Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

The MLB The Show 16 Gameplay Twitch stream began at 5pm ET, and new details about what has changed in this year's game will be revealed throughout. Watch it here and be sure to comment on your favorite new features announced!

For those of you that missed the stream, you can watch the archives below.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 dran1984 @ 02/09/16 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Does look great!
If that's what the game looks like its a major upgrade graphically

# 62 Turbojugend @ 02/09/16 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Nick is really pushing for it, but no promises... He has to endure and survive B Ma's wrath first.

Sent from my HTC One [M8] Marshmallow 6.0 | Tapatalk
Cool, thanks guys. I don't use analog much myself but I know a lot of OS'ers are hinging on this so I figured I'd ask.

# 63 tnixen @ 02/09/16 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceg0st
please give us the option to play within this camera view. this with timed hitting, and strike heavy pitching, could be a great nod to classic baseball games.

I want this camera view for Batting,Pitching and Fielding CPU VS CPU games so badly!!!

# 64 Russell_SCEA @ 02/09/16 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
If that's what the game looks like its a major upgrade graphically
Yup that's all in game assets.

# 65 dran1984 @ 02/09/16 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Yup that's all in game assets.
Looks amazing

# 66 Factzzz @ 02/09/16 08:05 PM
Based on this stream, looks like presentation got a pretty decent upgrade this year.

# 67 tnixen @ 02/09/16 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Based on this stream, looks like presentation got a pretty decent upgrade this year.

I am going to assume that they are saving a lot more for the presentation stream on the 25th

# 68 Factzzz @ 02/09/16 08:17 PM

Tulo had on new Nike cleats.

A lot of players started wearing these towards the end of last year, nice to see them in.

# 69 Drew127 @ 02/09/16 08:19 PM
I'm very surprised that physics wasn't mentioned or asked about. Hits down the line have been broken for years, I hope a physics upgrade has addressed this.

# 70 tnixen @ 02/09/16 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew127
I'm very surprised that physics wasn't mentioned or asked about. Hits down the line have been broken for years, I hope a physics upgrade has addressed this.
I tried asking about what was improved with the Ball physics but it went unanswered.

But I would bet anything that Ball physics was worked on again. I am pretty sure Ball physics is something they try to improve every year.

# 71 SoxFan01605 @ 02/09/16 08:25 PM
I'm early in the video right now, so forgive me if this is touched on, but was something changed with ball physics/friction? I ask because it really seems to me that the ball looks like it has more noticeable sense of weight and a "livelier" bounce on certain grounders (less skating/sliding).

EDIT: HA! Funny timing. I think tnixon and I might be seeing the same thing...

# 72 Stolm @ 02/09/16 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Nick is really pushing for it, but no promises... He has to endure and survive B Ma's wrath first.

Sent from my HTC One [M8] Marshmallow 6.0 | Tapatalk
Pleasantly surprised they already are thinking of bringing it back. Wonder if they weren't expecting such an outcry at it's removal.

Certainly intersting to see if they have made any changes to it all.

Hopefully it makes it in. If it does, I will definitely go back to picking up The Show at launch, rather than waiting for a price drop like last year.

# 73 Spokker @ 02/09/16 08:33 PM
Does anyone have a timestamp on the hybrid presentation glimpses?

# 74 tabarnes19_SDS @ 02/09/16 08:35 PM
I'm pumped...first year in a while that release day is going to be a surprise!!!

Looks like a sick day....lots of playing and simming

# 75 Factzzz @ 02/09/16 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokker
Does anyone have a timestamp on the hybrid presentation glimpses?
Both in the second youtube video

One at 16:08 (walking onto the field)
One at 34:43 (time lapse of Toronto, skyline or something)

# 76 Spokker @ 02/09/16 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Both in the second youtube video

One at 16:08 (walking onto the field)
One at 34:43 (time lapse of Toronto, skyline or something)
Oh, I thought it was in the first video because that's when he talked about viewers noticing it. Thanks.

# 77 Detroitfan4life1993 @ 02/09/16 08:39 PM
Gameplay looks great this year, I love all of the new fielding animations.

# 78 Shakedowncapo @ 02/09/16 08:42 PM
Impressed with the quick outfield animations. That should help out DD a lot!

# 79 Smallville102001 @ 02/09/16 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Does look great!

Want a minute I just got into this thread and you are telling me that is in game? I thought it was just a real life screen shoot in game or something.

# 80 tnixen @ 02/09/16 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
Want a minute I just got into this thread and you are telling me that is in game? I thought it was just a real life screen shoot in game or something.
Yep that's in game!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.