Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

The official MLB The Show 16 Twitter account has been answering quite a few questions about their upcoming game recently, we've listed some of them below. We should be hearing much more about the game, including developer Twitch streams in the weeks to come.

If you can say Will you be bringing back ability to change ticket prices and concession food prices?

No those won't be coming back for 16 but there are great new features and changes coming to franchise mode. Stay tuned!

Can you still play your RTTS character from 15 to 16 like people did from 14 to 15?

Yes

Player tattoos coming this year?

No

Will we be able to carryover out franchises from 15 into 16 like we could last year?

Yes of course

Will there be content missing on the PS3 version compared to PS4?

The PS4 versions has some features and upgrades the PS3 doesn't we'll reveal them all in due time.

Will stubs transfer from mlb 15 to mlb 16

No they will not

Can you guys add a "Beat up umpire" button in The Show 16'???

No that's never going to happen

Will the throwback players be added to the PS3 version?

Yes

Are the top 100 prospect going to be in the default roster?

No the minor league players do not have a Players Union there for their likeness cannot be included in the game in any form

Will we be able to make customizable fields?

no

Any word on Ken Griffey and or Mike Piazza being in MLB 16 the show?

Not at this time

Will online franchises transfer to new game from '15???

No online franchises don't transfer year-to-year

Will 16 bring back Rivalry Mode? That was the best way to play offline games against friends.

No

Is Joe Buck an announcer on MLB 16 the show? That would be great!

No he isn't

What are the chances of adding a third uniform slot in DD for 2016?

Very slim this year

DOES THE DD ROSTER TRANSFER FROM LAST YEAR?

No you start over every year

What is the cut off date for your final rosters that will ship on disc?

February, but there is always a launch day roster update

When will we learn more about new game modes? I want to pre-order but am reluctant to spend $99 with so few details.

In a few weeks

Could we possibly see a create a stadium in mlb 16?

No

Will there by any chance be an expansion mode like in all star baseball?

Not this year

Will you add new brands in MLB 16??? Like New Era or Adidas??

There will be new brands added to MLB The Show 16 but we aren't revealing them just yet.

Can we finally have the option to turn injuries off for franchise mode? Amazes me how a simple feature isn't in there.

Sorry brain fart you can do this in MLB The Show 15 GAMEPLAY OPTIONS.....INJURIES....ON/OFF/MANUAL

Are you guys going to put an argue button to the Umpire and more on field brands?

No and yes

Will 16 have online co-op like 13 did?

No it will not

Uniform slots?

Available uniform slots are the same as last year.

Will the open and closed dome feature be on ps3?Also, will you be adding more team jerseys such as the blue jays canada day one?

PS4 Only for closed roofs

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 adh5199 @ 01/14/16 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Calling it an interview is a huge stretch I'm just randomly answering random questions nothing more nothing less.
Could you randomly answer a few questions here for us? [emoji6]

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

# 62 adh5199 @ 01/14/16 09:04 AM
Edited for double post

# 63 JayD @ 01/14/16 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedw
I would actually love it if we could plaster the outfield walls with sponsors, or even the large scoreboards. It would just be aesthetically pleasing seeing the sponsors making a larger impact on the presentation side of things.
I completely agree with you on this one. I am tired of seeing 15 MLB The Show ads all over the stadium. Especially the eye sore of 3 right next to each other behind home plate at Turner.

# 64 Still2REal @ 01/14/16 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I love your roster and what I would highly suggest is you update the transactions from the winter meetings and up through spring training and upload a 2016 version of it.

Then you can simply start a new franchise on 15 and save that as a master file and then carry over that master file to 16 and start a new franchise. That is at least a viable solution till/if we get roster transfer.

Plus I know you can export all the players and then import them to a new roster so a lot of work can be avoided. Many roster makers did that with classic rosters and simply "ported" them from 14 onto 15 using this method. Still work, but the creation process was drastically cut down.

