Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

The MLB The Show 16 Twitch stream has begun, as the team talks about The Little Things, including the return of Sounds of the Show.

UPDATE: For those of you that missed the stream, you can watch the archive here.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 decga @ 02/11/16 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
It's been known Adidas wasn't in. Evoshield, Oakley, and All Star are the new brands. They also expanded on the current gear.
I think Adidas & NB will make in. I never envisioned Oakley and Evoshield making it in. A year at time. They can't give us everything at one time. LOL....

# 122 ShowTyme15 @ 02/11/16 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decga
I think Adidas & NB will make in. I never envisioned Oakley and Evoshield making it in. A year at time. They can't give us everything one time. LOL....
I agree. A year at a time.

# 123 Spokker @ 02/11/16 09:29 PM
Are Fast Play and Hybrid the only two options? Is there a Full option?

# 124 ShowTyme15 @ 02/11/16 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokker
Are Fast Play and Hybrid the only two options? Is there a Full option?
Broadcast is still an option.

Also saw new presentation when Taylor Jungmann came onto the field.

# 125 Spokker @ 02/11/16 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Broadcast is still an option.
Sounds good. Hybrid sounds like a good compromise but I like to play on broadcast and then choose whether I skip depending context like situation and how much time I have.

I wouldn't want to be forced into Hybrid and lose all my cut scenes during future games because I had a bad game where I got frustrated and X'ed through everything.

# 126 kehlis @ 02/11/16 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobastard
We have heard before in past years that commentary has been improved only for it to be the same dull experience. As soon as i heard matt v was still in the game i lost hope for 16 in that department.
Matty V isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

# 127 NDAlum @ 02/11/16 09:39 PM
OS got an early shout out and very happy it was geared towards SOTS.

OSFM + SOTS + QC's + better franchise mode = GOAT

Now I'm just even more anxious to see what happened with franchise...only mode I play. Fingers are crossed that the scouting/draft process was re-vamped!

# 128 videobastard @ 02/11/16 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Well that is not good news if true. But honestly i would not be surprised since he has been used for commentary for as long as i can remember from the ps2 versions.

# 129 Factzzz @ 02/11/16 09:51 PM
I just spent the past couple hours playing the Show 13, and fiddling around with SOTS, i downloaded the 2013 Blue Jays pack from the SOTS section, and it makes a huge difference in overall feel while playing the game. Intro music, different music in the middle of every inning, different music at the end of every inning, music for walks, homers, rbis, batter walkup music, pitcher warmup music, and it's all accurate as well.

Those guys in the sounds of the show section do an amazing job, and now i'm stoked for SOTS this year.

# 130 Factzzz @ 02/11/16 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Fans still all rocking PLAYER 0 jerseys in the stands. Would be nice if that's WIP, but I'd doubt it.
In terms of fans, they allowed them to be able to catch homers and foul balls last year, but i hope in the future, people in the crowd wear actual baseball gloves and the catch looks nice and realistic.

That way they can make an actual presentation of a crowd member catching a ball, and celebrating, or giving it to a kid or something.

# 131 Mabster @ 02/11/16 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Watching the stream now and was able to pause it when they had 'Hybrid Presentation' selected. It was described as sort of a smart broadcast mode that learns what presentation elements you tend to button mash through and reduces the frequency of those presentation elements in the future.
So it'll learn I don't need to see a close up of the pitcher after every pitch? Awesome!

# 132 HozAndMoose @ 02/11/16 10:01 PM
Here is the YouTube link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD5sn3O9cYk

# 133 Knight165 @ 02/11/16 10:05 PM
Curious about DYNAMIC quick shifts.....

Also about the additions/changes to the radio show.

M.K.
Knight165

# 134 Bobhead @ 02/11/16 10:16 PM
The precision input thing is obviously hard to judge when I'm just watching someone else play... but based on the type of contact I saw, and the corresponding swing/pitch feedback (and the comments by SCEA about it) it seems like it will be a great improvement.

Especially for me since I'm a stickler for proper contact and hit types. Hopefully I won't have to make any more threads about line drive percentages!

# 135 JaFFiTh @ 02/11/16 10:21 PM
I'm loving the new roster/edit screen. U can see the players while scrolling thru the roster, love it! (wearing current uniforms puts the cherry on top!)

One thing I noticed... Colby Rasmus still has the fake beard from 2 years ago! It has to go! I'm glad he's not on the Jays anymore so I don't have to be annoyed while playing with him lol.

Looks like a good.... nah.. awesome game coming our way, looking forward to the release day!

# 136 dran1984 @ 02/11/16 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaFFiTh
I'm loving the new roster/edit screen. U can see the players while scrolling thru the roster, love it! (wearing current uniforms puts the cherry on top!)

One thing I noticed... Colby Rasmus still has the fake beard from 2 years ago! It has to go! I'm glad he's not on the Jays anymore so I don't have to be annoyed while playing with him lol.

Looks like a good.... nah.. awesome game coming our way, looking forward to the release day!
Very annoying

# 137 mlblover15 @ 02/11/16 10:33 PM
i just want to take this moment to thank every member of the team, every lawyer and whatever they had to do, souls sold, body parts sold, or taken off... they did it for us...(sounds of the show) we have been crying out for this forever and they took it upon themselves to fight FOR US...

Sony Studios in San Diego California, and your hefty group of lawyers deserve for each one of us on this forum to buy you each a beer..... we can't thank you enough for the days and months negotiating this on our behalf... so we thank you from the bottom of our hearts...

# 138 kaptainkarl76 @ 02/11/16 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Thus far..

# 139 bigdipper88 @ 02/11/16 10:46 PM
Looks like Bryant, Russell, Schwarber, Correa, Khris Davis, Gennett all have generic faces and weren't scanned

# 140 Mabster @ 02/11/16 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdipper88
Looks like Bryant, Russell, Schwarber, Correa, Khris Davis, Gennett all have generic faces and weren't scanned
Work In Progress

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.