Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

The MLB The Show 16 Twitch stream has begun, as the team talks about The Little Things, including the return of Sounds of the Show.

UPDATE: For those of you that missed the stream, you can watch the archive here.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Russell_SCEA @ 02/11/16 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew127
I noticed the score bug was different in the first game of this stream (Cubs @ Brewers) than it was in the final game of the stream (Dodgers @ Astros). I'm wondering if it's still a WIP or if we get varying score bugs this year.

In the Cubs/Brewers game, balls/strikes/pitch count were below the teams/score. Made it much more compact and looked more accurate to what you'd see on TV these days.

In the Dodgers/Astros game, the balls/strikes/pitch count were to the right of the teams/score. Made it much longer and didn't seem as true to what you'd see on TV these days.

Hhhhhmmmmmmmmm

# 102 CM1014 @ 02/11/16 09:01 PM
Does anyone know if you can edit player's size inside the game? I'd like to cut back on Schwarber's gut a tad. He looks like he weighs about 350 in his AB.

# 103 WaitTilNextYear @ 02/11/16 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew127
I noticed the score bug was different in the first game of this stream (Cubs @ Brewers) than it was in the final game of the stream (Dodgers @ Astros). I'm wondering if it's still a WIP or if we get varying score bugs this year.

In the Cubs/Brewers game, balls/strikes/pitch count were below the teams/score. Made it much more compact and looked more accurate to what you'd see on TV these days.

In the Dodgers/Astros game, the balls/strikes/pitch count were to the right of the teams/score. Made it much longer and didn't seem as true to what you'd see on TV these days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Hhhhhmmmmmmmmm
Good eye. I didn't notice this, but it would be pretty nice attention to detail if they had the score bug tailored to the specific broadcast network that carries a particular home game. That's probably asking too much though.

# 104 Knight165 @ 02/11/16 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Hhhhhmmmmmmmmm
What is "Things that make you go?"

Oh...I'm sorry....I thought we were playing Jeopardy.

M.K.
Knight165

# 105 dran1984 @ 02/11/16 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM1014
Does anyone know if you can edit player's size inside the game? I'd like to cut back on Schwarber's gut a tad. He looks like he weighs about 350 in his AB.
Yea, I hate when the "buff" player models look fat.

# 106 WaitTilNextYear @ 02/11/16 09:04 PM
Also LOL at Ramone calling in to tell them what they couldn't show on the stream! Haha. We know who 'wears the pants' in that dev studio.

# 107 videobastard @ 02/11/16 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Commentary, is on the list as having been upgraded. They also mentioned some improvements in the stream.
Not much you can do with the dull matt v voice. Its been time for a change. They need a better lead guy like gary thorne to give the game a more life like presentation.

# 108 Eman5805 @ 02/11/16 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Also LOL at Ramone calling in to tell them what they couldn't show on the stream! Haha. We know who 'wears the pants' in that dev studio.
Also who wears the bra.

# 109 dran1984 @ 02/11/16 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobastard
Did you not hear the same dull matt v commentary in the background in some of the videos released. I was hoping for an upgrade to someone like gary thorne but that is not the case for 16.
Did you not hear in the last 2 streams that they had the announcer audio cut out all together. Did you not hear that the game is still being developed and still a work in progress?

After watching the last couple of streams and seeing various improvements that are coming, I think SCEA deserves the benefit of the doubt they have made improvements.

# 110 Bobhead @ 02/11/16 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
Yeah, they basically said that they had to work with Sony and write their own code to play the MP3's from the hard drive, since the PS4 does not have the ability natively. 6 GB is how much you can import for SotS.

As a fellow software developer, I have tons of respect for the sound guys at Sony San Diego. Having to write your own API's and such for functions that you would other wise use built-in functions for? That can be tons and tons of work for little things, much less something big like basically writing your own MP3 audio player interface. Well done, gentlemen.
Seconded. I'm no dev but I have limited programming experience (and pretty much all CPU languages are the same conceptually), so I can appreciate the difficulty of a task like that.

