Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

We just received 20 new MLB The Show 16 screenshots. Check them all out here and let us know what you think!

MLB The Show 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB The Show 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB The Show 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB The Show 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 kehlis @ 02/20/16 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MythicalGnome
I sincerely hope this is the last year we deal with these garbage models and the entire damn system they are based on. I'm just tired of the players having so many issues. I'm pretty much okay with how they are getting better and better with fields and stadiums and lighting, as well the features for all the modes.
Honest question since you said you're "pretty much okay with" with other additions.

If they spent a year and worked on nothing but player models and everything else you mentioned above and nothing else would you be here posting about how happy you were or would you find something else that went untouched to complain about?

# 62 MetsFan16 @ 02/20/16 03:01 PM
These images are incredible. Textures look million times better. deGrom's hair looks real.

But I'm a little disappointed with Citi Field. The scoreboard in center has some display as it did last year also the right center field fence isn't all chain link anymore its half padded and half chain link.

Don't know if stadiums are locked and completed or if there's still time to get this fix in.

# 63 Russell_SCEA @ 02/20/16 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
These images are incredible. Textures look million times better. deGrom's hair looks real.

But I'm a little disappointed with Citi Field. The scoreboard in center has some display as it did last year also the right center field fence isn't all chain link anymore its half padded and half chain link.

Don't know if stadiums are locked and completed or if there's still time to get this fix in.
Do you have any reference photos?

# 64 Drew127 @ 02/20/16 04:20 PM
I've noticed that at Camden Yards, the backdrop behind the tunnels to the concourse in the upper deck is dark. They aren't transparent. For example, for the upper deck in LF, you should be able to see through the tunnels and the sky/sunlight/buildings behind the stadium should be visible.

This looks good on the lower deck, but not the upper deck. A minor thing but I've noticed it for years. If this could be fixed it would be great!

Also at Camden, the overhead portion of the tunnels are now painted orange.

Below are three reference photos.

First for the transparency that would be nice to see in the game:

And a reference showing the orange paint on the tunnels:

Finally, a reference of the lack of transparency that you see in the game (notice the darkness behind the tunnels in the upper deck):

# 65 MetsFan16 @ 02/20/16 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Do you have any reference photos?
On the scoreboard, the lineups to the right switch to the home and away team depending on who's batting. Also, the bottom right has the time and temperature.

Thanks Ramone!

# 66 MrOldboy @ 02/20/16 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
I guess they didn't fix the bug where left handed batters have their helmet earflaps switch sides when they reach base?

I know it's WIP, but this bug has been in the game forever. It annoys me so much and I'm tired of having to write the same bug report every year.

Nice eye. When I heard someone mention this a while back I just assumed it would get fixed easily. Glad someone caught it.

In reference to the sweat and dirt "clumps" or whatever they are ...I feel this has been an issue with sports games forever. It's enticing for devs to add in little "realism" things visually like this, but fans maybe not really being into those visual flair things added in. I remember people flipping out at when NBA games got "real" sweat. Then when the game came out everyone wanted it turned off or toned down since it was a bit much. The sweat and changing dirt during games are great ideas I think to add a little something extra visually, but I get why people dislike them. Sweat should only show up when the temperature reaches a certain level and later in games. I'd also agree that the dirt clumps should probably go and be replaced with just the dirt getting messed on the surface level. I don't notice them that much in game, but in screenshots I get why people dislike them.

# 67 countryboy @ 02/20/16 04:47 PM
This game looks absolutely gorgeous.

# 68 ajblithe20 @ 02/20/16 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Honest question since you said you're "pretty much okay with" with other additions.

If they spent a year and worked on nothing but player models and everything else you mentioned above and nothing else would you be here posting about how happy you were or would you find something else that went untouched to complain about?

Not to answer for him but... I'm always very happy with The Show and play it constantly. It's always fun and immersive. The problem he's mentioning is that every other graphical part of the game has been worked on. The player models haven't been changed. They made a nice improvement with different running styles around the bases, but the player models are not good and I think it's fair to say that.

I, for one, will never not the buy the game over one thing not being updated, and I'll always enjoy it. But player models are definitely overdue for a change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 69 Playboy™ @ 02/20/16 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
On the scoreboard, the lineups to the right switch to the home and away team depending on who's batting. Also, the bottom right has the time and temperature.

