Home
NHL 16 News Post

For those of you that are interested in having the commentary team of Mike 'Doc' Emrick and Eddie Olczyk call you by name in NHL 16, EA Sports is giving you a chance to make it happen.

Simply follow the steps below.
  • Enter NHL 16 and select EA SPORTS Hockey League.
  • From the EASHL main menu select "Customize Pro".
  • Take a screenshot of your EASHL Pro’s general information - including the First and Last name of your Pro.
  • Tweet the image to @EASPORTSNHL on Twitter and including your EASHL team name.
  • Submit your screenshot between January 25 and January 29, 2016.
They will choose the winnings names on Friday, January 29 and will also be contacted via Twitter.

Game: NHL 16Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
NHL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Pappy Knuckles @ 01/25/16 06:28 PM
Time to get King Pappy immortalized in NHL 16.

# 2 jmoney2436 @ 01/25/16 06:32 PM
Do you think they'd allow Hakuna Matata? If licensing purposes get in the way I'll make him Russian and go Matatav.

# 3 jake19ny @ 01/25/16 10:52 PM
I get what they are doing here but I wish EA would apply it's resources to the core of the game rather than gimmicks. Instead of this how about just really expanding the very outdated and minuscule name play by play list that's actually weak by last gen standards when compared to Madden and the Show. Not to mention the fact that even if a name is on the list it doesn't translate into the game. Like Eichel....on the list but not applied to the real Eichel....I would much prefer they address that then hear somebody's weird unusable name said in the game.

# 4 snc237 @ 01/26/16 09:35 AM
How about adding the PA announcer to say my name. That would be nice

# 5 snc237 @ 01/26/16 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
I get what they are doing here but I wish EA would apply it's resources to the core of the game rather than gimmicks. Instead of this how about just really expanding the very outdated and minuscule name play by play list that's actually weak by last gen standards when compared to Madden and the Show. Not to mention the fact that even if a name is on the list it doesn't translate into the game. Like Eichel....on the list but not applied to the real Eichel....I would much prefer they address that then hear somebody's weird unusable name said in the game.
Madden announcers do not say any names of creater players. It's alway generic like "he" or "this guy". It doesn't even matter if you recreat Manning, the announcers still won't say his name

# 6 JoeMimic @ 01/27/16 04:18 AM
I remember when the show reached out and wanted to get as many people's names in as possible... No gimmick nonsense.

# 7 Efbomb @ 01/28/16 02:14 PM
I don't need to have my name put in the game because it's already there.

Problem is that they don't actually say it, along with 50-60% of the other names in the game.

Case in point: I started a season with a fantasy draft team. Scott Darling is my backup keeper. I have never heard his name called in any game he's played in. Even at the beginning of a game. They show his stats and refer to him as "He" or "This guy" as snc237 has stated.

I vaguely remember someone at EA stating that they could regularly update the commentary by adding actual clips of Doc and Eddie's broadcast during an ongoing season instead of waiting to record it during the offseason. Or something along those lines.

# 8 Bach Patu @ 01/28/16 05:45 PM
Honestly I think they should make this a PERMANENT service whereas one can not only submitted as instructed but also upload the data file associated with that player (I can simply overwrite mine when I save with the PS 3 though the Xbox & even the PS4 might operate differently) to the EA servers as well

The first & last names can then be added to an online database that's constantly updated for us to download for offline usage as well

I say this because do you know of a hockey player (Even in the CHL) named BACH PATU ?? That's the name of my Avs RW player & they NEVER call his name (The announcers only mention him as "The Right Winger" IF they even say THAT much while the PA announcer only mentions him by his jersey number (#71) )

This would eliminate that

BTW - Had this same problem with MLBTS but I got around that by renaming him after my long lost brother in the Roanoke, VA area when his baseball counterpart was with the Orioles

JMO.....

Cheers

BP

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.