Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

The MLB The Show 16 Twitch stream has begun, as the team talks about The Little Things, including the return of Sounds of the Show.

UPDATE: For those of you that missed the stream, you can watch the archive here.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 kehlis @ 02/12/16 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
All of the guys were in ST last year and everyone knew they would be called up very soon. I'm pretty sure they already got scanned. As for Bryant and Schwarber they have there personal stances and swings as well.

I also noticed Machado and Gausman have improved scans this year.
Regardless of projected call up dates can someone be scanned if they aren't yet part of the MLBPA?

Honest question because I don't know.

# 162 dran1984 @ 02/12/16 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Regardless of projected call up dates can someone be scanned if they aren't yet part of the MLBPA?

Good question. I think I heard them mention before that they did scan rookies before they debuted for upcoming versions, but i could be wrong.

# 163 sydrogerdavid @ 02/12/16 12:14 AM
Quote:

The most success we've ever seen from a commentary team was actually a fictitious team.
Tim and Jim from MLB Slugfest?

# 164 ShowTyme15 @ 02/12/16 12:16 AM
Quote:

I think they can scan anyone in camp that is willing to it. It's not manditory though. They just can't add a player with a scan in that isn't part of the MLBPA. There was an article on this 2 years ago about scanning players in camp. They also mentioned in a stream last year they scanned players that were minor leaguers or rookies in camp. It's no guarantee they got every rookie or vetern added last year. Maybe Ramone can clarify?

# 165 WaitTilNextYear @ 02/12/16 12:31 AM
Quote:
All of the guys were in ST last year and everyone knew they would be called up very soon. I'm pretty sure they already got scanned. As for Bryant and Schwarber they have there personal stances and swings as well.

I also noticed Machado and Gausman have improved scans this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
They scan anyone in camp that is willing to do i thought. It's not manditory. They just can't add a player with a scan in that isn't part of the MLBPA. There was an article on this 2 years ago about scanning players in camp. They also mentioned in a stream last year they scanned players that were minor leaguers or rookies in camp. It's no guarantee they got every rookie or vetern added last year.
Whether they have the scans or not is immaterial if they can't use them. The fact is the face scans are, have been, and most likely will be 1+ year behind the player debuts due to development cycle and licensing issues.

It's also a completely different issue having "Prospect Stance X" in the game that happens to kinda look like Bryant's stance and actually putting his likeness in the game and labeling it as said player.

Quote:
I think pointing out some of the errors or things that should be fixed may be helpful at this point. The devs read the forum and might have time to make a fix, If not there is no harm in trying to assist.
I agree 100%. The problem is that the conversation becomes partisan at times (it is an election year, lol) with people a bit too quick to go negative on the game and other people a bit too quick to play 'knight in shining armor' and come to the defense of the game.

MY issue is when OS'ers have a legitimate gripe and they get plowed over by snarky comments and "WIP," "dude, WIP", and "ghost ride the WIP" etc..We know the devs can't fix everything and pointing out errors and shortcomings, if done in a grown up way, is actually essential in moving the game forward. If everyone gets lazy, congratulatory, and complacent, then there's less awareness about where improvements can be made. I mean, in the dev stream just today, they even gave OS a shout out basically for whining about SOTS which influenced their decision to add it back. If everyone's just saying "great job" and "you guys are the best!" to them all the time, it actually doesn't do them much good at all.

# 166 jmaj315 @ 02/12/16 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
No, because scanned during Spring Training '16 means they don't get in until MLBTS 17. They are about 1 year behind due to the dev cycle...they can't frantically go scanning everyone in Feb/March and have enough time to finalize the visual 'assets' and meet a 3/29 release deadline.

So there's hope for '17, but very little for '16 if you want face scans for rookies from last year. My understanding is...

