Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

The MLB The Show 16 Gameplay Twitch stream began at 5pm ET, and new details about what has changed in this year's game will be revealed throughout. Watch it here and be sure to comment on your favorite new features announced!

For those of you that missed the stream, you can watch the archives below.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Scott @ 02/10/16 10:36 AM
Must say this looks like a huge improvement, especially figuring I skipped last year's game, so this should be a big jump up from 14 to 16...

# 162 The Kid 24 @ 02/10/16 10:45 AM
Did anyone notice if hats where sweaty in the 1st inning?

# 163 JayD @ 02/10/16 10:50 AM
Ramone, I didn't hear anything about timing hitting or classic pitching, have these methods been tweaked at all?

# 164 ryanmc564 @ 02/10/16 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Must say this looks like a huge improvement, especially figuring I skipped last year's game, so this should be a big jump up from 14 to 16...
totally agree, I actually told myself last year that I was going to skip on mlb 16 and wait for 17 just because there isn't normally huge differences from year to year. but after last nights stream I'm starting to change my mind on it.

# 165 HypoLuxa13 @ 02/10/16 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Ramone, I didn't hear anything about timing hitting or classic pitching, have these methods been tweaked at all?
Just curious, what would you like to see tweaked with either of those?

I think it was Nick (or maybe it was Ramone) who did say the swing feedback was tweaked to more accurately describe what happened. May have been referring to PCI, though, for zone hitting. I'd have to re-watch.

# 166 tnixen @ 02/10/16 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero

I'm not a fan of the speed displayed in circles. I believe they use this for the pitcher confidence and stamina as well. Bars (how it used to be) give you more of an idea right away but this requires way more focus in my opinion.
The circles around the pitch types on the other hand I like and makes sense design wise.

Anyone else feel the same way?
I have mixed feelings about this also. But honestly I think either way is fine and I think the problem is sometimes we get used to having something a certain way and when it is changed it sometimes takes a while to get used to it.

# 167 LastActionHero @ 02/10/16 11:05 AM
Maybe its also the use of the colour blue, keep it yellow! Better to distinguise.

# 168 tnixen @ 02/10/16 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
Maybe its also the use of the colour blue, keep it yellow! Better to distinguise.
Yes yellow may indeed be better on the eyes.

I wonder what Russell thinks about using yellow instead of Blue?

# 169 JayD @ 02/10/16 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
Just curious, what would you like to see tweaked with either of those?

I think it was Nick (or maybe it was Ramone) who did say the swing feedback was tweaked to more accurately describe what happened. May have been referring to PCI, though, for zone hitting. I'd have to re-watch.
Truthfully, not much. I'm just wondering if it's been touched at all.

# 170 kaptainkarl76 @ 02/10/16 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteM5
I'll co-sign that request. I would love to have the camera switch to this for human and CPU fielding. What a great view. But I would want the camera to stay static and not zoom in. I love seeing the entire field during a play.
You would have to have some sort of camera panning..how else are you going snag foul balls to left and right?

But I agree, it has a nice RBI Baseball feel

# 171 kaptainkarl76 @ 02/10/16 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
One thing that would be really cool is on plays at home plate seeing a player move the bat out of the way so the runner does not trip over it.

Maybe someday that animation could be added
I've seen the umpire do it too!

# 172 tnixen @ 02/10/16 12:18 PM
First I want to make it clear that I am 100% grateful to Russell and to anyone else on the Sony team that liked my idea of showing the HR stat overlay popup while the camera is focused on the batter that just hit the HR. I think it works very well popping up just as the batter is crossing home plate. I have seen real baseball broadcast just like this NESN comes to mind

However I think it can be improved a little bit.

Please let me explain.

1. I think the batters full name, number and Position should be shown. Also I think after the HR number it should say "Of Season" example "(40) of season". Also I think the HR overlay box maybe could be maid a little smaller and also maybe the font could be a little smaller so everything fits and looks nice.

2. Another thing I noticed is when the next batter comes to bat you get a second HR Stat overlay popup like in 15 where it pulls out of the scoebug. This is not needed any longer since we now get the better presentation where the HR stat overlay pops up when the batter is crossing home plate. Why show the samething twice? They don't do that in real baseball broadcasts and it should not be done in MLB The Show either.

3. And last when the batter is rounding the bases after a home run I noticed that everytime you see a zoomed in camera showing a fan holding a sign with another fan doing the same strange dance. I like that but not all the time. I hope there will be lot of variety showing different camera angles of the fans on homerun celebrations. Also would not mind seeing some camera angles with it not always zoomed in on the batter rounding the bases.

