Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K has just released their NBA 2K16 trade deadline roster update, which includes all of the recent trades that happened in the league, some of them listed below.
  • Tobias Harris, Donatas Motiejunas, Marcus Thornton to Detroit Pistons
  • Brandon Jennings and Ersan Ilyasova to Orlando Magic
  • Courtney Lee to Charlotte Hornets
  • Lance Stephenson, P.J. Hairston, Chris Andersen to Memphis Grizzlies
  • Channing Frye to Cleveland Cavaliers
  • Randy Foye to Oklahoma City
  • D.J. Augustin, Steve Novak to Denver Nuggets
  • Markieff Morris to Washington Wizards
  • DeJuan Blair, Kris Humphries to Phoenix Suns
  • Jeff Green to Los Angeles Clippers
  • Shelvin Mack to Utah Jazz
  • Kirk Hinrich to Atlanta Hawks
Here are some other notable updates.

GOING UP
  • Kyrie Irving +1 (87)
  • Kawhi Leonard +1 (91)
  • Mike Conley +1 (83)
  • Nikola Vucevic +1 (82)
  • Bradley Beal +1 (81)
  • Darren Collison +1 (81)
  • Chandler Parsons +1 (80)
  • Nicolas Batum +1 (80)
GOING DOWN
  • C.J. McCollum -1 (84)
  • DeAndre Jordan -1 (84)
  • Danilo Gallinari -1 (81)
  • J.J. Redick -1 (79)
  • Jeff Green -1 (78)
  • Jeff Teague -1 (78)
Each roster update contains accessory and team color changes.

To see a more detailed breakdown of the roster update, which includes individual attribute updates, head on over to 2KMTC.

Let us know what you are seeing!

NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 bedwardsroy19 @ 02/24/16 11:36 AM
Just to add some basic additional insight on the difference in the rating between the two players, one of which was returning from a broken kneecap:

Here are some stats from February:
Rose:

Irving (per game are slightly off because he left the OKC game after 9 minutes due to bed bugs):

Its really easy to cherry pick stats, or look at too small a sample size to support an opinion. With all of that said, Derrick Rose has played very well his past 3 games and without question has improved as the season has gone on. If that continues his rating will certainly go up.

# 42 Real2KInsider @ 02/24/16 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
I knew Rashidi was gonna blow this thread up with a vengeance!

I think he deserves a boost but a very VERY slight boost. I'm speaking ignorantly as I don't know which attributes should be increased. Possibly mid-range, bank badge and passing vision?

However Rose does need to be more consistent before people are yelling at the top of their lungs he's on Uncle drew's level..
The only rating of his that should be going up are his Close shot ratings. There are plenty that could go down. The irony is 2K keeps his "Shot IQ" buffed (a bonafide joke at 96) so more people won't cry about his OVR (which is why he has a higher rating despite worse numbers than a lot of starting PGs - Jeff Teague and Ricky Rubio come to mind).

Quote:
Its really easy to cherry pick stats, or look at too small a sample size to support an opinion. With all of that said, Derrick Rose has played very well his past 3 games and without question has improved as the season has gone on. If that continues his rating will certainly go up.
It should be noted Rose is averaging more Points solely because Jimmy Butler is out of the lineup.

# 43 TalenT @ 02/24/16 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
OMG GUYZ

Doug McDermott should be at least an 80 Overall

Just look at his stats!

Over his last 5 games: 16.0 PPG, 58 FG%, 50 3PT%, 100 FT%, 29 MPG

That's incredible! It makes me forget about his first 49 games in which he averaged 8.0 PPG on 43% shooting. Why? BECAUSE I'M A PRISONER OF THE MOMENT THATS WHY!
Did the Bulls beat your team countless times in the 90s or somethin'? Lol #TheRoseHaterReturns

BTW Those are pretty good stats for Doug. Stats bump should be on the way!

# 44 TalenT @ 02/24/16 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
Rofl it's pretty comical the amount of jumping through hoops cherry picking that Rose stans will go through. Rotfl at rating a player based on his last five games. Try that out for the rest of the NBA if you want a good laugh. It's a request for special, preferential treatment, and nothing more.
Lol Who said that? Now, increasing an attribute or two based on the last 5 games? Now we're talking.

