/14/16 04:03 PM
Real teams and stadiums with made up players would be fine by me. After a few years of recruiting it wouldn't matter anyway.

# 107 Slegr @ 01/18/16 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00dy Hayezz
Real teams and stadiums with made up players would be fine by me. After a few years of recruiting it wouldn't matter anyway.
This, as long as the teams, stadiums, mascots, bowls, authentic branded presentation are in that's what I need for a college football game, the actual rosters to me are least important as they get washed out in franchise mode anyway.

# 108 nuckles2k2 @ 01/19/16 03:30 PM
Since I haven't seen this article mentioned in here during my brief browsing, I'll just quote my post from another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
I agree 100%, I was just theorizing a fool-proof way they could make things happen without any slippery slopes.

A fake roster would be the best way, and while they wouldn't do what they did with O'Bannon, Tebow, et al (same height, weight, race, skin tone, handedness, features, number, etc) - they would be leery of any accidental likenesses while players are prevented from being compensated.

After reading up a bit, and discovering this article:

EA SPORTS' NCAA FOOTBALL GAME WILL BE BACK IF THE NCAA LOSES IN COURT

I think it's more-so that we're in a holding pattern, & EA is waiting to see if the NCAA wins or loses(again) in court.

Here's a few quotes from the article:

We just have to wait, and hope it seems.
These are the quotes from the article (you can't quote inside a quote lol):

Quote:
O'Bannon is often blamed for the cancellation of NCAA video games, but he had no issues with using player NILs for commercial purposes. He simply felt it was unfair for those same players to not get a financial cut when everyone else was making money. The NCAA feels differently, and it's the association's intransigence on amateurism that's leaving gamers out in the cold.
Quote:
Kessler is hellbent on changing the NCAA system, and he's widely regarded as arguably the best sports antitrust attorney in the country. Although his case has yet to go to trial, college administrators in a recent CBS poll named him the sixth most influential person in college sports.

If Kessler wins, gamers win. And if you don't want to root for an attorney, you can root for Nigel Hayes, the fun-loving star of the University of Wisconsin basketball team who joined the Kessler suit—officially named the Jenkins suit for Clemson University football player Martin Jenkins—as a plaintiff.

One of the keys for Kessler will be to prove that there is a market for paying athletes. He will undoubtedly call an EA Sports executive to the stand to explain just how much they'd be happy to pay players to bring back the game. The more EA Sports wants the game back, and the more it shares that view at an eventual trial, the better.

It's a process, and the process has to play out. And while I wouldn't say it looks 100% promising, it's also not as dead as some think.

It'll take time, compelling arguments in court, and some intelligent forward thinking judges.

EA's stunt on Facebook & then quick denial of anything happening --- and/or --- whether or not we'll see a NCAA Football again, are two entirely separate conversations.

From what I gather about the issue, Kessler(the attorney who aided the NFLPA in turning the heat up on Goodell in the Ray Rice situation) is looking to use the court's ruling in O'Bannon's favor (and against the NCAA) in his antitrust lawsuit.

Oral arguments, in the Court of Appeals, start in early March on the O'Bannon case (NCAA scrambling to get the ruling against them overturned).

All the while, Kessler is gearing up for his battle.

I read the NCAA wants the Supreme Court to hear their case (no guarantee the Supreme Court is willing to hear it), but if they lose the appeal that starts in March, and Kessler comes swinging the hammer after they just took that loss...

Things could get very very interesting.

O'Bannon is actually not the enemy here. He wants players compensated for use of their likeness, EA (and I'm sure other publishers) are willing to pay players for use of their likeness. NCAA doesn't want that. They lost. They have the right to appeal, and they are. Meanwhile Kessler is bringing an antirust case, which would dismantle all of the NCAA's "amateurism" ish, & we'll see college games again. Point blank.

It'll take years to play out, and the NCAA's loss in both cases isn't guaranteed (appeals & antitrust case).

But they already lost once on a matter that is intimately related to Kessler's case. Never say never.

# 109 jmaj315 @ 02/02/16 11:38 AM
Why would you get my hopes up like this? 🙏
It would be cool if it were televised lol

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

# 110 swac07 @ 02/19/16 02:10 AM
Never thought I would see this forum end up as a ghost town, but then again I'd never thought I would miss this title as much as I do now -sighs-

# 111 Kodos @ 02/19/16 10:32 AM
This subforum is actually surprisingly active considering we haven't had a new game in years.

# 112 Skulletor @ 02/19/16 04:57 PM
truth is, with the editor and web page creator, I have a better NCAA game than EA would be giving me

the only thing it's missing are the new 1-A teams, logos and bowls which is unfortunate but it detracts like 5%

# 113 goillini03 @ 02/19/16 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulletor
truth is, with the editor and web page creator, I have a better NCAA game than EA would be giving me

the only thing it's missing are the new 1-A teams, logos and bowls which is unfortunate but it detracts like 5%
I would like to have updated graphics. The editor is too much work for me...I just want to play an updated working game.

# 114 SilverBullet19 @ 02/19/16 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulletor

for those of us who are technilogically inept, this isn't a big help

# 115 fballturkey @ 02/19/16 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos
This subforum is actually surprisingly active considering we haven't had a new game in years.
College football is huge and people love it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.