Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

The official MLB The Show 16 Twitter account has been answering quite a few questions about their upcoming game recently, we've listed some of them below. We should be hearing much more about the game, including developer Twitch streams in the weeks to come.

If you can say Will you be bringing back ability to change ticket prices and concession food prices?

No those won't be coming back for 16 but there are great new features and changes coming to franchise mode. Stay tuned!

Can you still play your RTTS character from 15 to 16 like people did from 14 to 15?

Yes

Player tattoos coming this year?

No

Will we be able to carryover out franchises from 15 into 16 like we could last year?

Yes of course

Will there be content missing on the PS3 version compared to PS4?

The PS4 versions has some features and upgrades the PS3 doesn't we'll reveal them all in due time.

Will stubs transfer from mlb 15 to mlb 16

No they will not

Can you guys add a "Beat up umpire" button in The Show 16'???

No that's never going to happen

Will the throwback players be added to the PS3 version?

Yes

Are the top 100 prospect going to be in the default roster?

No the minor league players do not have a Players Union there for their likeness cannot be included in the game in any form

Will we be able to make customizable fields?

no

Any word on Ken Griffey and or Mike Piazza being in MLB 16 the show?

Not at this time

Will online franchises transfer to new game from '15???

No online franchises don't transfer year-to-year

Will 16 bring back Rivalry Mode? That was the best way to play offline games against friends.

No

Is Joe Buck an announcer on MLB 16 the show? That would be great!

No he isn't

What are the chances of adding a third uniform slot in DD for 2016?

Very slim this year

DOES THE DD ROSTER TRANSFER FROM LAST YEAR?

No you start over every year

What is the cut off date for your final rosters that will ship on disc?

February, but there is always a launch day roster update

When will we learn more about new game modes? I want to pre-order but am reluctant to spend $99 with so few details.

In a few weeks

Could we possibly see a create a stadium in mlb 16?

No

Will there by any chance be an expansion mode like in all star baseball?

Not this year

Will you add new brands in MLB 16??? Like New Era or Adidas??

There will be new brands added to MLB The Show 16 but we aren't revealing them just yet.

Can we finally have the option to turn injuries off for franchise mode? Amazes me how a simple feature isn't in there.

Sorry brain fart you can do this in MLB The Show 15 GAMEPLAY OPTIONS.....INJURIES....ON/OFF/MANUAL

Are you guys going to put an argue button to the Umpire and more on field brands?

No and yes

Will 16 have online co-op like 13 did?

No it will not

Uniform slots?

Available uniform slots are the same as last year.

Will the open and closed dome feature be on ps3?Also, will you be adding more team jerseys such as the blue jays canada day one?

PS4 Only for closed roofs

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 jvalverde88 @ 01/15/16 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
That's up to Sony, not this dev team.
This should posted in giant letters in a stickied thread in the MLB The Show forum.

# 142 Will I Am @ 01/15/16 09:33 PM
Any word on doubles down the line increasing this year, kind of lacking the way it stands now.

# 143 ShowTyme15 @ 01/15/16 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
This should posted in giant letters in a stickied thread in the MLB The Show forum.
They'll ignore it and keep asking the same question.

# 144 kehlis @ 01/15/16 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamer5761
Yeah. Not trying to be a jerk, but I had to read the original post about four times to decipher what he was talking about...
Is even basic English too much to ask for in 2016? Apparently so.
Please read through his post history before making a post like this. It was quite clearly a joke and went over your head.

# 145 Keirik @ 01/15/16 11:36 PM
Honestly, i would habe thought by year 3 of "next grn" we would have seen some sort of create a stadium. Fairly inexusable to me. Closed/open roofs arent pushing the envolope and stagnation isnt fun. Even if it were only something we could use in the minors for licensing reasons, it still SHOULD be something we see by year 3 of ps4 in my opinion. Its time.

# 146 Keirik @ 01/15/16 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Just going to get this out the way because I know people are going to keep asking about it.

Create a stadium is a Galactus type task and we've discussed it's feasibility during the last two pre-production cycles. If we ever did it your talking about at least a two year project. Which would mean some of our artists, programmers, and designers would work for a whole year on something you wouldn't see for two years. Then some would complain and say we didn't do enough in the year you didn't get the feature. It would also mean during the year there wouldn't be any or as many new minor league/classic stadiums released.

We have a pretty good idea of the type of create-a-stadium feature the masses would enjoy. And we rarely put features out that we don't feel are up to our internal standards. We also must weight that enormous task with how many people would actually use it.

Also the "it was in MVP argument" is like comparing apples to an iphone 6. The asset size differences from a PS2 game to a PS4 game alone are enormous. Not to mention a smorgasbord of other technical hurdles.

Hope this helps everyone understand a bit more.
First, i applaud you and your team for always being upfront and not shying away from any question asked. That goes a long way in my book and its very refreshing. However, if a feature like create a stadium is a two year project then when will it EVER be a feasable project? At some point it either has to start to get the ball rolling or just come out and say it just will not happen ever. I imagine the longer it waits, the closer it comes to the end of this gens cycle and gets scrapped because it closes in on the concept of "lets just wait til a ps5."

Everyone that loves baseball loves the individuality of each stadium, how stats get affected by dimensions, and the aspect of the game being as unique as our mind allows for it. Customization. Its at the heart of this game already. Its the natural next step then to take this individuality to the most identifiable aspect of the very game itself; the stadiums. Its basically the only sport where such customization changes how a gm builds their team, plays their game, etc, and mlds the outcomes. I think it really is time to take this next innovative step even if it is a gigantic one. Adds so much depth to road to the show, franchise, exhibition, sharing, online eventually, etc.

