Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

For those of you lucky enough to download the EA Sports UFC 2 beta, get in a few fights and post your impressions!

FYI, for those that are asking, registration is closed for the beta.

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 jb12780 @ 01/28/16 07:13 PM
Thai clinch seems OP.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

# 42 scottborasjr @ 01/28/16 07:26 PM
Yeah i got smoked in under 3 minutes first online match. Gotta figure out the ground game. Got elbowed from mount.

# 43 Money99 @ 01/28/16 07:27 PM
So how is the striking? Someone mentioned that in the stream Brizzo posted, the crosses were slow.
Anyone feeling that way with this Beta?

# 44 Thetruth9012 @ 01/28/16 07:35 PM
Why guys after rock dont scramble to save their life ? they just looking like dead men.

# 45 jb12780 @ 01/28/16 07:46 PM
Got my 1st submission win. Choked out Matt Hughes with Gunnar Nelson via RNC.

# 46 rafaelpaolo84 @ 01/28/16 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chmielu9123
Why guys after rock dont scramble to save their life ? they just looking like dead men.
I hate most of that. There's little variety in rocked states. Also seems like there's little urgency in both the attacker and defender. I also don't like the slow, heavy, "king-kong" strikes to finish the fight, with the zooming-in camera effect. Actually lots of slow and exaggerated animations here and there - striking on back flat, defending the take down with the sprawl, etc..

On another note, playing against AI Maia under skilled ground game behavior is exhilarating!

# 47 The JareBear @ 01/28/16 08:16 PM
I have been able to launch into a "blitz" or a barrage of punches. Not sure how I did it but I had a guy rocked and just hit the two different punch buttons quickly and I'm pretty sure it's a new combo animation unless I'm seeing things. Maybe it's the same as it was before but it looked new to me

It would be nice if there was a sprint function so you could rush if you rock a guy as he's moving backward

# 48 Stormyhog @ 01/28/16 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan8812
That's too bad. I'm not great at this game or the last installment so I never really play online because I usually get destroyed. I'm definitely an offline gamer over here.

Oh well, I will just use practice mode and try to get better for when the game actually drops

Some impressions so far..... The roster is deep as hell which is awesome. The presentation and commentary are on-point from the little bit we see in the Lawler/McDonald opening segment/fight.

Overall this seems to be a massive step in the right direction although its hard to really tell without offline exhibitions. In practice mode there are no knockouts
You can go into ultimate team & play against the AI with your created fighters. It searches for players online fighters but is controlled by the AI instead of a human. Like you I'm not one to play online against others.

# 49 Pappy Knuckles @ 01/28/16 08:39 PM
Just tapped out a guy with Magny. At one point my sub bar turned green. What's that about?

# 50 rafaelpaolo84 @ 01/28/16 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Just tapped out a guy with Magny. At one point my sub bar turned green. What's that about?
That's to transition to another submission move, for fighters with that skill/move set.

# 51 jb12780 @ 01/28/16 08:47 PM
Yep. Can go from triangle to armbar, etc.

# 52 Pappy Knuckles @ 01/28/16 08:48 PM
It's going to be hard to go back to the first game when this beta ends. I haven't noticed any spam issues yet.

# 53 TheShizNo1 @ 01/28/16 08:49 PM
Man, these KO animations are ****ing legit! No one I've played has been able to keep me on the ground. I attribute that to his not mastering the ground game yet.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

# 54 The JareBear @ 01/28/16 08:51 PM
I'm sold on this being an improved game and big step in the right direction. Day 1 purchase for me.

# 55 sportsfan8812 @ 01/28/16 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
You can go into ultimate team & play against the AI with your created fighters. It searches for players online fighters but is controlled by the AI instead of a human. Like you I'm not one to play online against others.
Good to know. Thank you sir.

And I stand corrected....... You can knock out guys in practice. I did my first practice session with Magny and I hit my opponent SO many times yet he didn't drop so I think that's why it threw me off. But then I used someone like Condit who is obviously known for his striking abilities and I dropped and KO'd Benson Henderson in 3 straight practice fights. Moral of the story is that attributes and strengths REALLY matter this year which is awesome.

# 56 godylla @ 01/28/16 08:54 PM
I unfortunately wasn't able to get into the Beta, but saw on the EA forums that there was a lot of motion blur. Can any of you confirm/deny that?

# 57 Gotmadskillzson @ 01/28/16 08:55 PM
Xbox One version looks good. The take downs at 1st were like hmmm, how come it isn't happening. Ground game is crazy deep. I love all the advanced transitions. No words can describe how awesome leg kicks are now.

# 58 CloudCrew1992 @ 01/28/16 08:56 PM
WOW! this game is crazy. Seem some brutal KO's already. I'm 8-0 online in Ultimate team with my Heavyweight. Just defended the title for the 2nd time online in which i uppercutted the guy in the 5th round with :01 left for the KO! I jumped up and screamed. this game is AMAZING!

# 59 Pappy Knuckles @ 01/28/16 09:06 PM
Leg kick KO. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH

# 60 jb12780 @ 01/28/16 09:07 PM
Love the ground game. It is awesome.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.