# 111 ajblithe20 @ 02/11/16 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
That's fine for now, but I hope it does change eventually. If you ever add more owner mode things to franchise, like selling jerseys, It would be cool if these Player 0 jerseys could reflect in the number of jerseys we are actually selling.

Like if Albert Pujols is our best player, he should have more jerseys in the stands than Ryan Theriot or Matt Holliday. If he leaves, Yadier Molina jerseys would increase, so more fans would be wearing his jersey.

I'm stuck in 2011.
I'm glad I read the last line of your post because I was very confused as to why I was hearing Ryan Theriot's name for the first time in 5 years lol

# 112 dran1984 @ 02/11/16 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobastard
Not much you can do with the dull matt v voice. Its been time for a change. They need a better lead guy like gary thorne to give the game a more life like presentation.
Have you ever watched a live game called by Matty V? He's one of the best out there. I love Gary Thorne, but listening to him as the play-by-play guy for the Orioles he gets alot of his stuff wrong. His strong suit is his broadcasting voice.

# 113 CM1014 @ 02/11/16 09:11 PM
Quote:
Yeah, I mean Schwarber is a pretty good sized fella but his belly doesn't hang over like that.

# 114 dran1984 @ 02/11/16 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM1014
Yeah, I mean Schwarber is a pretty good sized fella but his belly doesn't hang over like that.
Same for Chris Davis in past versions. The thing about Schwarber in the stream, his gut is over exaggerated but his swing is on point.

# 115 videobastard @ 02/11/16 09:15 PM
Quote:
Did you not hear in the last 2 streams that they had the announcer audio cut out all together. Did you not hear that the game is still being developed and still a work in progress?

After watching the last couple of streams and seeing various improvements that are coming, I think SCEA deserves the benefit of the doubt they have made improvements.
We have heard before in past years that commentary has been improved only for it to be the same dull experience. As soon as i heard matt v was still in the game i lost hope for 16 in that department.

# 116 WaitTilNextYear @ 02/11/16 09:15 PM
Quote:

I agree. I tend to be somewhere in between the staunch, unblinking supporters and the venomous critics of the devs on this game. I try to be objective. The visuals look pretty much the same to me right now as before (including animations), which is ok because it's WIP. But at the same time, you can tell they've sunk a ton of effort into this edition. There are actually more new bits and pieces than I was expecting and some of it is pretty subtle (where the catcher sets up to receive, the custom bullpen cameras, etc...etc...), but they definitely deserve credit for the effort and for being responsive on things (SOTS, retractable roofs etc..) and for people to withhold total judgment until it's done.

I would say I'm still teetering on account of stat tracking, which is a big deal for me. Once we get more info there, I'll know whether '16 is going to be an A and an 'auto-purchase' or a C+ and a 'might purchase' for me personally.

# 117 Stolm @ 02/11/16 09:18 PM
Quote:
Ya, Josh Donaldson looked really chunky.

# 118 CM1014 @ 02/11/16 09:18 PM
Quote:
Same for Chris Davis in past versions. The thing about Schwarber in the stream, his gut is over exaggerated but his swing is on point.
I was gonna mention that, they nailed his stance, I just want his gut normal. I'm going to be the Cubs in a franchise and little things like that bother me. I'm gonna be annoyed every time he comes to the plate. Hoping I can change his shape.

# 119 Moss44 @ 02/11/16 09:21 PM
Anyone else notice that they had WAR on the list of stats during the roster update section that they were going through?

# 120 videobastard @ 02/11/16 09:23 PM
Quote:
Have you ever watched a live game called by Matty V? He's one of the best out there. I love Gary Thorne, but listening to him as the play-by-play guy for the Orioles he gets alot of his stuff wrong. His strong suit is his broadcasting voice.
The problem is the in game commentary is dreadful. It does not come off like what your hearing when watching a real life broadcast. I can only compare from what i have heard between the two when recorded for video game commentary and its not even close. Gary's voice just has more life to it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.