Anyway I know I am going to use the most updated hybrid roster I can find and go forward with that on 16 (plus transfer all my classic roster files) instead of waiting 4 months.
It's posts like these that make me love Operation Sports. Although I decided to buy The Show every year on release day and let it sit on the shelf until the OSFM rosters come out, this simple trick might energize me to play the game while I wait or buy it every year.

AS for this question and answer session. I know it's early but I think it sets a tone of expecting more of the same as last year. Lots of refinement but limited new features. I started buying sport's games on every other year for this reason. MLB even years, NBA2k odd years, so every year I get a new game and I'm never disappointed.

# 65 WaitTilNextYear @ 01/14/16 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Looks like you'll have to WaitTilNextYear. [emoji2]

Sent from my htcONE (M8) | Tapatalk
Will you be here all week?

Ramone's reply to this question makes me feel like it'll be more like Cub fan waiting til next year than actually waiting til next year, if you get my drift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I love your roster and what I would highly suggest is you update the transactions from the winter meetings and up through spring training and upload a 2016 version of it.

Then you can simply start a new franchise on 15 and save that as a master file and then carry over that master file to 16 and start a new franchise. That is at least a viable solution till/if we get roster transfer.

Plus I know you can export all the players and then import them to a new roster so a lot of work can be avoided. Many roster makers did that with classic rosters and simply "ported" them from 14 onto 15 using this method. Still work, but the creation process was drastically cut down.

Anyway I know I am going to use the most updated hybrid roster I can find and go forward with that on 16 (plus transfer all my classic roster files) instead of waiting 4 months.
Appreciate the advice, but anyone who works on a quality roster knows that part of what keeps you churning is the pursuit of a [relatively] perfect roster. No way I can just update transactions and call it good. There's the re-rating (which, to be fair, would need to be done even if there were roster carryover). There's the improving and research and quality control. There's the creating and shuffling in interesting new prospects. There's updating contracts. There's....always more to it...you get the idea and roster carryover, even though it wouldn't make rosters automatic, would be a nice way to allow roster people to build on their work rather than to repeat it.

Sure there is a workaround method with the CPU roster control and exporting-importing a player at a time, but there are drawbacks to that method (after accounting for the tedium of actually doing the importing/exporting) such as certain faces/players not transferring over properly so you have to double check everything anyway.

I am just trying to think of why they can't figure out how to do roster carryover if they can do franchise carryover...seeing that a roster is inside of a franchise file?? One thing I thought of is service time, but the 'easy' solution is to make that editable just like contracts became editable. Is it an MLBPA issue and them not wanting "old" versions of their players floating around in new games? I have to believe there is a bureaucratic/legal reason and not a technological one. All I know is that I wish they would implement roster carryover to help out roster people.

# 66 eye guy @ 01/14/16 01:09 PM
Wow, with so many "no" answers, I find it difficult to see any point in buying this years game... Can you imagine if a Q&A for a 2K basketball game looked like that???

# 67 JayD @ 01/14/16 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye guy
Wow, with so many "no" answers, I find it difficult to see any point in buying this years game... Can you imagine if a Q&A for a 2K basketball game looked like that???
I mean look at the type of questions though. If the "no's" to those particular questions cause you to not want to buy the game, maybe you should wait until more important information is released.

# 68 HypoLuxa13 @ 01/14/16 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye guy
An informal Q&A on Twitter where Ramone is primarily only addressing questions that have been asked repeatedly long before the MLB 16 reveal. It makes sense that he would only use it to answer some of the basic questions that have been asked before. They've already said they are going to start the real "new content" reveals in late January. He certainly isn't going to answer questions about new stuff that isn't even public yet.

# 69 Armor and Sword @ 01/14/16 01:29 PM
For me the gameplay each and every year get's better and better. That is what always keeps me coming back.

I expect the same type of upgrade on the field again for 16 and I am sure the Franchise mode and presentation upgrades will be sweet.

I am stoked for the fact sheet and the twitch sessions again!!!

# 70 videobastard @ 01/14/16 01:46 PM
The commentary question was specific. I wanted to know if any new commentators were added for 16 to replace the old team. I was hoping for gary thorne to be the new play by play guy.