# 147 Factzzz @ 01/15/16 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Skeletal proportions were changed in 2011. I have mentioned this before, people asking in general for new player models is vague. Looking for cloth simulation and additional body types for example is something tangible one can grasp on to.
Body types is my biggest gripe with the player models, there needs to be a lot more individuality for the players in terms of the way their bodies look.

Cloth simulation is another thing, the way the cloth moves (doesn't really move at all) pales in comparison to other games. As well as the fact that their should be different jersey fitting options (buttons as well) seeing that not all players wear their jerseys the same way.

Basically, all the player models look the same, no individuality. This topic has been discussed ad nauseam anyways, with minimal changes, and from what's been shown already, it's looking more or less unchanged again.

# 148 Belkbuzze @ 01/15/16 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
While I totally agree with your comment and understand there's unfortunately a very wide gap between both companies, I can't get this out of my head :

SONY PlayStation

SONY San Diego

It's not like if we were asking for Samsung and Apple to collaborate.. Or google and Yahoo.. It's SONY all across the board. SDS has no control over PS4 OS, I get it, but still...

# 149 24 @ 01/16/16 01:40 AM
So yesterday I asked if we would be able to edit a real players age. the response I got was "we cannot allow you to change a real players likeness." I then asked if it was an issue involving either the MLBPA or the Licensing Agreement and they responded with "See above answer"

It's odd though. I know you can do it in NBA 2k16. Was hoping hey would allow it in The Show.

# 150 authentic @ 01/16/16 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Body types is my biggest gripe with the player models, there needs to be a lot more individuality for the players in terms of the way their bodies look.

Cloth simulation is another thing, the way the cloth moves (doesn't really move at all) pales in comparison to other games. As well as the fact that their should be different jersey fitting options (buttons as well) seeing that not all players wear their jerseys the same way.

Basically, all the player models look the same, no individuality. This topic has been discussed ad nauseam anyways, with minimal changes, and from what's been shown already, it's looking more or less unchanged again.
As far as player models go, I feel like there's no excuse for not being able to adjust different area's of the body. Even Madden allows this. The one challenge this game is facing is that the gameplay hasn't taken any major steps forward in recent years. Sure, they've added cool modes like Diamond Dynasty and improved online play, but gameplay from 14 to 15 was pretty similar. There's still canned animations in the fielding system that have been in the game since the PS3 era. In order for me to continue buying this game, there are going to have to either fix ball physics and fielding, as well as improve the hitting system to a more realistic approach, like PYS for example. The pitching motions and ball path is still off compared to past games like MLB 2k in my opinion as well. I'm not complaining as much as it seems, I'm buying MLB 16 with no real worries, but in order for me to buy '17 I am going to have to see some direction this year or else I might just call it quits at '16 with baseball, which is too bad.

# 151 vidgames @ 01/16/16 04:16 AM
The batting and especially the pitching interfaces are boring. Take what PYS and 2K had and put that in the game. Unfortunately, it seems SCEA is going with the money making modes like all the other companies. Also, I am afraid we are stuck with the payer models that we have for the duration of the ps4. I don't believe they have the art team capable of making "next gen" player models its that simple.

# 152 nemesis04 @ 01/16/16 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidgames
The batting and especially the pitching interfaces are boring. Take what PYS and 2K had and put that in the game. Unfortunately, it seems SCEA is going with the money making modes like all the other companies. Also, I am afraid we are stuck with the payer models that we have for the duration of the ps4. I don't believe they have the art team capable of making "next gen" player models its that simple.
Very naive statement. Just because something has not happened as quick as you feel it should does not equate to lack of talent. The current player models may not have all the eye candy some other games may have but they are clearly indentifiable and far from atrocious. The way some carry on makes it sound like they are using stick figures as player models in this game.

# 153 thaSLAB @ 01/16/16 11:40 AM
That, and a select few are going to respond negatively to anything. Disgruntledness seems to be their theme. I mean, those other games are available still, why not play and enjoy them. It's not like it's SDS's fault that they are no longer around.

Sent from my htcONE (M8) | Tapatalk

# 154 rbiaci @ 01/16/16 12:17 PM
We need to argue with the umpires !

# 155 Scott @ 01/16/16 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbiaci
We need to argue with the umpires !

# 156 Knight165 @ 01/16/16 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbiaci
I want to argue with the umpires
I'm thinking you're going to have a little extra time to do this .....

M.K.
Knight165

# 157 nemesis04 @ 01/16/16 12:22 PM
Alright enough dude.

# 158 bronxbombers21325 @ 01/16/16 12:39 PM
This used to be a great forum to come to and discuss my favorite game. Lately it seems like walking into a kindergarten class that didn't get their candy.

# 159 vidgames @ 01/16/16 01:15 PM
Look at other games and their players models have change drastically from ps3 to ps4. Why has this not happened with the show?

# 160 WarningTrackPower @ 01/16/16 01:35 PM
I thought most people were going to freak out when we found out that closed roofs were in for this year. It seems that they (some, not referring to everyone) just moved onto something new to complain about.

Maybe I'm just a baseball nerd but I'm more interested in the under the hood tweaks this game got. Better ball physics with ground balls down the line reaching the corner? Better bullpen AI? That's what I want to know about... how this game plays between the lines.

...To each their own, I guess.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.