Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

GameInformer has posted a new MLB The Show 16 video with Ramone Russell. They discuss many of the new features in the game, including franchise, player morale and much more. Check it out and post your thoughts!

Thanks for the tip, Grant Thomas!

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 WaitTilNextYear @ 02/22/16 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Yea, the coach/manager attributes have always been ridiculous. Some of the best pitching coaches and managers in baseball always have like -2 and -3 attributes.
It will be nice to see if they've added some personality to the managers. In the game right now, managers are just a source of attribute boosts and there are no differences in how they manage a game or interact with their teams.

# 142 eric7064 @ 02/22/16 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
It will be nice to see if they've added some personality to the managers. In the game right now, managers are just a source of attribute boosts and there are no differences in how they manage a game or interact with their teams.
Agree completely would like to see them make major changes.

# 143 MrOldboy @ 02/22/16 02:29 AM
Watched the GI video finally. Some curious things. One is that the ratings bonus from morale isn't displayed so I wonder what ratings were affected or is it just an artificial boost to OVR that the AI looks at. One thing I was wondering about was the region preferences and how they will be applied to players. Will all have a region preference in that they will want to be close to home. That could create some weird dynamics where all the canadian players want to play for the Blue jays and all the players from Washington want o play for Seattle. Or at least only get a ratings boost if on those teams. Hoping that these morale categories are applied randomly so that some players won't care where they play or if they have a compatriot.

Also Ramone showed all the stats tracked for Mauer. I'm assuming RC is wRC which is close to Fangraph's wRC. WAR is also close to fWAR.

The OVR boosts don't seem huge, except for Nunez where he had 5/7 "happy" and got a 4 point OVR boost. I wonder what the boost might be for 7/7 "happy" 5-7 OVR? That might be significant especially if it affecting ratings like CON/POW.

# 144 R9NALD9 @ 02/22/16 03:34 AM
Love all of it! Really impressed with everything I've seen in this video. Maybe have effects on attributes reduced a bit but no problem that morale effects player attributes at all.

In my mind if you are unhappy then you will under perform, sure it won't make you slower etc. but in the video game world with attributes this is probably the only way to achieve this. And it will force us to stop taking advantage and signing talents to long cheap contracts and loading our rosters.

And I was planning on skipping Show 16...dammit Russel, you guys came out of nowhere and now it's a day 1 purchase for me.

# 145 LeftyShortstop @ 02/22/16 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9
Love all of it! Really impressed with everything I've seen in this video. Maybe have effects on attributes reduced a bit but no problem that morale effects player attributes at all.

In my mind if you are unhappy then you will under perform, sure it won't make you slower etc. but in the video game world with attributes this is probably the only way to achieve this. And it will force us to stop taking advantage and signing talents to long cheap contracts and loading our rosters.

And I was planning on skipping Show 16...dammit Russel, you guys came out of nowhere and now it's a day 1 purchase for me.
I used to skip the even years of the Show... So the Show 16 is great buy with all the new huge improvements.

# 146 NDAlum @ 02/22/16 12:07 PM
Left me wanting so much more info on franchise...

Only mode I care about.

# 147 breakfastcat @ 02/22/16 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I'm assuming RC is wRC which is close to Fangraph's wRC. WAR is also close to fWAR.
Runs Created (RC) and Weighted Runs Created Plus (wRC+) are two very different stats. wRC+ uses RC as well as many other offensive stats to create a rating between 0 and 200 where 100 is exactly league average. For example, if a player has a wRC+ of 115, that means offensively that player was 15% better than league average that year. In that screenshot, it appears to be regular RC, which is actually already in the game. I really hope they added wRC+ and other similar stats like ERA+, but I think maybe calculating league averages could be difficult in game.

# 148 tessl @ 02/22/16 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Yea, the coach/manager attributes have always been ridiculous. Some of the best pitching coaches and managers in baseball always have like -2 and -3 attributes.
I'm sure in order to get managers and coaches to agree to be in the game the attributes are random. I'm not for or against it, just wondering if it has changed. As it currently exists it is a fantastic way to immediately improve your team.

I guess we will find out on March 1st.

# 149 MrOldboy @ 02/22/16 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastcat
Runs Created (RC) and Weighted Runs Created Plus (wRC+) are two very different stats. wRC+ uses RC as well as many other offensive stats to create a rating between 0 and 200 where 100 is exactly league average. For example, if a player has a wRC+ of 115, that means offensively that player was 15% better than league average that year. In that screenshot, it appears to be regular RC, which is actually already in the game. I really hope they added wRC+ and other similar stats like ERA+, but I think maybe calculating league averages could be difficult in game.

When I saw it I hoped it was wRC+ as well, but it does not line up with that.

