Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

My last two NBA 2K16 pieces have been a bit on the heavy side, both in terms of tackling multiple issues and asking many community questions. This week, I知 going with a more brisk topic and asking one simple question:

What two-man interactions make you rage out?

I have a larger point about two-man interactions I値l hopefully cement and talk about in a future article, but for now I want to ask about this one specific issue. After the jump, I値l highlight three two-man interactions that chap my butt, and I hope you all will throw some out there as well in the comments below.

Let痴 do it.

Read More - NBA 2K16: Two-Man Interactions You Hate

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ballin2k0 @ 02/04/16 01:52 PM
theses issues defenitly need fixed because if you get good at doing this... which is what alot of the hardcore players do.... the game is unplayable say you play this type of player online 3 times in a row.....you wont want to play again because you end up feeling cheated every game and have no interest in getting cheated anymore...great job bringing this to light in detail...

# 2 wallofhate @ 02/04/16 02:14 PM
I see too much of the hard foul knocked completely off balance two man animation. I know it happens but I see it way too often imo.

# 3 threattonature @ 02/04/16 02:27 PM
Mine is by far the suction that occurs as you have the step on your defender driving to the rim and yes it keeps you glued to the defender. In real life once someone has the angle on you and the step they're not going to be sucked back into the defender.

# 4 nova91 @ 02/04/16 03:30 PM
Every forced contact animation. I should never be forced to make contact with someone, especially on free runs to the glass for rebounds, on fast breaks where I slow so the defender behind me can catch up and make contact, when the CPU sets screens, when I trying to move off ball on offense, when I want to bring the ball up court and the CPU decided to body me all the way up the court even when I am purposely going away from them, when the CPU decides it wants to post me up...I could go on for a while but you get the point. What really sucks is that the CPU can trigger these at will but it's few and far between when I am able to trigger them.

# 5 jsquigg @ 02/04/16 03:53 PM
Actually, the thing that bugs me is when your ball handler is an elite dribbler but for no reason loses the ball in the lane. I want turnovers to be realistic statistically, but it seems difficult to program the human error inherent in basketball. With that said, I've seen my players pass the ball out of bounds when a player comes off a screen (like the passer didn't no which way he wasn't going to cut), but rarely if ever does the CPU make bone headed plays. I'm not saying this should be a common occurrence, but who hasn't seen an NBA game where both teams are firing up ill advised shots or making stupid decisions. Should definitely factor into certain players ratings or tendencies. Even with all that I'd enjoy the game much more if my big men would stop running out of play after a made basket leading to easy lay ups by the CPU.

# 6 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 02/04/16 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by threattonature
Mine is by far the suction that occurs as you have the step on your defender driving to the rim and yes it keeps you glued to the defender. In real life once someone has the angle on you and the step they're not going to be sucked back into the defender.
This is my biggest issue with the game along with dribbling & passing through players body parts. I can't begin to tell you how many times I clearly beat my defender off the dribble only to have the defender warp back into position meanwhile sticking me in mud so I can't blow by him smh. It's like you're constantly fighting invisible force fields in this game. This is such nonsense & continues to be a legacy issue for 2K. Why is it that big slow centers can stick to Russell Westbrook like glue? These 2 man suction animations have to go. On ball defense needs a major overhaul & the excessive player clipping has to be cleaned up. Lastly the ball needs to be tangible at all times.

# 7 kolanji @ 02/04/16 06:39 PM
Charging blocking situations....still to this point of time this aspect is nowhere near a credible tactic playing positional defense....

Automatic shooting fools after pump fakes.....

# 8 Tybudd @ 02/04/16 07:27 PM
The Non-Steal Steal isn't bad at all, just recognizing collision. Your complaint seems to be because a steal occurs w/o the actual attempt to steal the ball.

So You'd be ok with being able to dribble the ball off another persons foot, and nothing happens?
Or someone running pass your dribble hand brushing on the ball and nothing happens, doesn't matter if its a teammate or a deffender, if somebody hits the ball you should lose it, bottom line.

Be good enough to see it coming and cross over to the other hand

# 9 Hustle Westbrook @ 02/04/16 08:32 PM
How about when you grab a rebound and get ready to run the break and the CPU sucks you into to some over-aggressive bumping animation that would really be a foul in any other circumstance?

This happens to me all the time in MyPlayer and it's mind-boggling.

