Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Ramone posted this MLB The Show 16 image (work in progress) on Twitter, so I did the best I could with it, comparing the artificial rocks behind the left-center field fence at Angel Stadium, in MLB 15 The Show.

MLB The Show 16 on top, MLB 15 The Show on the bottom.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 NDAlum @ 02/05/16 06:13 PM
That is an incredible difference. I'm not much of an art guy but I think this type of drastic change would even be appreciated by a guy like me.

# 2 Syce @ 02/05/16 06:27 PM
when i originally saw the top pic, i was like is this comparing real life to the game? but if that is 16 compared to 15, then WOW is all i can say.

# 3 dickey1331 @ 02/05/16 06:56 PM
That's a big difference. That's a huge change in graphics over 1 year.

# 4 tnixen @ 02/05/16 07:05 PM
If all MLB stadiums get that much improved graphics wise then I am going to freak out in a good way

# 5 Bobhead @ 02/05/16 07:37 PM
I know the "that screenshot looks real" thing is cliche but it 100% applies here. That top photo could easily pass as a photo off Instagram with one of those filters applied.

That is an impressive improvement.

# 6 Madden's Jowels @ 02/05/16 08:20 PM
That really looks amazing.

I wish the players themselves could look that good. One day maybe.

# 7 Cowboy008 @ 02/05/16 08:22 PM
If every MLB stadium gets that kind of treatment then that will be awesome.

# 8 GWPump23 @ 02/05/16 08:53 PM
EVERY year, The Show states early that the graphics have improved...
EVERY year, I say to myself (before seeing the improvements) why? The graphics can't get much better... Why spend so mush time there?
And... EVERY year, the graphics improve SO much that it's almost mind boggling to me!
The Show is only a few years away from making the PS3 version look like "Pong"

-GW-

# 9 SVCbearcat10 @ 02/05/16 09:49 PM
While they continue to do a great job with the environments, the players themselves leave a lot to be desired. I get these videos and streams are from non final builds, but I don't expect much more. I popped The Show in last week and was greatly disappointed. What went from being a step above at PS4 launch is now out of date. The player faces look okay, but fabric and skin look way too cartoonish. It's something I didn't notice until I went back to the game.

While still the best sim and representation of their sport on the market, I hope to see it take a step forward in the player/jersey department. Since that's why you interact with most while playing, it's starting to take away from the immersion factor.

# 10 Factzzz @ 02/05/16 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVCbearcat10
While they continue to do a great job with the environments, the players themselves leave a lot to be desired. I get these videos and streams are from non final builds, but I don't expect much more. I popped The Show in last week and was greatly disappointed. What went from being a step above at PS4 launch is now out of date. The player faces look okay, but fabric and skin look way too cartoonish. It's something I didn't notice until I went back to the game.

While still the best sim and representation of their sport on the market, I hope to see it take a step forward in the player/jersey department. Since that's why you interact with most while playing, it's starting to take away from the immersion factor.
Let's just hope next year is the year they finally take the step and make a drastic effort to improve player models.

# 11 LastActionHero @ 02/06/16 05:47 AM
I wonder if 17 would be the year they ditch the ps3 version. Curious what the minimum ps3 sales must be to develop the game at least one more year. If that is a guideline at all...

I looked up some info on VGchartz (don't know how reliable they are) and found some pretty interesting numbers.

Mlb 15 sold 210.000 more ps4 copies (840.000) than Mlb 14 which ofcourse is largely due to the fact more people had a ps4 around the time 15 came out.

Now 15 on ps3 sold only 10000 less than 14. Still 370.000! So unless 16 makes a significant drop in sales I think the ps3 version will be kept alive.

# 12 bxphenom7 @ 02/06/16 09:29 AM
This is awesome. Definitely need this amount of detail in the player models smh.

# 13 Drew127 @ 02/06/16 10:26 AM
Can anyone confirm if PBR was turned on during the RTS Twitch stream earlier this week? I heard conflicting reports. If not, I am extremely excited to see it during next week's gameplay stream.

# 14 HypoLuxa13 @ 02/06/16 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew127
Can anyone confirm if PBR was turned on during the RTS Twitch stream earlier this week? I heard conflicting reports. If not, I am extremely excited to see it during next week's gameplay stream.
I believe they said the build they were using to play had some PBR, but not for the minor league stadiums? Something like that anyway. So no, I don't think we saw any in the stream. Maybe in Tuesday's stream though?

# 15 bravesvolsfan @ 02/06/16 01:56 PM
Awesome pic. I know it's a tad off-topic, but I'm hoping SunTrust Park makes it in MLB 16. Would be cool to see in Franchise mode.

# 16 tnixen @ 02/06/16 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesvolsfan
Awesome pic. I know it's a tad off-topic, but I'm hoping SunTrust Park makes it in MLB 16. Would be cool to see in Franchise mode.

Going to have to wait for MLB The Show 17 most likely.

# 17 Lisac @ 02/06/16 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesvolsfan
Can almost promise you that won't happen.
The Braves are my 3rd favorite team in baseball so my hope is guys like Newcombe, Swanson, Mallex Smith, Blair and others get called up this year so they are in the game next year when Suntrust opens up.

# 18 CM1014 @ 02/07/16 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N Rolla
Last time I saw rocks more beautiful than that was in my 8th grade science class. Quartz!
Hank Schrader would love these rocks.

"Jesus Marie, they're Minerals!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1yYJBzf1VQ

# 19 seanjeezy @ 02/07/16 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
I wonder if 17 would be the year they ditch the ps3 version. Curious what the minimum ps3 sales must be to develop the game at least one more year. If that is a guideline at all...

I looked up some info on VGchartz (don't know how reliable they are) and found some pretty interesting numbers.

Mlb 15 sold 210.000 more ps4 copies (840.000) than Mlb 14 which ofcourse is largely due to the fact more people had a ps4 around the time 15 came out.

Now 15 on ps3 sold only 10000 less than 14. Still 370.000! So unless 16 makes a significant drop in sales I think the ps3 version will be kept alive.
Fyi vgchartz numbers are 100% BS. If you want real hard numbers I recommend checking out the NPD threads over at NeoGaf!

And based off of NPD, PS3 and 360 sales have fallen off a cliff since PS4 and xb1 have been released, and they are currently on life support. Now, NPD is only US sales but that is the Show's most important market so it is an excellent measuring stick.

# 20 Spokker @ 02/07/16 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Fyi vgchartz numbers are 100% BS. If you want real hard numbers I recommend checking out the NPD threads over at NeoGaf!
What do they say about MLB The Show?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.