Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

The MLB The Show 16 Gameplay Twitch stream began at 5pm ET, and new details about what has changed in this year's game will be revealed throughout. Watch it here and be sure to comment on your favorite new features announced!

For those of you that missed the stream, you can watch the archives below.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Impetuous65 @ 02/09/16 11:14 PM
Great stream, very informative. The problem I have with this animations and gameplay stream is they should have pre-recorded this stream and walk down the animation list and should have shown us how it compares and contrast with 15. Then we could appreciate the upgrade. If you haven't played in a while you wouldn't know if an animation was new, upgraded or old.

Talking about HUMAN IK would have benefited from a side by side comparison, just talking amongst themselves about how much better it is doesn't do anything for the viewer. Putting players out of position in 15 and let it play out vs 16 and show those one after the other would have been a visual treat.

It was a great stream but you guys really need to show 15 vs 16 for us to appreciate the upgrades just like the Angels outfield pic.

# 122 ShowTyme15 @ 02/09/16 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65
Great stream, very informative. The problem I have with this animations and gameplay stream is they should have pre-recorded this stream and walk down the animation list and should have shown us how it compares and contrast with 15. Then we could appreciate the upgrade. If you haven't played in a while you wouldn't know if an animation was new, upgraded or old.

Talking about HUMAN IK would have benefited from a side by side comparison, just talking amongst themselves about how much better it is doesn't do anything for the viewer. Putting players out of position in 15 and let it play out vs 16 and show those one after the other would have been a visual treat.

It was a great stream but you guys really need to show 15 vs 16 for us to appreciate the upgrades just like the Angels outfield pic.
The changes were pretty evident in the stream. You don't need a side by side comparison to figure that out.

# 123 Cowboy008 @ 02/09/16 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
Kind of digging the fish eye lens view when batting.
The only thing I don't like about it is that you won't be able to see the speed of the runners who are on 1st and 3rd base.

# 124 Sip_16 @ 02/09/16 11:24 PM
Not sure if I can remember this happening in last years game but at about 17:40 of the first stream the 3B knocks down the ball and the SS actually picks it up properly and tries to make the throw. Wouldn't they use to just kinda stand and watch on that play?

# 125 Impetuous65 @ 02/09/16 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
The changes were pretty evident in the stream. You don't need a side by side comparison to figure that out.
Like I said, if you haven't played in a while you wouldn't know. You are a hardcore player so it is evident to you, but not to someone who hasn't played in a while or new to the series. Some of the things are so nuanced that there is no way to know unless you break it down in replay.

And I'm willing to bet, if you watched this stream on mute, it wouldn't be so evident too you either.

# 126 Aensland @ 02/09/16 11:28 PM
Wasn't expecting anything in today's stream to blow me away, but I came away from this feeling satisfied and even more excited about the game. Looking forward to future streams and of course, playing the game itself.

# 127 ShowTyme15 @ 02/09/16 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65
Like I said, if you haven't played in a while you wouldn't know. You are a hardcore player so it is evident to you, but not to someone who hasn't played in a while or new to the series. Some of the things are so nuanced that there is no way to know unless you break it down in replay.

And I'm willing to bet, if you watched this stream on mute, it wouldn't be so evident too you either.
I don't need volume to see animations that show up on a screen.

# 128 Impetuous65 @ 02/09/16 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
I don't need volume to see animations that show up on a screen.
NO ish Sherlock, You know we are talking about a feature and type of animation i.e. Human IK is such a nuanced specific animation, if the devs were on mute, you would be lost. Routes paths, out of position ect... You would be in the dark and you know it.

# 129 Bengals1 @ 02/09/16 11:53 PM
I wish they would bring the Montreal Expos uniforms to the Nationals!!!

# 130 kehlis @ 02/09/16 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals1
I wish they would bring the Montreal Expos uniforms to the Nationals!!!
They can't. The Nationals don't own the rights to the Expos jerseys.

# 131 WaitTilNextYear @ 02/09/16 11:56 PM
Well, I'm not really seeing the fuss about animations--they look mostly the same aside from a new catcher-as-a-pivot-man 5-2-3 double play attempt and a leaping 4-6-3 double play animation (leaping SS).

However, some information I found cool:

-No more DIVE CHEESE! Nobody likes dive cheese (Whatever that means, lol)

-Kris Bryant has a new swing and HR animation.

-20 new ump personalities with an accuracy rating + bias = personality

-Apparently 3-6-3 double plays will be more possible with the 1B recovering to 1B after throwing the ball in some cases. In the past it seemed like the pitcher always covers the bag (and is late getting there) on the return leg as the 1B'man stands off to the side.

-The out of position animations were a nice touch...you could see Eric Hosmer flopping around like a fish in LF.

-There was an interesting out-of-ballpark cutscene that played between innings in a game at Rogers Centre. It looked like a time lapse of a harbor/marina scene in Toronto. Lots of boats.

-They teased the SOTS tile inside the Options menu. Some version of SOTS is already 100% in.

-Ramone is dropping tanks.

# 132 Blzer @ 02/10/16 12:01 AM
I kind of just jumped around, didn't have much time tonight.

I like that everything feels faster. Pitchers also breathe on the mound lol, I guess that's a good thing? Some new follow-through swings as well. No new broadcast camera, though there seems to be some new medium camera type, sort of. Also, I saw some singles top-spin in front of the outfielders.

That's kind of all I got. I'll check it out later if I have time.

# 133 Lisac @ 02/10/16 12:01 AM
Game def looks better than last year! The things that stood out to me the most were.

Rogers Centre dirt infield
Love the HR number and distance
The HR celebrations are nice also Encarnacion chicken wing, Donaldson low 5 etc.
Infielders fielding look crisper
And most of all the Stadiums look crisper also (or was that just me?)
Thing I'm hoping that's not in the game this year is the Cubs, Cub head in the OF grass.

Pumped already and can't wait to see more

# 134 Russell_SCEA @ 02/10/16 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
The only thing I don't like about it is that you won't be able to see the speed of the runners who are on 1st and 3rd base.
Yes you will it will still show up.

# 135 chiwhitesoxGOSOX @ 02/10/16 12:22 AM
Surprised no one is really talking about how they just teased sounds of the show there at the end. Has me so excited for the next stream !

# 136 kehlis @ 02/10/16 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiwhitesoxGOSOX
Surprised no one is really talking about how they just teased sounds of the show there at the end. Has me so excited for the next stream !
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ow-2-days.html

# 137 ACENEWYORK @ 02/10/16 12:31 AM
Can anyone confirm, if that picture of the boats was real or game graphics? I know the shot of Wrigley was in game graphics, which looked awesome imo.

# 138 Cowboy008 @ 02/10/16 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Yes you will it will still show up.
That's great. I just thought I heard someone say during the stream that the runner window that was on the screen isn't supposed to be there.

# 139 zello144 @ 02/10/16 12:36 AM
They did it!!!
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047581603
Can't wait for the presentation stream!

# 140 Russell_SCEA @ 02/10/16 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
That's great. I just thought I heard someone say during the stream that the runner window that was on the screen isn't supposed to be there.
Correct but the attributes will still be there.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.