Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

The official MLB The Show 16 Twitter account has been answering quite a few questions about their upcoming game recently, we've listed some of them below. We should be hearing much more about the game, including developer Twitch streams in the weeks to come.

If you can say Will you be bringing back ability to change ticket prices and concession food prices?

No those won't be coming back for 16 but there are great new features and changes coming to franchise mode. Stay tuned!

Can you still play your RTTS character from 15 to 16 like people did from 14 to 15?

Yes

Player tattoos coming this year?

No

Will we be able to carryover out franchises from 15 into 16 like we could last year?

Yes of course

Will there be content missing on the PS3 version compared to PS4?

The PS4 versions has some features and upgrades the PS3 doesn't we'll reveal them all in due time.

Will stubs transfer from mlb 15 to mlb 16

No they will not

Can you guys add a "Beat up umpire" button in The Show 16'???

No that's never going to happen

Will the throwback players be added to the PS3 version?

Yes

Are the top 100 prospect going to be in the default roster?

No the minor league players do not have a Players Union there for their likeness cannot be included in the game in any form

Will we be able to make customizable fields?

no

Any word on Ken Griffey and or Mike Piazza being in MLB 16 the show?

Not at this time

Will online franchises transfer to new game from '15???

No online franchises don't transfer year-to-year

Will 16 bring back Rivalry Mode? That was the best way to play offline games against friends.

No

Is Joe Buck an announcer on MLB 16 the show? That would be great!

No he isn't

What are the chances of adding a third uniform slot in DD for 2016?

Very slim this year

DOES THE DD ROSTER TRANSFER FROM LAST YEAR?

No you start over every year

What is the cut off date for your final rosters that will ship on disc?

February, but there is always a launch day roster update

When will we learn more about new game modes? I want to pre-order but am reluctant to spend $99 with so few details.

In a few weeks

Could we possibly see a create a stadium in mlb 16?

No

Will there by any chance be an expansion mode like in all star baseball?

Not this year

Will you add new brands in MLB 16??? Like New Era or Adidas??

There will be new brands added to MLB The Show 16 but we aren't revealing them just yet.

Can we finally have the option to turn injuries off for franchise mode? Amazes me how a simple feature isn't in there.

Sorry brain fart you can do this in MLB The Show 15 GAMEPLAY OPTIONS.....INJURIES....ON/OFF/MANUAL

Are you guys going to put an argue button to the Umpire and more on field brands?

No and yes

Will 16 have online co-op like 13 did?

No it will not

Uniform slots?

Available uniform slots are the same as last year.

Will the open and closed dome feature be on ps3?Also, will you be adding more team jerseys such as the blue jays canada day one?

PS4 Only for closed roofs

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 seanjeezy @ 01/14/16 06:26 PM
Quote:
Is Joe Buck an announcer on MLB 16 the show? That would be great!
boothisman.gif

Regarding year-to-year roster importing, I'd say all of the importing/exporting takes as much (if not more) time as the actual creating process nowadays, it's such a hassle. Still better than trying to copy over faces 1:1 via video though so I'm not complaining...

# 82 einjzmolf @ 01/14/16 06:44 PM
I really enjoyed collecting all of the equipment in 15. Not holding my breath but it'd be nice to know if that can be transferred.

Judging by the rosters being a no and them being purchasable via stubs (gotta generate new money with the new game) I'm certainly not expecting a yes. Would be nice though!

# 83 JustDoitt @ 01/14/16 06:45 PM
I want to see more stat tracking for minor league players for years in minors. Also, track previous award winners for major and minor leagues. Finally, give us an single A ball club.

# 84 forme95 @ 01/14/16 06:47 PM
I hope they apply a more realistic middle reliever management. Its amazing how many games I play, and go on and look at real mlb stats and see these same pitchers only going 1 inning, rarely 2 and watching in the game they go 2,3, even sometimes (but rarely) 4 innings.

