Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

The EA Sports UFC 2 closed beta is scheduled to release on Thursday, January 28 and ending on February 4 for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The closed beta is only available to gamers that own the Xbox One or PlayStation 4 version of EA Sports UFC and live in North America.

This is a closed beta and is only eligible to fans who own Xbox One or PlayStation 4 and are EA SPORTS UFC owners in North America. For those of you that meet those requirements, make sure you register here. Quite a few people are having problems registering at the moment, most getting the "Sorry, you are not eligible to participate in the beta at this time" message. We have contacted EA about the issue and will update this post when we hear anything back. Once it is up and running without any issues, you will have until January 21 at 10:00 AM PT to register, for a chance to receive a code.
  • The download will be roughly 11 GB
  • The exact time will vary based on platform and region
  • You will not be able to pre-load the beta
Game Modes in Closed Beta

Quick Fight
  • Featuring the deepest roster of any fighting simulation, select fighters from the Welterweight division and step into the Octagon for a 3 or 5 round bout.
UFC Ultimate Team
  • Create your team of up to five fighters using UFC 2’s deep customization options. Compete in online or offline competitions to progress your fighters and earn Coins that open packs which deliver special items used to sculpt your team into the most explosive in the UFC.
Practice Mode
  • A no-consequences environment designed to let you master the basics of striking, grappling and clinch-work at your own pace before putting your skills to the test in real competition.
Skill Challenges
  • Dive into all-new mini-games to help players learn and perfect stand-up, clinch, and ground disciplines.
Other notes from the FAQ:

Can I play online against other players?

The EA SPORTS UFC 2 beta will support online play. You can throwdown against (1) online opponent in a 1 vs. 1 fight.

Will I be able to customize my fighter in the beta?

Yes. In UFC Ultimate Team you can create your own team of custom fighters. After each fight, win or lose, earn Coins to open Fight Packs that contain items that improve your fighters. These items allow you to customize your fighter by giving them unique moves, attributes, perks and more.

Will my UFC Ultimate Team stats carry over to the main game?

No, any stats or progression during the beta will not carry over to the full game when EA SPORTS UFC 2 launches in March 2016. However the skills you learn through this beta will!

Will I have to re-create my Ultimate Team when EA SPORTS UFC 2 launches on March 15?

Yes, teams created in the beta will not carry over to the full game.

Source - EA Sports UFC 2

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 davidbix @ 01/22/16 02:14 AM
Anyone know how/when to get an American call center for EA support? The quality of the outsourced support centers is...lacking.

# 162 Alibaba @ 01/22/16 03:34 AM
Couldn't register when I used chrome, but when I used the link just now with Firefox, I was able to at least register successfully (no email yet).

Maybe they fixed the issue just now, maybe it was because of a different browser...who knows.

# 163 JohnDoe8865 @ 01/22/16 12:34 PM
I tried both Chrome AND Firefox and still got the Ineligible to Participate message so, atleast on my end, it isn't the browser. It's something screwed up in EA's database of e-mails or something.

# 164 NYG_Meth @ 01/22/16 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
I tried both Chrome AND Firefox and still got the Ineligible to Participate message so, atleast on my end, it isn't the browser. It's something screwed up in EA's database of e-mails or something.
Same here

# 165 JoeMimic @ 01/22/16 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
Same here
Yup. This is where I'm at now. I really want to get in on this beta too.

# 166 NYG_Meth @ 01/23/16 06:17 PM
As far as I'm concerned, this is all an elaborate ruse to keep me from inflicting my stand-up on you all.

# 167 TarHeelPhenom @ 01/23/16 10:00 PM
Quote:
As far as I'm concerned, this is all an elaborate ruse to keep me from inflicting my stand-up on you all.

Put that gun down son, and get knocked out like your father used to!!!

# 168 JoeMimic @ 01/25/16 01:15 PM
Well today is the final day to sign up and my invite still doesn't work. I really wish they had done this a different way because a lot of people can't get in who want to be in.

# 169 Phobia @ 01/25/16 04:47 PM
Quote:
Exactly how I feel Mr. Meth

I'm pretty pissed to be honest that I won't get in this beta, the only game I buy every release and play all year long.

# 170 NYG_Meth @ 01/25/16 07:31 PM
According to the site, registration for the beta is officially closed. This was handled incredibly poorly. Very disappointing.

# 171 HartmanTeets6 @ 01/26/16 11:40 AM
Sorry if this has been answered, but I don't see it: When should we expect to receive the code for the beta? I got the original e-mail, registered successfully, but just wanted to make sure I shouldn't expect to have it already.

thanks!

# 172 davidbix @ 01/26/16 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HartmanTeets6
Sorry if this has been answered, but I don't see it: When should we expect to receive the code for the beta? I got the original e-mail, registered successfully, but just wanted to make sure I shouldn't expect to have it already.

thanks!
Thursday morning, it appears.

# 173 JoeMimic @ 01/26/16 03:02 PM
Quote:
According to the site, registration for the beta is officially closed. This was handled incredibly poorly. Very disappointing.
Yup, I totally agree. I was assured by their tech support when I chatted with them that I would be able to register at some point and it never worked. Tweets to both the EAUFC account and the EA Help account received no reply.

# 174 davidbix @ 01/27/16 12:33 PM
Hadn't seen this clarified yet anywhere and I apologize if it was posted and I missed it, but I confirmed with EA earlier that the entire beta expires after February 4th. No continued offline play as some people had hoped for.

# 175 JoeMimic @ 01/27/16 01:56 PM
After the registration for the beta expired I went back to the EA Help and resumed my issue. I explained my situation and that I was never able to register even though the person at EA I chatted with said I would be able to at some point. They sent me the agreement this morning and I believe I'll be getting a beta code after all so I'm super excited.

If anyone else spoke with ea and still wasn't registered I'd suggest going back and trying again especially if you live chatted because the chat logs stay with your case

# 176 Pappy Knuckles @ 01/27/16 04:32 PM
Anyone got their codes yet? Or are they sending them out tomorrow?

# 177 aholbert32 @ 01/27/16 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Anyone got their codes yet? Or are they sending them out tomorrow?
Tomorrow..

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.