Go to 1:40:30 in this video showing a NESN broadcast to see what I mean.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtAg_Bkq4lo

Again I truly appreciate the MLB The Show team for finally adding this new new HR stat overlay presentation. And I am just sharing my idea to make it even better. I am sure it is way to late to make these changes in 16 but hopefully they will be taken into consideration for 17.

I am not sure if I should have posted about this now or waited for the presentation stream on the 25th.

Thanks for reading

# 173 tnixen @ 02/10/16 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainkarl76
I've seen the umpire do it too!
You mean in real life correct?

I think the batter,umpire and maybe even the bat boy sometime get the bats out of the way of home plate when there is a play at the plate in real life.

# 174 tessl @ 02/10/16 12:22 PM
This is one of the best pre-release video streams I've seen. The decision to put the game on auto hit and show a large variety of gameplay was smart and indicates confidence in the product they have developed.

I didn't realize their motion capture studio was adjacent to the programming office.

Keep up the good work.

# 175 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 02/10/16 12:26 PM
I appreciate the transparency from this dev team. They're very open about their game & not afraid to show it in it's vulnerable stages. While I still think there are some areas that need improvement, there's no question that this dev team gets it.

# 176 bodhiball @ 02/10/16 12:35 PM
anyone see or hear about animations being added for scoring a run? (not on a homerun)

# 177 thaSLAB @ 02/10/16 12:38 PM
Quote:
First I want to make it clear that I am 100% grateful to Russell and to anyone else on the Sony team that liked my idea of showing the HR stat overlay popup while the camera is focused on the batter that just hit the HR. I think it works very well popping up just as the batter is crossing home plate. I have seen real baseball broadcast to it just like this NESN comes to mind

Please let me explain.

1. I think the batters full name, number and Position should be shown. Also I think after the HR number it should say "Of Season" example "(40) of season". Also I think the HR overlay box maybe could be maid a little smaller and also maybe the font could be a little smaller so everything fits and looks nice.

2. Another thing I noticed is when the next batter comes to bat you get a second HR Stat overlay popup like in 15 where it pulls out of the scoebug. This is not needed any longer since we now get the better presentation where the HR stat overlay pops up when the batter is crossing home plate. Why show the samething twice? They don't do that in real baseball broadcasts and it should not be done in MLB The Show either.

3. And last when the batter is rounding the bases after a home run I noticed that everytime you see a zoomed in camera showing a fan holding a sign with another fan doing the same strange dance. I like that but not all the time. I hope there will be lot of variety showing different camera angles of the fans on homerun celebrations. Also would not mind seeing some camera angles with it not always zoomed in on the batter rounding the bases.

Again I truly appreciate the MLB The Show team for finally adding this new new HR stat overlay presentation. And I am just sharing my idea to make it even better. I am sure it is way to late to make these changes in 16 but hopefully they will be taken into consideration for 17.

I am not sure if I should have posted about this now or waited for the presentation stream on the 25th.

Thanks for reading
Probably should have waited, lol.

Sent from my HTC One [M8] Marshmallow 6.0 | Tapatalk

# 178 Knight165 @ 02/10/16 12:41 PM
Quote:
First I want to make it clear that I am 100% grateful to Russell and to anyone else on the Sony team that liked my idea of showing the HR stat overlay popup while the camera is focused on the batter that just hit the HR. I think it works very well popping up just as the batter is crossing home plate. I have seen real baseball broadcast to it just like this NESN comes to mind

Please let me explain.

Thanks for reading
Joe is going to kill him.

I'd love to see tnixen at CD....but we'd never see him again because Joe would duct tape him and leave him in a closet somewhere.

M.K.
Knight165

# 179 tnixen @ 02/10/16 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhiball
anyone see or hear about animations being added for scoring a run? (not on a homerun)

You mean like new animations showing the runner crossing home plate and giving high fives to his teams mates as he heads and walks into the dug out after being knocked in on a base hit? If so then no I do not remember them specifically talking about these kinds of animations in the stream yesterday.

But they sure are needed!

When you get a base hit and knock in a base runner the camera presentation almost always stays focused on the batter that got the hit not the runner scoring.

# 180 ScouserHUN @ 02/10/16 12:47 PM
One gameplay relates question:

I really would like to have more difficulty settings. This year I played on AllStar+, but that was only possible using Dynamic difficulty. After reaching the desired difficulty on DD, I just locked it via sliders.

However I don't like, that on Dynamic difficulty the game shows every half inning my current difficulty level.

This is why I would like to know, if it was possible to select the "+" difficulties in the menu in the new game. It would be a nice addition to have 10 difficulty levels to select.

Thanks!

You'll Never Walk Alone!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.