Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

IGN is currently live streaming MLB The Show 16 with Ramone Russell.

UPDATE: The archive is here, for those that missed it.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 dran1984 @ 02/19/16 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Which one do you guys like better?
one on the right

# 142 HustlinOwl @ 02/19/16 10:49 AM
"Inside Edge" in all online modes, so ONLINE FRANCHISE?? If so very interesting. 1:18:22

# 143 tnixen @ 02/19/16 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
Oh and during that homer in Wrigley please add a suitable animation when the outfielder jumps but can't catch the ball and it's a homerun. Now he still swithes to a "ready" stance, pretty awkward.

Great catch a small thing but a few new better animations for the outfielder after trying to rob a home run would be nice

I am guessing to late for 16 though.

# 144 Hilman11 @ 02/19/16 11:07 AM
Quote:
Which one do you guys like better?

I like the one on the right as you can see more of the field without it being blacked out completely. However the dark backround helps seeing the pitcher selection a little better.

I wonder how it would look with the clear backround but maybe have a small black backround just behind the pitcher selections?
I like the variety! Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't we eliminate this completely? I used Armor's "true clean screen approach" on MLB15.

# 145 Blzer @ 02/19/16 11:16 AM
Honestly, I'm geeking out over the radial attributes look.

# 146 cbrown119 @ 02/19/16 11:23 AM
The game is looking great! So many improvements for such a short cycle. The devs seems to try their best to fulfill the community's wishes. Can't ask for anything better than that!

I feel kinda sorry for that guy who has an Xbox and asked if The Show would/could ever be on that system...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

# 147 tnixen @ 02/19/16 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
I wonder what in the heck this means.
It means it's not just the 3 different scorebugs. There will also be 3 different batter walk up stat overlays and so on and so on

I wonder how they decided which team gets which stat overlay presentation?

# 148 Blzer @ 02/19/16 11:26 AM
On the other hand, now that I'm watching the stream, I never even tried the directional hitting in 15, but much like MVP and the later 2K games, I'm not seeing the lust over it. I could go on and on about the issues I have with it, and I really do hear what people say in defense of it, but I will stick with Zone (where I can't see the PCI).

# 149 Denzel Washington @ 02/19/16 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
"Inside Edge" in all online modes, so ONLINE FRANCHISE?? If so very interesting. 1:18:22

Probably not. Inside edge is supposed to affect the players based on what is going in actual baseball. Inside edge doesn't make sense in something like online franchise where you are playing out your own independent season

# 150 MetsFanInPA @ 02/19/16 11:41 AM
Hey Ramone.. Great work as always on this year's game. I noticed that the Mets catcher's mask is black. Is there a way we can change the colors to blue and orange?

# 151 HarlemYankee @ 02/19/16 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playboy™
I hope they got the new changes in. Would be cool if they added the new LED lights. Supposedly the Yankee Stadium™ Sign lights up in LED too.
Yeah, they just added all of them. They finished putting the "Yankee Stadium" lettering two days ago. It looks very nice. And even though it's just a huge advertisement, the Delta sign looks pretty as well.

# 152 thaSLAB @ 02/19/16 11:47 AM
Quote:
It means it's not just the 3 different scorebugs. There will also be 3 different batter walk up stat overlays and so on and so on

I wonder how they decided which team gets which stat overlay presentation?
I won't answer right now, but that's a good question for the presentation stream. I'm sure it'll be explained anyway, but just in case...

Sent from my HTC One [M8] Marshmallow 6.0 | Tapatalk

# 153 bigmike0077 @ 02/19/16 11:59 AM
I have not got to watch the streams yet,

quick question about weather, for modes like Franchise, will we still be able to change the weather options like in 15'?

# 154 Cowboy008 @ 02/19/16 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike0077
I have not got to watch the streams yet,

quick question about weather, for modes like Franchise, will we still be able to change the weather options like in 15'?
Probably won't be able to find that out until the franchise stream which is in a few weeks.

# 155 Factzzz @ 02/19/16 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybaybay618
I think the biggest problem that never got addressed last year was the bug with batting stances and swing types. If you change a player's swing type in MLB 15, it defaults that player's load and practice swing to generic animations. With all the new swing types this year, I'm gonna be going through the rosters and editing swing types to make my rosters as true to life as possible, and if the same bug still exists then it'll really spoil the game for me. If it hasn't been addressed yet, hopefully this comment gets read by someone up top and taken into consideration. It doesn't seem like it'd be that hard of a fix.

Yeah, i've mentioned this a few times, i don't think they have any plans on fixing this.

Last year was the first year it was an issue, and when it was brought up, I believe it was Russell_SCEA mentioned that it was intended to work this way from the start when they first implemented it, and they finally fixed it last year.

But i don't understand why it took 2 or 3 years to "fix" it then, and in reality, it really breaks the batting stance editor tying the two together.

I think it might have had something to do with adding the Japanese style and slap style swings into the game last year.

Anyhow, i hope it's something that is fixed as well, otherwise in a lot of cases it won't make sense to change any follow throughs.

# 156 ajblithe20 @ 02/19/16 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Yeah, i've mentioned this a few times, i don't think they have any plans on fixing this.

Last year was the first year it was an issue, and when it was brought up, I believe it was Russell_SCEA mentioned that it was intended to work this way from the start when they first implemented it, and they finally fixed it last year.

But i don't understand why it took 2 or 3 years to "fix" it then, and in reality, it really breaks the batting stance editor tying the two together.

I think it might have had something to do with adding the Japanese style and slap style swings into the game last year.

Anyhow, i hope it's something that is fixed as well, otherwise in a lot of cases it won't make sense to change any follow throughs.
I remember this.. I believe he said it had something to do with animations being tied together.

It makes a little sense if changing the swing type affects the stride. But there didn't seem to be any issues before when we could change things without them affecting other parts of the batting stances. And I don't see how swing types could affect practice swings in any way, they're unrelated.

# 157 NAFBUC @ 02/19/16 01:02 PM
Quote:
BOOM!!!

Career player Stats finally!!!

# 158 Factzzz @ 02/19/16 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
I remember this.. I believe he said it had something to do with animations being tied together.

It makes a little sense if changing the swing type affects the stride. But there didn't seem to be any issues before when we could change things without them affecting other parts of the batting stances. And I don't see how swing types could affect practice swings in any way, they're unrelated.
Yeah i don't really understand it either, i was just basing the assumption solely on the fact that everything in the batting stance editor worked fine, until they added new swing types.

# 159 sandmac @ 02/19/16 01:07 PM
This is STILL Jose Abreu's appearance in the game?! The guy was Rookie of the Year. C'mon guys. That's unacceptable especially for Livingston the "White Sox" fan.

# 160 ryanmc564 @ 02/19/16 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmac
This is STILL Jose Abreu's appearance in the game?! The guy was Rookie of the Year. C'mon guys. That's unacceptable especially for Livingston the "White Sox" fan.

I don't see the problem. what's wrong with him?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.