Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

The MLB The Show 16 Gameplay Twitch stream began at 5pm ET, and new details about what has changed in this year's game will be revealed throughout. Watch it here and be sure to comment on your favorite new features announced!

For those of you that missed the stream, you can watch the archives below.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Smallville102001 @ 02/09/16 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Yep that's in game!

Wow I really hope players look that good to. That is like how good the players in NBA 2k look.

# 82 Smallville102001 @ 02/09/16 09:00 PM
Dose any one want to explain to me what in the heck this hybrid presentation thing is that people are talking about? Like what does it do?

# 83 bcruise @ 02/09/16 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
Dose any one want to explain to me what in the heck this hybrid presentation thing is that people are talking about? Like what does it do?
Only the devs and probably CD guys know, and they ain't telling yet.

# 84 joshtree14 @ 02/09/16 09:09 PM
Pbr confirmed for this stream?

# 85 Smallville102001 @ 02/09/16 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Only the devs and probably CD guys know, and they ain't telling yet.

Did we even have a CD this year? I thought we normally had it in like late jan.

# 86 Jeffrey Smith @ 02/09/16 09:13 PM
This stream has got me stoked for this years game...STOKED!!!

# 87 tnixen @ 02/09/16 09:14 PM
Here is a screenshot from the twitch stream looks like a very cool new presentation and keep in mind that everything you see in that screenshot was moving. Honestly it looks like a 'real life" time lapse video to me. Time Lapse as in it was moving along at a fast clip. Pretty cool

I think it looks beautiful and I hope we see this presentation for all stadiums.

I assume it's ok to post this screenshot since it is also in the video stream?

# 88 Spokker @ 02/09/16 09:18 PM
Looks like they are taking a page out of NBA 2K's playbook. Those short clips will be a welcome addition.

# 89 Bobhead @ 02/09/16 09:19 PM
You call this stuff realistic? Tulo made it through the whole Twitch stream without one injury. Come on...

No but really this stream looks great. I especially love the new home run banner (you aren't the only one tnixen!), some of the new fielding animations (especially the double play ones).

Anyone know if there is now an alert for when players are stealing bases? Currently there's no alert at all you kinda have to guess based on the crowd, or hope that one of the announcers happen to say something about it (they don't always).

# 90 Spokker @ 02/09/16 09:21 PM
Man, Ramone loves to trash talk. But he's got great fielding skills.

# 91 tessl @ 02/09/16 09:27 PM
Aside for excellent animation and gameplay improvements one thing I noticed was a new feature coaching personalities.

They didn't go into much detail but it is intriguing.

# 92 Spokker @ 02/09/16 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Aside for excellent animation and gameplay improvements one thing I noticed was a new feature coaching personalities.

They said that it was going to be pretty basic the first year it's implemented, so there are probably not that many details. They said they will expand on it even more in later versions.

# 93 Smallville102001 @ 02/09/16 09:37 PM
Interesting that they only have a team of 75 working on the game. It would be interesting to know how that compares to the other sports games like madden, NBA, NHL.

# 94 tnixen @ 02/09/16 09:38 PM
Quote:
Interesting that they only have a team of 75 working on the game. It would be interesting to know how that compares to the other sports games like madden, NBA, NHL.

I think other sports games have around double.

# 95 Impetuous65 @ 02/09/16 09:41 PM
Didn't catch the stream and I have a menu Question. Did they put the batter pitcher analysis back on the front end with the directional button. Instead of like last year you had to pause and go to stats?

# 96 ryanmc564 @ 02/09/16 09:44 PM
Quote:
Put it this way, the last grand theft auto game had something to the tune of 300 employees working on that game, the show has 75 employees but their game is made every year and the amount of animations they have in their game probably dwarfs gta's by quite a bit, that's a lot of capturing and programming for one 75 man crew.

# 97 tessl @ 02/09/16 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokker
They said that it was going to be pretty basic the first year it's implemented, so there are probably not that many details. They said they will expand on it even more in later versions.
Smart move - implement it carefully. It is true managers have different personalities. I wonder if that means the current attribute list for coaches and managers will be revamped.

# 98 Smallville102001 @ 02/09/16 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Here is a screenshot from the twitch stream and keep in mind that everything you see in that screenshot was moving. Honestly it looks like a 'real life" time lapse video to me. Time Lapse as in it was moving along at a fast clip. Pretty cool

I think it looks beautiful and I hope we see this presentation for all stadiums.

I assume it's ok to post this screenshot since it is also in the video stream?

That looks nice!

# 99 Smallville102001 @ 02/09/16 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
Put it this way, the last grand theft auto game had something to the tune of 300 employees working on that game, the show has 75 employees but their game is made every year and the amount of animations they have in their probably dwarfs gta's by quite a bit, that's a lot of capturing and programming for one 75 man crew.

Yeah 75 does sound small I wonder how that compares to rockstead has the batman arkham games are some of my favorite games and I think they are consider small.

# 100 Russell_SCEA @ 02/09/16 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl

That one was cut then Gill convinced B Ma to press and get it in. We didn't find out about until 10 minutes before the stream lol.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.