# 45 ksuttonjr76 @ 02/24/16 12:57 PM
People are really fighting to get back superstar Derrick Rose...

# 46 jeebs9 @ 02/24/16 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I know when I first say this thread. I knew one thing. Rashidi would take of any doubts I had lol

# 47 MoneyOvaHuds @ 02/24/16 01:54 PM
Doug mcdermott's FT could use fixing , it's at a 75 and he's shooting 85 on the season

# 48 TalenT @ 02/24/16 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Why do people keep misunderstanding? Nobody said that. As a Bulls fan it's hard to sit back and watch him, unjustifiably get decreased. Nobody's saying "superstar" attritbutes. Hell, he could stay the same rating and I'd be fine. He keeps getting lowered and he's playing WELL. That's the ONLY thing we're saying. Maybe if it was one of the stars on your team you'd understand.

# 49 redsox4evur @ 02/24/16 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalenT
Why do people keep misunderstanding? Nobody said that. As a Bulls fan it's hard to sit back and watch him, unjustifiably get decreased. Nobody's saying "superstar" attritbutes. Hell, he could stay the same rating and I'd be fine. He keeps getting lowered and he's playing WELL. That's the ONLY thing we're saying. Maybe if it was one of the stars on your team you'd understand.
https://twitter.com/notarolemodei/st...06845037273088

Pretty sure this guy is asking for SS Rose back...

# 50 TalenT @ 02/24/16 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur

Lol Maybe he's asking Kyrie to be lowered. He kinda has a point. Similar stats. Shouldn't Kyrie be dropping? Rose is.

# 51 Mbunn1993 @ 02/24/16 02:31 PM
Quote:
Lol Maybe he's asking Kyrie to be lowered. He kinda has a point. Similar stats. Shouldn't Kyrie be dropping? Rose is.
Did you not read Bedwardsroy big post? Stats are similar but the advanced stats show different. He admitted Rose should go up if he keeps playing like he is

# 52 MoneyOvaHuds @ 02/24/16 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur

I for one don't want rose to be boosted unjustly lol he isn't deserving of a 85 or 84 .

But yea like I stated in my big post above Rose gonna have to show more to get a proper boost in ratings . I would say he could use a better layup , standing layup and standing close but that's it .

Attachment 116602

Rose's FG% on drives since Jan 1. would be second only to Blake Griffin across the entire season

Hell Kyrie 26 games before the break was shooting 29% from the 3 . The 3 games after the break he's 40% FG and 36% from 3 . 3 currently 77 standing and 76 moving .

Bron shooting 27% from 3 on the year and has a 71 standing and 69 moving .

Isaiah Thomas from Boston is shooting 34% on the year from 3 In game 78 standing 3 and 78 moving .

But we all aren't dumb we know Kyrie can shoot better than this the thing is we want realism in games we gotta keep it even for everyone as far as shooting goes .

# 53 MoneyOvaHuds @ 02/24/16 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbunn1993
Did you not read Bedwardsroy big post? Stats are similar but the advanced stats show different. He admitted Rose should go up if he keeps playing like he is

Yea he compared them both entire season wise so of course in a full rose season stats look pretty meh .

I think the guy from Twitter was just comparing the stats between rose and Kyrie from the time he debuted . Kyrie debuted on dec 20th , Cavs only played 2 games before the Christmas Day game comparison involving Rose . Now like I said Rose deserves his current rating based on all his games prior to December 25th , prob should be worse lol . I would just like to see the advance stats between both players starting from December 25th until now . That's 29 games , not that bad of a sample size . It's easy to compare the both now season wise , Kyrie stats look better he's had 19 less games to play than Rose . Rose bad play from the start of the season hurts his season totals and rightfully so .

If anything the Twitter guy should have asked for a Kyrie reduction than a Rose boost.

I'm rambling but let's just hope rose keeps playing well because it's good for the league . Nobody is arguing rose should get a huge boost off 5 games or even 10 , well that's not my case . But 29 games ? You have to wonder when he could get some slight upgrade nothing major . I posted what i posted before to show the improvement he's made from a crappy player at the start to a good respectable Player . Season fold yea Rose still not that great but when you dig into the stats you can see why some people are wondering why no slight improvement since his decline that was justified . I think players ratings should prob change significantly every 4-5 weeks based on play but maybe that's too much to ask we can keep going by the season stats .