2015 - Player debuts in MLB
2016 ST - Ramone et al hunts player down in AZ or FL and tosses into face scanner
2017 - Face scan appears triumphantly in game
Right! Forgot about that

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

# 167 piffbernd @ 02/12/16 01:01 AM
WAR is in the game, wow.

# 168 Mabster @ 02/12/16 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas2345
Can Sounds of The Show be used online?
SoTS is attached and saved to local rosters. I don't play online but it uses online standard rosters right? Those won't have sounds attached to them.

# 169 Houston @ 02/12/16 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Train moves in Houston after a HR.

Dave Roberts made it in as the Dodgers manager.
It moved in 15.

# 170 Houston @ 02/12/16 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM1014
Does anyone know if you can edit player's size inside the game? I'd like to cut back on Schwarber's gut a tad. He looks like he weighs about 350 in his AB.
Not on a real player you cant edit body type currently but could be on MLB 16 not sure. This is why I provide a height and weight change list after launch to get some of these fixed.

# 171 Speedy @ 02/12/16 01:39 AM
Wonder what other equipment is in the game that they mentioned couldn't be shown on the stream?

Hmm...

Dare I say that we can see road/hone jerseys?

# 172 Motown @ 02/12/16 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdipper88
Looks like Bryant, Russell, Schwarber, Correa, Khris Davis, Gennett all have generic faces and weren't scanned
If they're not scanned, I'll be all over 'em.

# 173 Houston @ 02/12/16 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaFFiTh
I'm loving the new roster/edit screen. U can see the players while scrolling thru the roster, love it! (wearing current uniforms puts the cherry on top!)

One thing I noticed... Colby Rasmus still has the fake beard from 2 years ago! It has to go! I'm glad he's not on the Jays anymore so I don't have to be annoyed while playing with him lol.

Looks like a good.... nah.. awesome game coming our way, looking forward to the release day!
Yeah its gonna kill me LOL He had longer curly hair during playoffs and reminded us astros fans of.....

# 174 knich @ 02/12/16 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
That's not changing
Just curious..why not?

# 175 Houston @ 02/12/16 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotter
Ohhh, okay. So it'll be kinda like what we had with user-created faces from last year's OSFM, but created by SCEA instead. I'm okay with that as long as we finally have the real life picture. It's one of the reasons I'm going to start a new Cubs franchise instead of carrying over. That and cause I killed the CPU on trades back in MLB 14 so my team had gotten way too good.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
If you continue your season from 15 to 16 if your players on your roster your using in your current 15 season was official SCEA roster update guys they will get there 2016 photo and face scan if they have it, but if your 2015 current season roster is like OSFM or custom that whoever made the players didn't use the official SCEA players from there updates and made the player from scratch they will not have a photo or a scan face.

Keep in mind if the player created was a official SCEA roster updated added player he would need to be on his 2016 team in order to get the photo. Example is if Kris Bryant is from SCEA official roster update he will have a CUBS photo in your transferred season, but if u put him on any other team then its a generic and also if you did not get Kris Bryant from a official SCEA roster update it will also be generic.

# 176 BlacknBlue @ 02/12/16 02:05 AM
Thrilled to have sots back! Not thrilled that relief pitchers still drop their gloves when entering games.

# 177 Dynasty Legend 99 @ 02/12/16 02:18 AM
I feel bad that they unintentionally revealed the soundtrack but I guess it was bound to come out sooner rather than later..

# 178 dran1984 @ 02/12/16 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty Legend 99
I feel bad that they unintentionally revealed the soundtrack but I guess it was bound to come out sooner rather than later..
When did that happen? What they used in the stream was music they imported. Not the soundtrack.

# 179 eric7064 @ 02/12/16 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
If they're not scanned, I'll be all over 'em.
Don't see why they wouldn't have Bryant. If I remember correctly they scanned him Spring of last year. The others make sense since they werent called up until later.

# 180 Playboy™ @ 02/12/16 03:29 AM
Does this mean Gary Sanchez & Greg Bird didn't get scanned ?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.