Home
NHL 16 News Post

NHL 16 patch title update #5 is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One users. Full details can be seen in the image above.

The patch notes mention new jerseys are available, but nobody can see them yet, for some reason. We will update this post when we hear anything. Otherwise, let us know what you are seeing.

UPDATE: Download the latest roster update to see the new jerseys. Here are some more details on the patch.

Gameplay
  • Increased attribute effect range to create more player separation.
  • Increased range of attribute effects for goalies so that the weaker goalies are further separated from the best ones.
  • Increased goalies ability to save slower low shots and passes towards the net.
  • Increased referee strictness when teams were already shorthanded so that penalties no longer go uncalled.
  • Increased pokecheck success when in proper positions.
  • Increased penalties from stick lift at wrong angles.
  • Removed the effect protecting the puck has in resistance to being hit (either with protect puck or holding the puck out away from your opponent). Note: Being in a controlled glide with full balance and/or limiting the relative speed of the hit will still be advantageous over skating, performing an action or higher relative speed hits when trying to stay in control.
  • Addressed issue where players would occasionally stay in the penalty box for the rest of the game after the end of their penalty.
  • Addressed issue where players would not line up correctly when using the aggressive faceoff style during an offensive zone faceoff.
Presentation
  • Added the 2015-16 Boston Bruins Winter Classic jersey
  • Added the 2015-16 Montreal Canadian’s Winter Classic jersey
  • Added the 2015-16 Chicago Blackhawks Stadium Series jersey
  • Added the 2015-16 Minnesota Wild Stadium Series jersey
  • Added the 2015-16 Colorado Avalanche Stadium Series jersey
  • Added the 2015-16 Detroit Red Wings Stadium Series jersey
  • Added the San Antonio Rampage 3rd jersey
  • Added the Charlottetown Islanders 3rd jersey
  • Added the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies 3rd jersey
  • Added the Hamilton Bulldogs 3rd jersey
  • Made network performance improvements in EA SPORTS Hockey League and Online Team Play.
  • Added "Dangler" player class in EASHL.

NHL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NHL 16Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
NHL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 bcruise @ 02/18/16 01:44 PM
Just a suggestion - try lowering the acceleration slider for some less impactful hits - I personally think it has a bigger effect on the physical game than the hitting power slider. Because momentum is everything, and when players can't build up speed as easily or quickly they won't collide with as much force.

I'm sure this affects a lot more of the game besides the hitting, but it might be worth a shot.

# 62 actionhank @ 02/18/16 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Just a suggestion - try lowering the acceleration slider for some less impactful hits - I personally think it has a bigger effect on the physical game than the hitting power slider. Because momentum is everything, and when players can't build up speed as easily or quickly they won't collide with as much force.

I'm sure this affects a lot more of the game besides the hitting, but it might be worth a shot.
I've tried that. It's tough getting something that plays well, and still doesn't have insane hits. I usually keep it on 1 for HUM, and around 0 or 1 for CPU.

# 63 FlyAway @ 02/18/16 02:06 PM
Hi. I'm pretty new to the game on Xbox One. How can I find out if I'm running the latest patched version? Are they automatically deployed or do you need to pull them manually somehow?

Thanks!

# 64 MDgolf @ 02/18/16 03:41 PM
Guys turn off or down hitting assistance. That solves the problem of mammoth checks etc. Also turn down hitting power and aggression.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 65 onlybygrace @ 03/02/16 01:51 AM
So, did anyone else see their goaltending turn into complete crap with this new patch? Because I just lost 10-1 to freaking Toronto.

# 66 jake19ny @ 03/02/16 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
So, did anyone else see their goaltending turn into complete crap with this new patch? Because I just lost 10-1 to freaking Toronto.
Hmm. I've played about 10 games with it and can't say that's happened. Maybe re input your sliders in your settings. I actually do this before every game because I notice if I don't the game plays different. I have no proof but that's my feel.

# 67 actionhank @ 03/03/16 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
I need to adjust the accuracy more, but I just beat the Kings 7-2 in Game 7 of the playoffs. While I wish this was reality...it certainly a bit odd. The previous game was a 8-3 victory in game 5, where the Blues scored 5 in the first period.

I'm going to mess with the goalie sliders and see. It's always impossible for me to find a slider setting that lets me score off simple wristers and snap shots like you sometimes see (not having to deke a million times) and still score on defensive shots, while not having the game turn into a high scoring 80's throwback.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.