# 85 zello144 @ 01/14/16 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompeo89
I remember being able to create stadiums and expansion teams on PS3. I believe it was the MVP franchise? I don't understand how it can't be included in these next gen games? Its like the entire gaming industry took a giant step backwards as far as features go. Yeah the graphics are better but so what. Theres no meat to these games anymore. I buy this game every year but its only for the new rosters. I feel like I'm buying he same game every year. Really disappointing.
They've said before that they would like to give us create a stadium in the game but I think it's actually the MLB that tells them no.

# 86 Knight165 @ 01/14/16 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
They've said before that they would like to give us create a stadium in the game but I think it's actually the MLB that tells them no.
I don't think the MLB has a problem with this.
I think it's just way, way too complex....the stadiums are done piece by piece with each part having the lighting...sun/shadows...etc done on each piece.
I just don't think there is anything in place that allows for even sections to put together in a program that can be used in game.

It was an unrealistic want IMO.

M.K.
Knight165

# 87 yankeesgiants @ 01/14/16 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by einjzmolf
I really enjoyed collecting all of the equipment in 15. Not holding my breath but it'd be nice to know if that can be transferred.

Judging by the rosters being a no and them being purchasable via stubs (gotta generate new money with the new game) I'm certainly not expecting a yes. Would be nice though!

I just asked on twitter. The response was the RTTS equipment does not transfer over with your player from 15 to 16. Gotta earn it all over again.

# 88 Cowboy008 @ 01/14/16 08:56 PM
Can't wait for the fact sheet and those Dev twitch streams.

# 89 Russell_SCEA @ 01/14/16 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I don't think the MLB has a problem with this.
I think it's just way, way too complex....the stadiums are done piece by piece with each part having the lighting...sun/shadows...etc done on each piece.
I just don't think there is anything in place that allows for even sections to put together in a program that can be used in game.

It was an unrealistic want IMO.

M.K.
Knight165
Just going to get this out the way because I know people are going to keep asking about it.

Create a stadium is a Galactus type task and we've discussed it's feasibility during the last two pre-production cycles. If we ever did it your talking about at least a two year project. Which would mean some of our artists, programmers, and designers would work for a whole year on something you wouldn't see for two years. Then some would complain and say we didn't do enough in the year you didn't get the feature. It would also mean during the year there wouldn't be any or as many new minor league/classic stadiums released.

We have a pretty good idea of the type of create-a-stadium feature the masses would enjoy. And we rarely put features out that we don't feel are up to our internal standards. We also must weight that enormous task with how many people would actually use it.

Also the "it was in MVP argument" is like comparing apples to an iphone 6. The asset size differences from a PS2 game to a PS4 game alone are enormous. Not to mention a smorgasbord of other technical hurdles.

Hope this helps everyone understand a bit more.

# 90 Motown @ 01/14/16 09:34 PM
Do you guys need any help in the CAPS department?

# 91 Millennium @ 01/14/16 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
One thing I dislike about Twitter "interviews" is the developers can choose which questions to answer. I'm sure someone asked about advanced stat tracking. They either don't want to give away that it's in or don't want to lose sales and say it's not. Again, they're doing what's best for sales, sort of like denying any AI late-game boosts occur.
Normally this is a PM, but your post history warrants this:

We are not going to do this again this year. The developers have said it's not fairly plainly. You have been warned multiple times. This will be the last time you are warned, and the next time you will be banned permanently (as in there will be no more appeals like last time).

# 92 Knight165 @ 01/14/16 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Just going to get this out the way because I know people are going to keep asking about it.

Create a stadium is a Galactus type task and we've discussed it's feasibility during the last two pre-production cycles. If we ever did it your talking about at least a two year project. Which would mean some of our artists, programmers, and designers would work for a whole year on something you wouldn't see for two years. Then some would complain and say we didn't do enough in the year you didn't get it. It would also mean during the year there wouldn't be any or as many new minor league/classic stadiums released.

