Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

Lead gameplay engineer for EA Sports UFC 2, Geoff Harrower (AKA GameplayDevUFC) has just posted a complete breakdown of the EA Sports UFC 2 dynamic grappling system. The write up includes details on the overhaul made to the takedown, clinch and ground games.

Read More - EA Sports UFC 2 Dynamic Grappling Breakdown

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 fballturkey @ 01/25/16 07:11 PM
God bless you for writing this up and not making it some video thing. I mean that sincerely.

# 2 GameplayDevUFC @ 01/25/16 07:13 PM
I considered making it a stop motion video of Chuck reading Rich a bedtime story, but it was too much work.

# 3 fballturkey @ 01/25/16 07:47 PM
That would've been acceptable too.

# 4 ERA @ 01/25/16 07:54 PM
Wow. This sounds amazing. I'm hyped.

I can't wait to test this out on Thursday!

# 5 fballturkey @ 01/25/16 08:17 PM
There's so much to digest that I won't really be able to say how I feel until I play it, but all of the changes sound good and, importantly, like they're opening the ground game up into something that looks like what we see in the octagon.

# 6 pdandy @ 01/25/16 08:49 PM
Yeah got to read through this a few times. I already thought the system was deep given the little information we had before this post. You guys really thought about everything, didn't you.

# 7 Tsuki @ 01/25/16 10:22 PM
I can tottally see everyone reading all of that and saying "screw this" but man I got more and more excited by each paragraph.

I love the ground game and having so many options makes replay value go up IMO.

# 8 Gotmadskillzson @ 01/25/16 10:46 PM
Please tell me EA is selling an official strategy guide for this game.

# 9 ManiacMatt1782 @ 01/25/16 11:09 PM
I am officially excited!

# 10 Coolade @ 01/25/16 11:23 PM
It's the most amazing thing ever made for an MMA game. So simple and yet so complex.

# 11 Pappy Knuckles @ 01/25/16 11:36 PM
I was decent on the ground in the first game, but I wouldn't consider it my strength at all. This new system sounds awesome. Props, GameplayDevUFC. I look forward to seeing how differently the ground game plays out in this one.

# 12 Factzzz @ 01/26/16 02:29 AM
Ground game was my bread and butter in UFC 1, and these improvements sound like the ground game got a lot better. I look forward to mastering the ground game again this year.

# 13 ps3veron @ 01/26/16 08:04 AM
Thank you for that explanation and did you mention PUBLIC beta?!

# 14 HartmanTeets6 @ 01/26/16 08:23 AM
This sounds so much more like actual MMA as opposed to a video game (a la the first one). I would say I was above average on the ground in the last game, but this sounds amazing. CAN'T WAIT!! (Bart Scott voice)

# 15 TheShizNo1 @ 01/26/16 01:00 PM
So. Much. Info. The ground game sounds absolutely amazing this year. Can't wait to get my lay and pray on.

# 16 Money99 @ 01/27/16 07:07 AM
What a tremendous blog post!
Thank-you GameplayDevUFC for such an indepth look at the new grappling system.
And if I can echo fballturkey's comment, count me as another OS member who is extremely grateful that you posted it in text form.
Video's are blocked at work, but more than than, I enjoy reading reviews instead of watching them. So thank-you!

# 17 DatIsraeliGuy @ 01/27/16 09:31 AM
Did he mention being able to perform submission moves from stand up? Couldn't see if he said something but maybe I missed it?

# 18 TheShizNo1 @ 01/27/16 09:36 AM
Quote:
Submissions

Every position in the clinch and on the ground has a number that defines how easy or hard a submission should be from that position.
Think that was the most we got out of possibly performing missions while standing.

# 19 fballturkey @ 01/27/16 10:34 AM
I could've sworn they confirmed subs that start from standing a while back. I think there was one in a trailer.

# 20 GameplayDevUFC @ 01/27/16 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
I could've sworn they confirmed subs that start from standing a while back. I think there was one in a trailer.
Yup, that was confirmed a while back.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.