# 150 JDiaz1 @ 02/22/16 03:15 PM
I really wasn't sure where to post this but seeing as how Altuve and Correa have had their swings altered over the last few streams, as well as Rasmus finally losing that awful beard lol. I have an adjustment for Troy Tulowitzki that has just really surfaced today, I don't know if it is too late to get it into the game, but Tulo has added a leg kick. Here is a comparison gif of what I am talking about.

# 151 BrianU @ 02/22/16 03:22 PM
Wanted to post this and hope the Devs notice..

There are many great minds on here who test the game's franchise mode at length every year, and I am looking forward to what we see in 16 as I always am with a new release.

With the addition of career stats and WAR I am hoping the devs took a look at the simulated stats and did some work in that area. I remember in 15 the Saves stat was a bit off and they patched it, as well as some others. Also stolen bases that they tuned. For me the biggest issue I have which were not resolved are the RP stats (IPs) and complete games/shutouts for SPs. In 15 the latter two stats are around double what they should be.

I also frequently see people talking about pitchers overpowering hitters in later years of simulations. For me that isn't as a big an issue because I prefer playing 2-3 seasons max but I can see why it bothers many. I really just hope we see solid simulation stats because it adds a lot to the experience. It's all about the little things in franchise. The radio show was a great add but when you hear almost every other day about a complete game it takes something from it.

# 152 tessl @ 02/22/16 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
Wanted to post this and hope the Devs notice..

There are many great minds on here who test the game's franchise mode at length every year, and I am looking forward to what we see in 16 as I always am with a new release.

With the addition of career stats and WAR I am hoping the devs took a look at the simulated stats and did some work in that area. I remember in 15 the Saves stat was a bit off and they patched it, as well as some others. Also stolen bases that they tuned. For me the biggest issue I have which were not resolved are the RP stats (IPs) and complete games/shutouts for SPs. In 15 the latter two stats are around double what they should be.

I also frequently see people talking about pitchers overpowering hitters in later years of simulations. For me that isn't as a big an issue because I prefer playing 2-3 seasons max but I can see why it bothers many. I really just hope we see solid simulation stats because it adds a lot to the experience. It's all about the little things in franchise. The radio show was a great add but when you hear almost every other day about a complete game it takes something from it.
I don't sim so I haven't gotten that far but I've not been able to get an answer from the people reporting this as to whether they are doing manual scouting to generate hitters in their franchise and whether they are doing manual training and whether they are using default sliders.

# 153 WaitTilNextYear @ 02/22/16 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDiaz1
I really wasn't sure where to post this but seeing as how Altuve and Correa have had their swings altered over the last few streams, as well as Rasmus finally losing that awful beard lol. I have an adjustment for Troy Tulowitzki that has just really surfaced today, I don't know if it is too late to get it into the game, but Tulo has added a leg kick. Here is a comparison gif of what I am talking about.

Is this a stance he's already used in a game? If he added it in the offseason, I really, really doubt they'll have it in there. Nor would I expect them to. Due to the MLBPA license, things like this probably have to debut in a real live game first before it becomes a likeness of the player.

# 154 Russell_SCEA @ 02/22/16 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDiaz1

Don't get your hopes up because we are pretty much code locked. Including animations. Bug fixes, bug fixes, bug fixes rinse repeat.

# 155 JDiaz1 @ 02/22/16 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Don't get your hopes up because we are pretty much code locked. Including animations. Bug fixes, bug fixes, bug fixes rinse repeat.
No worries! I just wanted to point it out in the slim chance the leg kick can be added. Worst case scenario I just find a new stance for him or change the stride. I appreciate the response, Russell! Great work as always and I can't wait for this years edition of The Show!

# 156 WaitTilNextYear @ 02/22/16 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles
I am just hoping you guys worked on bug fixes.
Quote:

Nope, definitely not doing any bug fixes....

# 157 HypoLuxa13 @ 02/22/16 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles
I am just hoping you guys worked on bug fixes.

# 158 eric7064 @ 02/22/16 10:12 PM
I just really hope all the features here are in online franchise.
First year features were identical. Last year went untouched. Me and my buddies put an insane amount of time in it ad would like the same features.

# 159 eric7064 @ 02/22/16 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Is this a stance he's already used in a game? If he added it in the offseason, I really, really doubt they'll have it in there. Nor would I expect them to. Due to the MLBPA license, things like this probably have to debut in a real live game first before it becomes a likeness of the player.
They wouldn't need the MLBA license to change a guys swing I don't think. If they wanted they could technically ship everyone with generic swing/stances. BUT I do agree it's highly unlikely it's in.

# 160 Stolm @ 02/22/16 10:24 PM
Quote:
Did The Stride make it?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.