Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

For those of you lucky enough to download the EA Sports UFC 2 beta, get in a few fights and post your impressions!

FYI, for those that are asking, registration is closed for the beta.

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 aholbert32 @ 01/29/16 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdelotell
I'm running into the same issue. Are you on PS4 or Xbox?
I think thats a beta bug.

# 102 teebee @ 01/29/16 10:58 AM
Everything seems improved although making the ground and sub game easier has made the grappling game a little bit harder in my opinion; i'm not 100% sure what i'm doing still with it.

The huge shots that used to just stun you in the first version have to be avoided now or you are on your back, you simply can't take a massive kick across the face anymore or you're going to be on your back trying to recover.

Ultimate Fighter is probably going to be the most played mode this year I'd think, create a whole team of fighters and try and power up all their attributes. I'll just say it's a good time fighting other created female fighters online

# 103 SgtDillznick @ 01/29/16 11:00 AM
Damn, really regretting not paying close attention and missing out on the beta.

I watched the Mighty Mouse stream and didn't see much head movement. How's the head movement while standing and banging? Is it just as good as fight night was?

# 104 aholbert32 @ 01/29/16 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtDillznick
Damn, really regretting not paying close attention and missing out on the beta.

I watched the Mighty Mouse stream and didn't see much head movement. How's the head movement while standing and banging? Is it just as good as fight night was?
I think FNC's is a little better but head movement is pretty good. I use it for guys like Lombard and Hendricks who have a short reach but a ton of power. It helps you get inside.

# 105 DaveDQ @ 01/29/16 11:11 AM
I really like the movement while striking. Weaving, backing out can be very rewarding. With this, I see the potential for some very tough defensive battles.

I feel as if the head physics, especially with leg kicks connecting, are a tad off. I knocked a guy out with a round house, and while it felt like they're was impact, visually it looked like it grazed his head.

# 106 TheShizNo1 @ 01/29/16 11:32 AM
How do you do the head movement back and forth?

# 107 rafaelpaolo84 @ 01/29/16 11:34 AM
The physics based knockdowns are cool and all, but sometimes it doesn't trigger "finish the fight" positions which results in really awkward sequences. I just had a fight with BJ Penn against Thompson, had him in trouble near the cage, landed a flush uppercut that knocked him down knees on the floor back slumped against the cage, and I immediately thought "holy sh_ _ this a Caol Uno moment right here!" I pressed any and all strike buttons expecting BJ to just bash Thompson's head in, but I was just striking normally hitting nothing but air! All the while Thompson was veeery slowly sliding down until he was fully laid out on the floor, and I still couldn't strike him where he was! It was as if I was still fighting a standing opponent. Eventually he went to the but scoot position and I was able to jump into his guard. And while I finished the fight less than a minute after with a guillotine, that sequence was very anti-climactic.

# 108 rafaelpaolo84 @ 01/29/16 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
- The old was was turn based and it was unrealistic and bad in my opinion. You go....then I go. This ground game is infinetly more realistic. I spent the entire day dominating people on the ground...why? Because I've played the game enough where I dont need the hud for most moves. The HUD is actually a disadvantage if you are going against someone who knows the moves because they can out speed you to the next transition.
Can you explain this some more? I'm having a blast learning everything about the ground game which I agree is tons better than 1. I'm not yet good enough that I can play without the HUD, but while learning I'm also trying to figure out what would be the pros and cons of having it on or off. I've always assumed when I first read about the HUD that there would be no cons to it. Also I have yet to play against a human so I can't quite visualize what you mean. Thanks!

# 109 DaveDQ @ 01/29/16 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
How do you do the head movement back and forth?
Hold in left trigger and use the left sick.

# 110 rafaelpaolo84 @ 01/29/16 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdandy
BJ Penn has no head kicks
BJ should have a head kick if only for the Diego Sanchez fight alone

# 111 jb12780 @ 01/29/16 11:51 AM
Matt Hughes with rubber guard threw me off a bit.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

# 112 fballturkey @ 01/29/16 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelpaolo84
Can you explain this some more? I'm having a blast learning everything about the ground game which I agree is tons better than 1. I'm not yet good enough that I can play without the HUD, but while learning I'm also trying to figure out what would be the pros and cons of having it on or off. I've always assumed when I first read about the HUD that there would be no cons to it. Also I have yet to play against a human so I can't quite visualize what you mean. Thanks!
If you're watching the HUD then you're not watching your opponent's moves so you can't block/reverse, which will put you at a huge disadvantage.

# 113 Pappy Knuckles @ 01/29/16 12:05 PM
I like the new blocking system. I already blocked this way on the first one, I just had to get used to the button change.

