Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

The EA Sports UFC 2 closed beta is scheduled to release on Thursday, January 28 and ending on February 4 for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The closed beta is only available to gamers that own the Xbox One or PlayStation 4 version of EA Sports UFC and live in North America.

This is a closed beta and is only eligible to fans who own Xbox One or PlayStation 4 and are EA SPORTS UFC owners in North America. For those of you that meet those requirements, make sure you register here. Quite a few people are having problems registering at the moment, most getting the "Sorry, you are not eligible to participate in the beta at this time" message. We have contacted EA about the issue and will update this post when we hear anything back. Once it is up and running without any issues, you will have until January 21 at 10:00 AM PT to register, for a chance to receive a code.
  • The download will be roughly 11 GB
  • The exact time will vary based on platform and region
  • You will not be able to pre-load the beta
Game Modes in Closed Beta

Quick Fight
  • Featuring the deepest roster of any fighting simulation, select fighters from the Welterweight division and step into the Octagon for a 3 or 5 round bout.
UFC Ultimate Team
  • Create your team of up to five fighters using UFC 2’s deep customization options. Compete in online or offline competitions to progress your fighters and earn Coins that open packs which deliver special items used to sculpt your team into the most explosive in the UFC.
Practice Mode
  • A no-consequences environment designed to let you master the basics of striking, grappling and clinch-work at your own pace before putting your skills to the test in real competition.
Skill Challenges
  • Dive into all-new mini-games to help players learn and perfect stand-up, clinch, and ground disciplines.
Other notes from the FAQ:

Can I play online against other players?

The EA SPORTS UFC 2 beta will support online play. You can throwdown against (1) online opponent in a 1 vs. 1 fight.

Will I be able to customize my fighter in the beta?

Yes. In UFC Ultimate Team you can create your own team of custom fighters. After each fight, win or lose, earn Coins to open Fight Packs that contain items that improve your fighters. These items allow you to customize your fighter by giving them unique moves, attributes, perks and more.

Will my UFC Ultimate Team stats carry over to the main game?

No, any stats or progression during the beta will not carry over to the full game when EA SPORTS UFC 2 launches in March 2016. However the skills you learn through this beta will!

Will I have to re-create my Ultimate Team when EA SPORTS UFC 2 launches on March 15?

Yes, teams created in the beta will not carry over to the full game.

Source - EA Sports UFC 2

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 polyduster @ 01/15/16 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The marketing team screwed this up imo.

The opt in for the 9th was to get news on when the beta would drop.

The registration now is to opt-in/register to the actual beta.
Thanks for the clarification. Hopefully, the sign up for the beta starts working soon.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

# 62 HartmanTeets6 @ 01/15/16 11:15 AM
Got my e-mail confirming I'm in. THIS IS THE GREATEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!! And I just had my 2nd daughter 2 weeks ago..............

# 63 Motown @ 01/15/16 11:16 AM
Hmm, I get a "Sorry, It seems you've already registered message." & have not received any emails.

# 64 Phobia @ 01/15/16 11:19 AM
Sooooo I obviously own UFC 1 but it keeps saying I'm not eligible to take part in the beta! Any ideas?

# 65 jb12780 @ 01/15/16 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Sooooo I obviously own UFC 1 but it keeps saying I'm not eligible to take part in the beta! Any ideas?
There's a few of us with the same issue.

# 66 Pappy Knuckles @ 01/15/16 11:57 AM
They're only letting in good fighters. Sorry guys lol.

Seriously, though. Hopefully you guys get in. I know the Fifa 16 beta I was in seemed kind of random as to who was selected, but we didn't have to sign up for that one.

# 67 kaletore11 @ 01/15/16 12:24 PM
I don't remember owning EA UFC, but I'm invited to the beta. Definitely looking forward to trying it out.

# 68 aholbert32 @ 01/15/16 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
Galls opponent has 21 pro fights, so how is that fight being allowed

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

Did you play UFC1?

# 69 bcruise @ 01/15/16 12:55 PM
Still no luck today.

# 70 aholbert32 @ 01/15/16 01:46 PM
Ok this appears to be the issue. Its not confirmed but from what im seeing this appears to be the case.

When you opted in, you had to use the same email that your origin account is linked to. If you did, you likely recieved a opt-in confirmation.

When you register, you had to use the same Origin account (the one you used when you first played UFC 1 on your console) to log in.

If you opted in with another email, you may not be able to register.

EA's marketing did a horrible job of explaining that during the opt-in period.

# 71 bcruise @ 01/15/16 01:54 PM
Quote:
Ok this appears to be the issue. Its not confirmed but from what im seeing this appears to be the case.

When you opted in, you had to use the same email that your origin account is linked to. If you did, you likely recieved a opt-in confirmation.

When you register, you had to use the same Origin account (the one you used when you first played UFC 1 on your console) to log in.

Appreciate you still trying to help, but this isn't any good for me. As I said before, I've only ever used one single e-mail for anything associated with EA or Origin - my yahoo one. It's not a case of multiple emails for me.

I definitely opted in, and I definitely owned UFC - I have no idea why I'm not selected.

# 72 GameplayDevUFC @ 01/15/16 01:55 PM
Quote:

This is what happened to me when I registered.

The be even more clear, when he says Origin account, it has to be the same Origin account you used to play UFC 1.

Not just an Origin account that's yours.

So find that Origin account email, opt in with that account.

Register for the beta with that account.

In theory that should work.

I don't know if it's too late to opt in now or not.

But that account has to be in the list of accounts that:

1. Played UFC 1
2. Opted in

In order to successfully register for the beta.

No proof yet that there are any other issues than that, still investigating.

(I have nothing to do with this process so please don't yell at me)

# 73 jb12780 @ 01/15/16 02:02 PM
So if I only opted in yesterday and became a "UFC Insider" I'm SOL?

The email for my origin account and opt in account are the same.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

# 74 bcruise @ 01/15/16 02:05 PM
In addition, I can PM somebody a screenshot of my PS4 (off-screen from my camera, because the PS4 won't allow an in-game screen capture there) with the exact same Origin username/email info that I used to opt-in on the PC. Don't want to post that publicly though.

If that helps, let me know.

# 75 godylla @ 01/15/16 02:07 PM
This seems like quite the cluster. What are the pros/cons of releasing a closed beta 6 weeks ahead of release, compared to a demo that is free to download 2 weeks ahead of release?

# 76 bcruise @ 01/15/16 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by godylla
This seems like quite the cluster. What are the pros/cons of releasing a closed beta 6 weeks ahead of release, compared to a demo that is free to download 2 weeks ahead of release?
Because a beta is as much for the developers as it is for the players, if not more. You're in a beta primarily to help test a product, not to decide if you want to buy it.

You're likely to experience bugs in a beta, and the purpose of it is to iron out those bugs before release. It's also done to help stress test the servers for online play.

# 77 aholbert32 @ 01/15/16 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Appreciate you still trying to help, but this isn't any good for me. As I said before, I've only ever used one single e-mail for anything associated with EA or Origin - my yahoo one. It's not a case of multiple emails for me.

I definitely opted in, and I definitely owned UFC - I have no idea why I'm not selected.
Did you get an email confirming you opted in?

# 78 jb12780 @ 01/15/16 02:23 PM
I got this yesterday:

# 79 aholbert32 @ 01/15/16 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
I got this yesterday:

Were you able to register?

# 80 jb12780 @ 01/15/16 02:25 PM
Quote:
Were you able to register?
Negative I got the ineligible stuff. The email address from where that email is from and my origin account where I played UFC from are the same.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.