# 10 Finepanther @ 02/04/16 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
This is my biggest issue with the game along with dribbling & passing through players body parts. I can't begin to tell you how many times I clearly beat my defender off the dribble only to have the defender warp back into position meanwhile sticking me in mud so I can't blow by him smh. It's like you're constantly fighting invisible force fields in this game. This is such nonsense & continues to be a legacy issue for 2K. Why is it that big slow centers can stick to Russell Westbrook like glue? These 2 man suction animations have to go. On ball defense needs a major overhaul & the excessive player clipping has to be cleaned up. Lastly the ball needs to be tangible at all times.
The "invisible forces" part is spot on. I just don't feel in control when I have the ball. It's like I get stuck in mud the second I start to engage with my defender. I know everybody wants "sim" basketball but this isn't any more realistic than flying around the court dunking on everybody. There's a freedom of movement in the real nba that 2k has been drifting away from more and more, every year for awhile now even though every year they tout "improved responsiveness" as a key feature. I don't trust them anymore.

# 11 Lord Bonium @ 02/05/16 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by threattonature
For me it's the same thing but in offensive rebounding situations. I've seen it far too many times that i'm shoulder to shoulder next to the the defensive rebounder while i'm about to run past him while he's facing the other side of the court. Somehow all momentum stops, the defender slides 180ー in box out position and i slide a little backwards and am now boxed out. I'd somewhat understand (though not approve) that this happens if the defender has far better boxout/rebounding attributes but that doesn't seem to be the case. It happens between every possible combination of players as far as i can tell.

And of course getting stuck in the paint, trying to get out.

Also when you're moving laterally staying in front of the ball handler until they just start dribbling into you, you get knocked over and called for a blocking foul.

# 12 SpeedyClaxton @ 02/05/16 08:47 AM
I hate the animation where one players ball gets deflected and then that player just freezes until opposition or in very rare cases another teammate grabs the ball, player just stays there stunned.

# 13 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 02/05/16 09:15 AM
The one where I'm already almost in the air with the ball HIGH going for a dunk and the game pulls me back to the ground with ball LOW so I can get stripped . If I already have the ball high an animation shouldn't force me to get ripped that should be a foul

# 14 Ownal0t @ 02/05/16 10:16 AM
When my defender can give me a flying knee kick going for a Ill advised block , and the game instead of calling the foul, will make me act like I just got shot, stumble around , make it where I can't do anything, and then I lose ball or I get a shot clock violation .

Wtf?

# 15 GuwopGeezus @ 02/05/16 10:29 AM
1) When your player gets hung up on/sucked into a pick for no reason. This is probably the worst to me. You will be playing defense and a player is setting a pick 5 feet behind you and you slide back and take 10 seconds (slight exaggeration) to fight around the pick, leaving the ball handler open. Also, I hate when the ball handler leads you into the pick and you get hung up on it and they reverse direction and have a wide open lane to the basket. This is more for human opponents. I even use it sometimes too but I think it's cheap.

2) When you play great defense and force a contested shot but your AI controlled teammate that's nearby also contests the shot, allowing the other team to get an easy offensive rebound put back. Maddening

3) When you get blocked or get the ball poked loose your player just loses all coordination for a few seconds and you can't get the ball back. This is especially frustrating against the computer because when it happens to them they react super quickly and get the ball back every time.

# 16 YaBoial @ 02/05/16 11:47 AM
Animation dunks have to go. Its dumb to have a action that is guranteed 2 pts in the result every time

Sent from my LIFE PURE MINI using Tapatalk

# 17 2_headedmonster @ 02/05/16 05:36 PM
I hate that majority of the foul animations are overly aggressive. People don't often throw defensive position to the wind and clobber someone. People usually foul on the midst of at least trying to appear not to.

# 18 jmaj315 @ 02/05/16 07:09 PM
The weird off-ball defender/pick man interactions... and the on ball defender/off-ball defender interactions. ughh

# 19 jWILL253 @ 02/05/16 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tybudd
The Non-Steal Steal isn't bad at all, just recognizing collision. Your complaint seems to be because a steal occurs w/o the actual attempt to steal the ball.

So You'd be ok with being able to dribble the ball off another persons foot, and nothing happens?
Or someone running pass your dribble hand brushing on the ball and nothing happens, doesn't matter if its a teammate or a deffender, if somebody hits the ball you should lose it, bottom line.

Be good enough to see it coming and cross over to the other hand
I think you need to watch the video in the post.

The defender literally ran into him after a late recovery off the pick. In the second vid, what you're saying makes sense, but you shouldn't be losing the ball from a defender simply colliding with the ball.

# 20 Durdur752 @ 02/06/16 06:43 PM
Man, there are so many that it's hard to choose from (I have about 12gb of 10-15 sec clips that show proof of bad animations + AI). If I have to narrow it down, it would have to be the layup/dunk animations. More specifically, the speed and choice of shot. Fast guards constantly lay the ball up or dunk as if they are doing a drill. Bigs sometimes fly to the rim like a guard or take a full 2 seconds to rev up a dunk and get blocked from a player that reached through their back and got to the ball. 2K doesn't realize that those are fouls. If a player averages .2 blocks a game, it's okay to make their block rating 25 and have every block attempt miss or foul the offensive player...you know what, I'll stop here because I can write an essay about how poor this game is.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.