# 114 EL_GABE @ 01/29/16 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdelotell
I'm running into the same issue. Are you on PS4 or Xbox?

ps4................

# 115 aholbert32 @ 01/29/16 12:07 PM
Quote:
Alot of things go into this system and its not as simple as just pushing a direction and letting the bar fill up. Stamina matters. Who you are using and their grappling ratings matters. What perks that player has matters. Grappling advantage matters. Also simple things like reading something takes longer than knowing something comes into play.

For example, If I'm on top in side control and I know that if I press left that puts me in full mount, I am going to transition faster because I dont need to wait for the Hud to tell me what direction to go in. By the time the person on bottom has read the hud and started their transition, I'm halfway done with my transition to full mount.

Who you are using matters too. For example, I loved using Kelvin Gastellum on the ground. He has good grappling stats and perks like Force of Nature and Ground and Pound that make him viable to grind someone on the ground. I'm less successful at the ground with guys like Thiago Alves because their stats arent as good.

Stamina matter too. While I have big issues with the lack of permanent stamina loss on the ground, I've noticed that if you have higher stamina, your bar will fill up quicker.

# 116 aholbert32 @ 01/29/16 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
If you're watching the HUD then you're not watching your opponent's moves so you can't block/reverse, which will put you at a huge disadvantage.
This is another great point.

# 117 aholbert32 @ 01/29/16 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
Matt Hughes with rubber guard threw me off a bit.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
I have so many issues with the movesets. This is one of the bigger things I'm discussing with the devs. I'm also worried that it will be a much bigger issue given the size of the roster

# 118 rafaelpaolo84 @ 01/29/16 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Alot of things go into this system and its not as simple as just pushing a direction and letting the bar fill up. Stamina matters. Who you are using and their grappling ratings matters. What perks that player has matters. Grappling advantage matters. Also simple things like reading something takes longer than knowing something comes into play.

For example, If I'm on top in side control and I know that if I press left that puts me in full mount, I am going to transition faster because I dont need to wait for the Hud to tell me what direction to go in. By the time the person on bottom has read the hud and started their transition, I'm halfway done with my transition to full mount.

Who you are using matters too. For example, I loved using Kelvin Gastellum on the ground. He has good grappling stats and perks like Force of Nature and Ground and Pound that make him viable to grind someone on the ground. I'm less successful at the ground with guys like Thiago Alves because their stats arent as good.

Stamina matter too. While I have big issues with the lack of permanent stamina loss on the ground, I've noticed that if you have higher stamina, your bar will fill up quicker.
Ah gotcha! Def makes sense and I understand it better now, thanks!

Btw, how do you do feints, fake/cancel strikes?

EDIT: Never mind, figured it out! Hold R1+R2 then whatever strike button.

# 119 jeremym480 @ 01/29/16 12:32 PM
Quote:
The physics based knockdowns are cool and all, but sometimes it doesn't trigger "finish the fight" positions which results in really awkward sequences. I just had a fight with BJ Penn against Thompson, had him in trouble near the cage, landed a flush uppercut that knocked him down knees on the floor back slumped against the cage, and I immediately thought "holy sh_ _ this a Caol Uno moment right here!" I pressed any and all strike buttons expecting BJ to just bash Thompson's head in, but I was just striking normally hitting nothing but air! All the while Thompson was veeery slowly sliding down until he was fully laid out on the floor, and I still couldn't strike him where he was! It was as if I was still fighting a standing opponent. Eventually he went to the but scoot position and I was able to jump into his guard. And while I finished the fight less than a minute after with a guillotine, that sequence was very anti-climactic.
Share stuff like this with EA so that we see less of it when the game is released.

In the email that they sent with the code there's a clickable link that looks like the attachment below:

I tried clicking mine, but nothing happened... I assume it's because I haven't played yet. I'll be online tonight though, so I'm looking forward to getting my tail kicked by you guys who have a days jump on me.

# 120 SgtDillznick @ 01/29/16 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I really like the movement while striking. Weaving, backing out can be very rewarding. With this, I see the potential for some very tough defensive battles.

I feel as if the head physics, especially with leg kicks connecting, are a tad off. I knocked a guy out with a round house, and while it felt like they're was impact, visually it looked like it grazed his head.

That's good to know. Thank you. As someone who bought a PS4 to play UFC 1 and loved it despite its glaring shortcomings, I super pumped for this. Talk about March Madness... The Division, UFC 2 and MLB The Show... Damn!

To bad you guys can't post anything due to the NDA.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.