# 71 sportsgamer5761 @ 01/14/16 02:07 PM
Obviously, a bit early, but this is disappointing. Looks like I will play last year's game with an updated roster, as it looks like that's what this year's version is for the most part, anyway...

# 72 Scott @ 01/14/16 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamer5761
Obviously, a bit early, but this is disappointing. Looks like I will play last year's game with an updated roster, as it looks like that's what this year's version is for the most part, anyway...
Dude come on...It's gonna be more than an updated roster....

# 73 Russell_SCEA @ 01/14/16 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
One thing I dislike about Twitter "interviews" is the developers can choose which questions to answer. I'm sure someone asked about advanced stat tracking. They either don't want to give away that it's in or don't want to lose sales and say it's not. Again, they're doing what's best for sales, sort of like denying any AI late-game boosts occur.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhttttttttttttttt

# 74 dalger21 @ 01/14/16 02:15 PM
Quote:
sort of like denying any AI late-game boosts occur.
*clears throat*

# 75 Sip_16 @ 01/14/16 02:18 PM
Quote:
Clearly this response is to garner more sales, and it worked! I just pre-ordered! (sarcasm obviously)

# 76 tnixen @ 01/14/16 03:06 PM
Quote:

Russell can you tell us if the Balls and Strikes and so on will light up on green monster at Fenway park finally on the PS4 version? Also will the batter number on the green monster be much brighter? Because you can hardly see it in MLB 15 The Show. Especially at night all those lights on the green monster should be nice and bright. Also when a run is scored in the current inning it displays as yellow as seen in the screenshot.

Thanks

# 77 WaitTilNextYear @ 01/14/16 03:15 PM
Quote:
One thing I dislike about Twitter "interviews" is the developers can choose which questions to answer. I'm sure someone asked about advanced stat tracking. They either don't want to give away that it's in or don't want to lose sales and say it's not. Again, they're doing what's best for sales, sort of like denying any AI late-game boosts occur.
Without addressing the late-game boost thing, because there's already a thread for that in which I am not participating--as to the stat-tracking, someone actually did ask Ramone this on Twitter and he actually did reply to the effect that you'll have to wait and see.

It makes me believe that they have made changes to stat-tracking but can't let the cat out of the bag until a scheduled dev twitch stream. The reason I believe that this is the case is because: (1) they already know it's weird to have minimal access to old stats in a baseball game; and (2) say whatever you want about the game, but Ramone never has any problems just being direct and saying "nope" if something's not gonna be in. The "we'll reveal more details in due time" response is a positive development for stats, imo. I am looking forward to see what all has been changed here.

# 78 bxphenom7 @ 01/14/16 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
You won't buy a baseball game because of the inability to have tattoos on a player? Wow.

Getting WAR implemented might be tough because it encompasses defense in the formula. Would be cool if they did implement it tho.
No, that's not what I mean. It's just odd simple things like this don't make it so it gives me no hope for the bigger things. I mean even generic tattoos would satisfy me. The actual deal breaker that would make me stay with '15 is if RTTS didn't change much. Of course, we'll have to wait for that info. The equipment stuff was nice and all in '15, but in RTTS I'd rather see us being able to have an agent, more manager interactions, ability to specify teams I'd want to be traded to, among other things. MLB '15 is great, but I expect big changes in the series' third year on PS4. The gameplay is fine enough for me to stay with '15 for at least a few more months. It's just everything around the gameplay is becoming stale and giving me franchise fatigue. Really, I didn't care for the questions asked, but the No's aren't reassuring. Just being honest.

# 79 statum71 @ 01/14/16 05:25 PM
No, no, no, no at this time, not this year, no he's not, no not ever, no.
Man. 😞

# 80 Pompeo89 @ 01/14/16 06:21 PM
I remember being able to create stadiums and expansion teams on PS3. I believe it was the MVP franchise? I don't understand how it can't be included in these next gen games? Its like the entire gaming industry took a giant step backwards as far as features go. Yeah the graphics are better but so what. Theres no meat to these games anymore. I buy this game every year but its only for the new rosters. I feel like I'm buying he same game every year. Really disappointing.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.