Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

EA will begin showing off some of the gameplay aspects of EA Sports UFC 2 in a new trailer, scheduled to release tomorrow. We will post it as soon as it arrives.

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Tsuki @ 01/11/16 11:20 PM
CM PUNK CM PUNK CM PUNK

# 2 godylla @ 01/11/16 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuki
CM PUNK CM PUNK CM PUNK
Although I am a fan of Punk, and wish him nothing but the best, the reports of him being rated an 85 seem a bit too generous for what we know about his skill set in MMA.

# 3 JoeMimic @ 01/11/16 11:31 PM
Lol an 85? If that's true (not sure if Holbert can verify) i hope we can edit guys offline.

# 4 aholbert32 @ 01/11/16 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMimic
Lol an 85? If that's true (not sure if Holbert can verify) i hope we can edit guys offline.
This is what I wrote on the EA forums:

1) We dont know if Mike Bohn is right or if they plan to change the rating.

2) We dont know what individual ratings he has that make him an 85.

3) Here's what I do know. I cant get into specifics but I've seen his perks and that ratings of each individual perk levels are. He has a low number of perks. Only 2 fighters out of the 250 have less and all of the perks are the lowest level.

So its safe to assume that the ratings and skills wont all be the same. Looking at his perks and based on the MW ratings I've seen, he will be one of the least powered MW in the game.

# 5 BDKiiing @ 01/12/16 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by godylla
Although I am a fan of Punk, and wish him nothing but the best, the reports of him being rated an 85 seem a bit too generous for what we know about his skill set in MMA.
I was very shocked seeing that. Would have thought 80 would have been more fitting to overrate him, but have it still realistic.

# 6 Money99 @ 01/12/16 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolski
I was very shocked seeing that. Would have thought 80 would have been more fitting to overrate him, but have it still realistic.
I wonder if the UFC forces developers to limit how low a fighter can be rated?
I know that's what happens with the NHL games. The NHLPA won't allow any player to be rated below a certain value.

That's why when I play that game, I pay more attention to the individual attributes than the OV.

# 7 aholbert32 @ 01/12/16 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I wonder if the UFC forces developers to limit how low a fighter can be rated?
I know that's what happens with the NHL games. The NHLPA won't allow any player to be rated below a certain value.

That's why when I play that game, I pay more attention to the individual attributes than the OV.
Right on both accounts. The UFC has alot of control over the main ratings and the individual attributes are what matters.

# 8 jeremym480 @ 01/12/16 10:54 AM
Quote:
Honestly, I still don't get why the UFC or EA or whoever wouldn't allow us to edit ratings offline. I get why online or "out of the box" ratings are they way they are because they don't want to hurt one of their fighters feelings or whatever, but offline there isn't no reason that I've heard for this.

I'm close to boycotting any EA (or sports game in general, but EA's game are the only ones that don't allow editing) game that doesn't allow editing. It's petty, ridiculous and a big turn off to me.

# 9 JoeMimic @ 01/12/16 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Honestly, I still don't get why the UFC or EA or whoever wouldn't allow us to edit ratings offline. I get why online or "out of the box" ratings are they way they are because they don't want to hurt one of their fighters feelings or whatever, but offline there isn't no reason that I've heard for this.

I'm close to boycotting any EA (or sports game in general, but EA's game are the only ones that don't allow editing) game that doesn't allow editing. It's petty, ridiculous and a big turn off to me.
Yeah it's frustrating when the majority of major sports games you can edit the rosters offline to your liking. Hell in the WWE game you can edit anyone if you buy the add on. SELL ME AN ADD ON EA lol.

# 10 jeremym480 @ 01/12/16 07:29 PM
Quote:
Yeah it's frustrating when the majority of major sports games you can edit the rosters offline to your liking. Hell in the WWE game you can edit anyone if you buy the add on. SELL ME AN ADD ON EA lol.
I'll pay if it came down to it. I shouldn't have to, but I would.

# 11 jvalverde88 @ 01/12/16 07:42 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I'll pay if it came down to it. I shouldn't have to, but I would.
If EA sold it like 2K does its accelerator (option to unlock everything from the get go) for WWE 2K for 1.99, I'd buy it.

# 12 fballturkey @ 01/12/16 08:08 PM
The general thinking is that it is the UFC that puts the kibosh on stat editing, so I doubt it's any more likely as DLC than as something in the base game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.