We have a pretty good idea of the type of create-a-stadium feature the masses would enjoy. And we rarely put features out that we don't feel are up to our internal standards. We also must weight that enormous task with how many people would actually use it.

Also the "it was in MVP argument" is like comparing apples to an iphone 6. The asset size differences from a PS2 game to a PS4 game alone are enormous. Not to mention a smorgasbord of other technical hurdles.

Yeah...but it was in Earl Weaver I Baseball!....and you can do it in OOTP.
Ridiculous.

M.K.
Knight165

# 93 Blzer @ 01/14/16 09:57 PM
Quote:

Create a stadium is a Galactus type task and we've discussed it's feasibility during the last two pre-production cycles. If we ever did it your talking about at least a two year project. Which would mean some of our artists, programmers, and designers would work for a whole year on something you wouldn't see for two years. Then some would complain and say we didn't do enough in the year you didn't get it. It would also mean during the year there wouldn't be any or as many new minor league/classic stadiums released.

# 94 adh5199 @ 01/14/16 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Feature confirmed for mlb 17 [emoji6]

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

# 95 jethrotull @ 01/14/16 10:27 PM
Russell said , "It would also mean during the year there wouldn't be any or as many new minor league/classic stadiums released. " Does this mean there will be more classic stadiums released throughout the year? Does it just refer to the previous old classic stadiums being in the game?

# 96 tessl @ 01/14/16 10:40 PM
Quote:

It would be a good feature but the work required makes it unlikely. What I'd like to see is simply a feature to create my own team with created logo and name as in diamond dynasty and replace an existing team with my created team in franchise mode. I'd pick a classic or current stadium. It doesn't seem like much of a programming chore since the function already exists within the game in diamond dynasty.

If MLB has a problem with it, limit it to offline franchise.

# 97 Blzer @ 01/14/16 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrotull
Russell said , "It would also mean during the year there wouldn't be any or as many new minor league/classic stadiums released. " Does this mean there will be more classic stadiums released throughout the year? Does it just refer to the previous old classic stadiums being in the game?
I wouldn't infer that at all. I think it just means that the resources allocated to stadium design in that given year/two-year span year would disbar any chance of providing any new stadiums. You could consider those resources to be men, memory, research, cost... you name it.

I don't think he was hinting toward anything like, "Well, we hypothesized beginning this project this year for the release of MLB '18, but that would cut out our ability to release those other classic/MiLB stadiums as DLC this year for you guys that we kept under wraps." That's definitely a long stretch, to say the least.

# 98 Vechi8 @ 01/14/16 11:22 PM
Quote:

Thx for the response Russell. Given the fact that The Show has an incredible base game and that year to year features are limited.. Has your team thought about maybe skipping a year and having improvement patches along the way?
I personally play the game from drop until the new release and with the roster updates, the game never feels stale. Skipping a year would give your team a lot of time to really make eye opening changes versus the previous game.

# 99 Russell_SCEA @ 01/14/16 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vechi8
Thx for the response Russell. Given the fact that The Show has an incredible base game and that year to year features are limited.. Has your team thought about maybe skipping a year and having improvement patches along the way?
I personally play the game from drop until the new release and with the roster updates, the game never feels stale. Skipping a year would give your team a lot of time to really make eye opening changes versus the previous game.
Never going to happen.

# 100 ShowTyme15 @ 01/14/16 11:48 PM
Quote:

Create a stadium is a Galactus type task and we've discussed it's feasibility during the last two pre-production cycles. If we ever did it your talking about at least a two year project. Which would mean some of our artists, programmers, and designers would work for a whole year on something you wouldn't see for two years. Then some would complain and say we didn't do enough in the year you didn't get the feature. It would also mean during the year there wouldn't be any or as many new minor league/classic stadiums released.

What about the possibility of having pre-built stadiums rather than a stadium creater? Think ASB. They had like 10 pre built stadiums (for expansion mode), plus future stadiums in franchise mode. Madden also has this when relocating. Have you guys considered that?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.