Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

MLB The Show 16 news has finally arrived today, as the team has revealed Road to The Show and Showtime details in their latest video blog, with Ramone Russell (Development Team) and Matt Schaeffer (Game Designer).

The team dives into each of these features, showing off how Showtime slows critical Road to the Show in-game moments for total control to make big plays when you need it most. Road to the Show will be back with a new player perks system and more personal, curated journey throughout your career.

Check out the video and post your thoughts!

Below are some of the MLB The Show 16 Road to the Show and Showtime features.

Here is the tentative release schedule for upcoming blogs and Twitch streams.

Source - PlayStation.Blog

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Impetuous65 @ 01/26/16 10:44 PM
Will the Batter picther analysis make it's way back to the D-Pad? I hate pausing and going to stats for this.

# 82 dazzelle @ 01/27/16 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65
Will the Batter picther analysis make it's way back to the D-Pad? I hate pausing and going to stats for this.
Maybe they can put it on the touch-pad, i can't remember what the touch-pad was used for in 15 but i know i disabled it and so the touch-pad had no use at all.

Can't wait for the SoTS and franchise info and hopefully better stat tracking is revealed.

# 83 WhiteM5 @ 01/27/16 12:39 AM
Glad to see they added the option of playing a whole series before having to load screen back to calendar. I was hoping for this the last couple years. Should make it way easier to blast through games.

NOW, the real question, while this be an option in offline Franchise? Would love to play a series without going to load screen and have all stats save at the end of the series.

# 84 Russell_SCEA @ 01/27/16 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tree3five
Will the new equipment brands be revealed in these previews?
Yurp most likely the RTTS stream.

# 85 Russell_SCEA @ 01/27/16 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke99
I for one would like to thank Ramone and the team for releasing a schedule.
Tentative or not, its nice to when to look forward to news instead of wondering.

For those complaining about a fact sheet, just think all these dates u wont get your hopes up for what you want and have to live with the disappointments.

In other words stop complaining and just wait for your important dates.

Also the slower stream of news can help SCEA hear feedback about new additions, as opposed to an avalanche of opinions where specifics can get lost in the shuffle with a fact sheet where people specifically just talk about the modes they want resolve in.
All will be revealed in due time. There is DD Expansion, the two new modes which we haven't said anything about yet, Franchise mode new features and Improvements, Gameplay New Features and Improvements (that list is long), New Animations Player Uniqueness and Improved Personality, Graphical Improvements, Presentation Play-by-Play and Color Commentary Improvements, Sounds of the Show, ************ (sorry can't let that one out the bag yet), Legends Expansion, COTW 3.0, New equipment, and all the stuff on the best gets better list.

# 86 Godgers12 @ 01/27/16 01:38 AM
How am I possibly going to wait until March 1st? I know, I'll just freeze my self and have someone thaw me when the time comes. What could possibly go wrong?

# 87 JoeCoolMan24 @ 01/27/16 01:48 AM
20-80 scale is a nice addition.

But the "perks" thing is not The Show, at all. That's All-Star Baseball type gimmicks. I realize it's probably an option, but I don't like the idea of my friends all having different types of RTTS player results than me because they used cheats when they played. This is supposed to be the most realistic baseball game ever, so way add a gigantic arcade component?

Would have preferred if they FINALLY would have added a story/personal aspect to RTTS like EVERY OTHER sports game has where your created player feels like a real person in that world when you have an agent, answer media questions, have scenarios to deal with in between games, have a cool backstory for your guy. RTTS deeply lacks of-the-field fun.

# 88 ARMORALLL @ 01/27/16 02:13 AM
Does it look like they added some new minor league ballparks or were those seen in TS 15?

# 89 WaitTilNextYear @ 01/27/16 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz526
If 20-80 makes it into franchise mode, me =
Don't want to infer too much, but Ramone liking this original post is promising. I also like 2 sessions dedicated to franchise mode. Hopefully one of them is to show us an extremely elaborate, but intuitive and slick to navigate, world of stat tracking. Keep pounding.

# 90 Picci @ 01/27/16 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
All will be revealed in due time. There is DD Expansion, the two new modes which we haven't said anything about yet, Franchise mode new features and Improvements, Gameplay New Features and Improvements (that list is long), New Animations Player Uniqueness and Improved Personality, Graphical Improvements, Presentation Play-by-Play and Color Commentary Improvements, Sounds of the Show, ************ (sorry can't let that one out the bag yet), Legends Expansion, COTW 3.0, New equipment, and all the stuff on the best gets better list.

