Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

GameInformer has posted a new MLB The Show 16 video with Ramone Russell. They discuss many of the new features in the game, including franchise, player morale and much more. Check it out and post your thoughts!

Thanks for the tip, Grant Thomas!

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 MrOldboy @ 02/19/16 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
See, I'm the polar opposite. I absolutely LOVE the day to day details, and horribly miss all of the things that have been ripped out of the game the last few years. This adds another cool layer of depth and more challenge. The only thing I'm worried about would be players who are during their first three years of team control being upset with their pay.
That would be great IMO if they were things that made sense and that were in your control. This system looks to be partially out of your control which makes engaging with it seem like just an arbitrary task that must be done so your players ratings don't take a hit compared to the rest of the league.

For instance you can't control a player's contract once they are signed. So great I signed Kris Bryant to a nice 7 year deal after 2016, but oh great now he is unhappy because he thinks he should earn more and his ratings are now affected by me being a good GM. Compatriot? So every player now has their happiness tied to if they have a compatriot on their team or not. I know where you are coming from and I also sort of miss setting soda prices, but tying the ratings to things like this I just don't like. Tie it to your GM rating or ability to sign players, but not the ratings. In the end I hope it is insignificant. Felix got 2 pts overall, but I wonder what a player with all happy or unhappy will get. I like the idea of adding in morale, but for other GM linked things besides the players' skills.

Tying ratings bonus to salary is the one that confuses me the most though. I'm pretty sure Anthony Rizzo isn't performing as well because he signed a team friendly extension. Unless they add in re-negotiations and contract extensions.

# 22 gharp14 @ 02/19/16 11:43 PM
Really hoping career stats includes awards won

# 23 CujoMatty @ 02/19/16 11:49 PM
I hope I don't get Eric Trout in diamond dynasty he sounds crappy.

# 24 Lovesports @ 02/20/16 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gharp14
Really hoping career stats includes awards won
+1

That would be a dream come true

# 25 Smallville102001 @ 02/20/16 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

GameInformer has posted a new MLB The Show 16 video with Ramone Russell. They discuss many of the new features in the game, including franchise, player morale and much more. Check it out and post your thoughts!

Thanks for the tip, Grant Thomas!

Nice I thought we where not going to get any info about franchise mode in till march stream. So far we know about moral and better stat tracking and that is a nice start. Looking forward to hearing about more of franchise mode.

# 26 Russell_SCEA @ 02/20/16 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
Nice I thought we where not going to get any info about franchise mode in till march stream. So far we know about moral and better stat tracking and that is a nice start. Looking forward to hearing about more of franchise mode.
You weren't supposed to until then someone jumped the gun.

# 27 Smallville102001 @ 02/20/16 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA

Oh while are we going to hear a lot about franchise mode still with there being 2 different days for it on the stream thing? You guys did a lot to franchise mode this year didn't you?

# 28 Eman5805 @ 02/20/16 12:49 AM
Interesting. Looks like the player pics show emotion. I have to assume that ties directly with the player's morale. You'll see some mean mugs for a disgruntled star on a losing team with a shoddy coaching staff, me thinks.

And I also saw something about a player liking being close to home.

Does this mean like how you can choose a foreign country, you can choose a hometown? Like I can make a player from New Orleans or something? Will that come into play if a player from a certain town plays there either in the majors or minors? Like hear the announcing team reference it or here cheering from the crowd?

# 29 WaitTilNextYear @ 02/20/16 12:57 AM
Quote:
Oh yeah? So Game Informer posted the video too early?

At least with OS seeing it early, you guys also get some early feedback. Might be useful in some last minute tweaks.

# 30 Russell_SCEA @ 02/20/16 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
Oh while are we going to hear a lot about franchise mode still with there being 2 different days for it on the stream thing? You guys did a lot to franchise mode this year didn't you?

Thereally was never two stream days for franchise. If you don't see the Twitch icon next to something on the schedule that's a developer video blog.

# 31 bronxbombers21325 @ 02/20/16 01:18 AM
Quote:
Someone is in trouble.

# 32 Smallville102001 @ 02/20/16 01:38 AM
Quote:
Thereally was never two stream days for franchise. If you don't see the Twitch icon next to something on the schedule that's a developer video blog.

Oh so 1 developer blog and 1 stream then?

# 33 ch46647 @ 02/20/16 07:08 AM
Loving the new batting camera! This may go down as one of the greatest batting cameras in videogame history.

Question- Were any adjustments/improvements made to Quick Counts this year?

# 34 Jeffrey Smith @ 02/20/16 07:21 AM
Will having Papelbon on your team lower everyones morale...

# 35 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 02/20/16 10:06 AM
Ramone if you're reading this, you guys should remove the speed/steal rating icon that shows up when a runner is on base. It covers up the base runner & we can't see him. Also just another suggestion, you guys should consider on the fly substitutions & adjustments ala NBA 2K so that we don't have to keep pausing the game to make changes. It really interrupts the flow of the game when u have to keep pausing it. You could map these commands to the D pad. This would help streamline the game & everything would be seamless.

# 36 Spokker @ 02/20/16 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
The issue is for those who do not want to do the micromanaging of their franchises. I tend to ignore training since I'm there mostly to make a fantasy team and play baseball games in my franchise. If it can be turned off great, if not we'll I think many people might find it tedious to do seemingly arbitrary things like have players of similar national origins on their team. That hurts people who want to make a diverse team with whoever they want. Now you ha e to think "Do I really want that guy from Cuba or the guy from Venezuela instead since I already have 2 Venezuelan players already." Adds a layer of depth that I don't think I need and hope I can disable it or at least time it down.
My guess is that you can sign anyone, you just have to pay them slightly more money if they aren't happy.

# 37 TheWarmWind @ 02/20/16 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Also just another suggestion, you guys should consider on the fly substitutions & adjustments ala NBA 2K so that we don't have to keep pausing the game to make changes. It really interrupts the flow of the game when u have to keep pausing it. You could map these commands to the D pad. This would help streamline the game & everything would be seamless.
Umm, Ramone, if you're reading this can I vote against this idea? Pausing the game to make a managerial decision is just fine, and if you map that stuff to the D-pad, I am going to hit it by accident and mess up my games ALL THE TIME. That may be an exaggeration but once would still be too many times. Quick shifts, timeouts, and utility pls, no insta subs.

# 38 Belkbuzze @ 02/20/16 10:20 AM
Quote:
While I really liked what was shown about franchise, I'm really sad for you guys. It must be maddening when a leak/error like this happen from a partner.

# 39 HustlinOwl @ 02/20/16 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
Umm, Ramone, if you're reading this can I vote against this idea? Pausing the game to make a managerial decision is just fine, and if you map that stuff to the D-pad, I am going to hit it by accident and mess up my games ALL THE TIME. That may be an exaggeration but once would still be too many times. Quick shifts, timeouts, and utility pls, no insta subs.
can you not customize button layout with the past firmware update?

# 40 decga @ 02/20/16 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strictly4MyNIPPLEZ
Why is Paxton unhappy with the "close to home" aspect when he's playing in Seattle and grew up in British Columbia, a 3 hour drive away?
Well its early and maybe they can change it. But I noticed it says he was born in Canada, which would make the Blue Jays his team of choice. Maybe they don't have B.C. as a region.

But if that is the way the Player Morale. A very nice touch!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.