Thanks Ramone!
I think I went to the same game as that top picture you posted

# 70 Jolly Roger @ 02/20/16 07:49 PM
I wonder how time consuming and difficult it would be for them to completely rip out the current player models from the code and install new ones. Hopefully the fact that the current player models have been in the game for so long doesn't mean that replacing them would cause all sorts of deep-rooted issues with other aspects of the game code.

I've been wanting a completely different player creation system for years; hopefully this is something that can be looked at next year. As it currently stands, they've taken care of so much else, (much to their credit!), so I can't think of any other massive changes that need to be made at this point. Getting ever closer to perfection!

# 71 Stolm @ 02/20/16 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger
I wonder how time consuming and difficult it would be for them to completely rip out the current player models from the code and install new ones. Hopefully the fact that the current player models have been in the game for so long doesn't mean that replacing them would cause all sorts of deep-rooted issues with other aspects of the game code.

I've been wanting a completely different player creation system for years; hopefully this is something that can be looked at next year. As it currently stands, they've taken care of so much else, (much to their credit!), so I can't think of any other massive changes that need to be made at this point. Getting ever closer to perfection!
Pretty sure that's exactly the reason why.

I don't think they could do it very easily, and I don't even think they will try at first.

I expect they will try to modify them and see what they can get out of them visually so they can keep all the animations intact.

I don't think we will see totally new models from the ground up for a few years.

# 72 Russell_SCEA @ 02/20/16 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger

Nope it's the exact opposite changing them means the entire animation core no longer works. But we aren't talking about next year or the future. I'll just say that body type diversity and granularity is high on our list for 17, but that's not an indication of diddly. That's about all we'll say on the topic for now. We will continue to move forward with our process just like we did from the first year of PS3 until now. So far we've done ok by following that plan.

# 73 tessl @ 02/20/16 08:31 PM
Thanks for the pictures. I only play franchise - what mode is Matchup rating? It looks like turmoil.

# 74 Stolm @ 02/20/16 08:41 PM
Quote:
Nope it's the exact opposite changing them means the entire animation core no longer works. But we aren't talking about next year or the future. I'll just say that body type diversity and granularity is high on our list for 17, but that's not an indication of diddly. That's about all we'll say on the topic for now. We will continue to move forward with our process just like we did from the first year of PS3 until now. So far we've done ok by following that plan.
Well, there we go.

# 75 tnixen @ 02/21/16 11:05 AM
Quote:
But can the number on the back be moved higher up on jerseys without names and can the sweat be removed from the hats and old time baggy paints look and also can cloth physics (2K style) be added without completely brand new player models though?

# 76 LastActionHero @ 02/21/16 11:40 AM
I'm already happy when the bulky players don't look like they have a pillow under their jersey [emoji4]

# 77 Spokker @ 02/21/16 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
I'm already happy when the bulky players don't look like they have a pillow under their jersey [emoji4]
I hope they kept the pillow bodies for Bartolo Colon.

# 78 Spokker @ 02/21/16 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
But can the number on the back be moved higher up on jerseys without names and can the sweat be removed from the hats and can cloth physics (2K style) be added without completely brand new player models though?
Does an MLB game really need cloth physics? NBA 2K needs it because the jerseys move around so much that it's an iconic part of basketball, but except for the MLB players who insist on looking like slobs, a baseball uniform should fit pretty well.

Cloth physics would be a neat addition, but is it a priority?

# 79 tnixen @ 02/21/16 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokker
Does an MLB game really need cloth physics? NBA 2K needs it because the jerseys move around so much that it's an iconic part of basketball, but except for the MLB players who insist on looking like slobs, a baseball uniform should fit pretty well.

No it is not a priority but it would be cool to have the jerseys move on games with a lot of wind.

# 80 Factzzz @ 02/21/16 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokker

Cloth physics itself, i wouldn't say is a priority, but seeing as how stadiums and environment have seemingly been the main priority graphics wise since the Show moved to ps4, it's probably time player models are the number one priority.

And cloth physics is a big component when it comes to player models. Players differentiate in the way they wear their uniforms heavily. Some examples

Spoiler

All the material will hang differently and give player models actual uniqueness. I'm assuming this level of detail would be hard to implement though, but something i hope can be incorporated.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.