# 54 bedwardsroy19 @ 02/24/16 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds

I'm rambling but let's just hope rose keeps playing well because it's good for the league . Nobody is arguing rose should get a huge boost off 5 games or even 10 , well that's not my case . But 29 games ? You have to wonder when he could get some slight upgrade nothing major . I posted what i posted before to show the improvement he's made from a crappy player at the start to a good respectable Player . Season fold yea Rose still not that great but when you dig into the stats you can see why some people are wondering why no slight improvement since his decline that was justified . I think players ratings should prob change significantly every 4-5 weeks based on play but maybe that's too much to ask we can keep going by the season stats .
At his lowest point this season, Rose was a 77 (start of January). He has bumped up 2 OVR points in the past month. So an improvement has occurred. As I said, if he continues to play well, he will continue to be on the rise

# 55 MoneyOvaHuds @ 02/24/16 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwardsroy19
At his lowest point this season, Rose was a 77 (start of January). He has bumped up 2 OVR points in the past month. So an improvement has occurred. As I said, if he continues to play well, he will continue to be on the rise

Appreciated response , forgot he was lower than that . I just hope his finishing keeps getting boosted cuz he still jags a lot of close baskets he normally makes having an 80 close . 58% FG on driving to the basket is crazy good for a PG . 25 game sample size.

But happy you made improvements him I wasn't aware that you had this year I've been out of the loop. I just hope he keeps up the good play, apologies .

# 56 TalenT @ 02/24/16 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbunn1993
Ummm but sir, I wasn't responding to Beds. I responded to the tweet. I agree with Beds. Again, I'm ok with Rose's ratings as is. I just don't think he should go down. If you look at the latest rating update for him he had some stats go down. Makes no sense.

# 57 Real2KInsider @ 02/24/16 06:12 PM
Quote:
Compare Kyrie's stats to Damian Lillard's (or even Isaiah Thomas) and tell me he should still go down.

Rose has gone up over the past 2 months, not down.

# 58 Real2KInsider @ 02/24/16 06:42 PM
I think Vince Carter should be at least 78 OVR again, just look at his stats

Last 3 games: 14.0 PPG, 4.7 RPG, 48 FG%, 38 3PT%, 91 FT%, 26 MPG

Clearly Vinsanity is back! The other 34 games he played (not including 18 DNP-CDs) where he averaged 3.9 PPG on 35% shooting simply shouldn't count. Why not? Because wouldn't it be so freakin dynamic?

# 59 Real2KInsider @ 02/24/16 07:00 PM
I know Paul Millsap was an all-star this year and everything but CLEARLY those days are behind him.

Last 12 games
Millsap: 14.8 PPG, 8.1 RPG, 32 MPG, 41 FG%
Randle: 13.7 PPG, 11.8 RPG, 31 MPG, 48 FG%

Conversely can we get Julius Randle's rating up to 80+? The 8.8 PPG on 35% shooting he averaged over his previous 22 games was the definition of an aberration, don't you guys know anything?

# 60 Real2KInsider @ 02/24/16 07:35 PM
Last 12 games
Jeff Teague (78 OVR): 17.5 PPG, 5.7 APG, 1.6 SPG, 50 FG%, 44 3PT%, 28 MPG
Derrick Rose (79 OVR): 19.5 PPG, 5.0 APG, 0.6 SPG, 44 FG%, 35 3PT%, 32 MPG

Wait damn hold up this doesn't fit my narrative, gimme a sec

Last 3 games
Jeff Teague (78 OVR): 14.7 PPG, 6.0 APG, 47 FG%, 33 3PT%
Derrick Rose (79 OVR): 26.0 PPG, 4.7 APG, 57 FG%, 50 3PT%, 33 MPG

Man this is some BS! Look at the historical context!

Last 5 games
Damian Lillard (87 OVR): 35.8 PPG, 6.0 APG, 50 FG%, 44 3PT%. 37 MPG
Stephen Curry (97 OVR): 30.2 PPG, 52 FG%, 47 3PT%, 33 MPG

Damn man 2K is on some BS lately! Looking at Curry's rating I would have thought he was averaging 50 PPG in his recent games but I guess I was wrong!(?) It should be obvious that Lillard is better than Curry when you look at his PPG stat over this extended period. Please make this change 2K, you are showing favoritism! Don't block me though when I incessantly tweet you about my treasure trove of high level findings!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.