************ Hmmmm, I like to buy a vowel

# 91 BSUFAN @ 01/27/16 05:20 AM
Finally my dream has been realized RTTS Nirvana ,

# 92 nemesis04 @ 01/27/16 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24

But the "perks" thing is not The Show, at all. That's All-Star Baseball type gimmicks. I realize it's probably an option, but I don't like the idea of my friends all having different types of RTTS player results than me because they used cheats when they played. This is supposed to be the most realistic baseball game ever, so way add a gigantic arcade component?

Would have preferred if they FINALLY would have added a story/personal aspect to RTTS like EVERY OTHER sports game has where your created player feels like a real person in that world when you have an agent, answer media questions, have scenarios to deal with in between games, have a cool backstory for your guy. RTTS deeply lacks of-the-field fun.
To me it looks like these perks are throttled so you can't go into beast mode. I also think it may attract potential players to the mode because they can relate to a type of model that is being used in other games. It seems more intuitive than just throwing tons of stubs to get x amount of boost. SCEA is very conscious of keeping the integrity of the sport intact when introducing elements into the game.

As far as story mode, I am not sure baseball has that behind the scene backstory appeal like basketball and football have. Also, I find those storylines terribly scripted and pretty lackluster.

# 93 PsychoBulk @ 01/27/16 07:45 AM
I have no interest in RTTS so it's a long wait till March for me.

Looks the same as '15, as '14, '13 etc however i will reserve judgment until the live streams begin.

Hoping there's been plenty of work on franchise mode.

# 94 dalger21 @ 01/27/16 07:48 AM
I really, really love the ability to just keep playing instead of having to go to the menu after each game played in RttS. That is awesome.

# 95 HypoLuxa13 @ 01/27/16 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA

# 96 TattooedEvil @ 01/27/16 09:13 AM
Gotta wait til March for franchise details oh well. excited to see what has changed tho.

# 97 mlblover15 @ 01/27/16 09:23 AM
you all do realize that the best always gets saved for last right?? and i would go out on a limb and say they have a great amount of information on it and they DID put a whole lot of love and time into it this year and so they want to give it the most time of all the areas being discussed...

so those of us that are fretting over our lateness of our information part of the game... keep the faith... i have a feeling we will all be extremely pleased...

# 98 nemesis04 @ 01/27/16 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblover15
you all do realize that the best always gets saved for last right??
Actually in looking at the list it looks like they are going by most played/popular first. It goes to show you how strong RTTS and DD are for the series.

# 99 zippy2212 @ 01/27/16 10:13 AM
I have mixed feelings on waiting until March for franchise details. On one hand I'm glad because I'm still enjoying playing 15 everyday and hearing all the upgrades would dampen that a little bit. On the other hand I can't wait to hear all about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

# 100 Blzer @ 01/27/16 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24
Totes. Someday I hope for "hidden attributes" that have a mean, standard deviation, min/max, etc. that can be more randomized on every play/game, and all ratings are determined by your scout (they can have ranges as well, some more accurate than others, some more precise than others). I know game developers probably never can or will do that, but it does seem a bit intriguing.

Quote:
All Star Baseball? Try MLB SlugFest.

I almost wouldn't mind if the perks reflected something in real life, like go clubbing the night before and be stress-free the next day for two-strike counts or take a midday nap and get a stamina boost, your top prospect lets you borrow his bat, eat Wheaties in the morning blah blah blah. I don't really get where the "get all fastballs" thing comes into play realistically though.

It's an "option" though so I won't fret, but if it can't truly be disabled and the option is to "not select them," I'm not saying it would be tempting to see them in front of you, but it makes you question if the game was built by an "If you're not cheating, you're not trying" model that makes it difficult to succeed in RttS otherwise (think of a game that maybe has turbo boost or stealth gameplay, and when unused is disadvantageous... or COD perks, for that matter!).

Quote:
I agree and disagree at the same time.

I didn't get far into MyCareer in NBA 2K16, because I immediately noticed a script. Not the dialogue or the actions you choose, but the fact that it did feel like the entire career of mine was going to be scripted out. I get three high school games, and no matter what I know I will be drafted? I will hit the major leagues by day X?

I'd almost prefer an RttS where some people get called up as quickly as Kris Bryant, and some people stay down as long as Brian Dallimore. Who? Exactly. Your destiny is not predetermined. I would like if it was less goal-oriented though. As funny as it is to see the guys on here who create threads complaining that their player is hitting .600 and makes diving plays all over the place, it does make one wonder if any little stats mean anything more than getting more points accumulated to boost your player.

Good to see you on the boards, JCM. Can't wait for this release!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.