Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

Madden patch 1.09 is available now with some pretty big changes to the core gameplay experience. The Madden team discussed the patch on a Twitch stream today, here are some highlights:

• A fix is in to prevent multiple nano-blitzes using the B-Gap. The RG will now always look inside to outside for blocking assignments.
  • The 'playcalling/pause' freeze is fixed (where you lose input data and have to dashboard).
  • Untimed downs will occur at the right times (this also fixes the FG Block glitch).
  • A rare bug where QB sacks were creating a stopped clock has been fixed.
  • User QBs will now get less of an accuracy penalty on All Madden difficulty level.
  • Patch notes also mention general stability improvements (aka less freezes).
Be sure to play a few games and let us know what you think of the changes in the space below!

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 scoobyskyline3 @ 02/23/16 09:19 PM
I play online CFM and we have rain,wind,no wind and even a few blizzards in december. Whats broken about this?

# 62 SeaTownGamer @ 02/23/16 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I'm guessing it's not fixed. I've never heard of that being an impossible play to go against so I'm sure no. Might want to test it yourself if it's not in the patch notes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You sure? The DB Strike along with the SS Scrape is cheese to the max.

# 63 queenie.paula @ 02/23/16 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobyskyline3
I play online CFM and we have rain,wind,no wind and even a few blizzards in december. Whats broken about this?
whats broke is the fact that all I get is sunshine everytime and what about auto subs being fixed, im tired of having to pause each game to place RB a on some plays and RB b on others

# 64 therealsmallville @ 02/23/16 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobyskyline3

I'm in year 4 of my offline CFM, and I have literally never seen anything besides sunshine (barring a night game, of course). If it weren't for Play Now, you'd have a hard time convincing me that weather even exists on M16. That's what is broken about this.

# 65 Smallville102001 @ 02/23/16 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
I'm in year 4 of my offline CFM, and I have literally never seen anything besides sunshine (barring a night game, of course). If it weren't for Play Now, you'd have a hard time convincing me that weather even exists on M16. That's what is broken about this.

Yeah and the big problem to is that so many games are like 20 MPH winds that you see to many like 60-70 yard punts and to many like 35 yard punts because of the wind.

# 66 Smallville102001 @ 02/24/16 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdleRace
Here is what I noticed today playing a handful of games a bunch of CFM seasons and drafts.

Run blocking is improved. Blockers block there man better which makes running easier.

QB accuracy also has been improved.

Slow game speed was playing fast for me. Felt like it was on normal. Could be a bug.

Top players in the draft that would have superstar develop trait now have slow instead. Might be a bug since the few bust players I drafted all had normal development.

I play on all pro with QB accuracy at 40 and noticed QBs are way more accurate. My run blocking is 50 at default.

lol here we go again. Like ever time a patch comes out for a game people say they see things that where not even changed at all. None of those things are in the patch notes and I played 2 games tomorrow and I didn't see that out side of the CPU having a really high completion % last game but they also didn't have to pass much because of the score and how much trouble I had stopping the run. Run blocking sure doesn't look much better if better at all to me. Last game I played I had like 20 rushes for like just 35 yards.

# 67 Mattanite @ 02/24/16 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Also Rex said, yet again, the awareness has no affect on a user QB. Not sure how many times Devs have to say this before we believe it. lol
Ha, wasn't that proved in the "player schemes matter" code breakdown, that QB AWR acts almost like consistency for a human controlled QB?

# 68 charter04 @ 02/24/16 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude
Ha, wasn't that proved in the "player schemes matter" code breakdown, that QB AWR acts almost like consistency for a human controlled QB?

I didn't see anything in that thread that proved it has any affect on human controlled QB. Also my online CFM does more to prove it doesn't do anything. My QB had like 43 awareness and I threw for 69% completion 30 TDs and 10 picks in the year. The only mistakes where on me.

# 69 Armor and Sword @ 02/24/16 10:25 AM
Quote:
Here is what I noticed today playing a handful of games a bunch of CFM seasons and drafts.

Run blocking is improved. Blockers block there man better which makes running easier.

QB accuracy also has been improved.

Slow game speed was playing fast for me. Felt like it was on normal. Could be a bug.

Top players in the draft that would have superstar develop trait now have slow instead. Might be a bug since the few bust players I drafted all had normal development.

I play on all pro with QB accuracy at 40 and noticed QBs are way more accurate. My run blocking is 50 at default.
I am seeing absolutely none of this.

# 70 tyler28 @ 02/24/16 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I am seeing absolutely none of this.
Ya me either. Its called the placebo effect happens ever patch to some of us

# 71 cuoreceltico @ 02/24/16 12:22 PM
So could this patch do anything to the game?

# 72 nwo504 @ 02/24/16 12:54 PM
my #1 pick qb had slow dev. Im not sure if its a bug but he was the only projected 1st round qb that season.

# 73 vc3616 @ 02/24/16 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Thanks, not what I wanted to hear.

Edit- Eh, there are differences for offline and online, uggg...............
unfortunately we will never have a good offline franchise as long as online and offline are combined the modes should be seperate, you have to have features to make up for the non human element in a franchise mode, since the entire mode is geared toward having the human element offline players get the shaft

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

# 74 Cajungodfather @ 02/24/16 01:16 PM
Do these effect current CFMs or just new ones?

# 75 TheShizNo1 @ 02/24/16 01:18 PM
Because some of you are drafting normal development 1st rounders, the draft is broken now?

# 76 My993C2 @ 02/24/16 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuoreceltico
So could this patch do anything to the game?
I have only played one game since the patch dropped yesterday. But there appears to be one bug that I did not see in my game. In the past, I believe after the QB was sacked, sometimes the game clock would stop when it should have kept running. It was kind of random. It did not happen after every sack. But it did happen every once in a while. Now it's only one game. But last night in my game since the patch the game clock stopped when it was supposed to be stopped and it ran when it was supposed to run.

# 77 redsox4evur @ 02/24/16 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Because some of you are drafting normal development 1st rounders, the draft is broken now?
But they were top 5 picks? All top 5 picks are great NFL players.

*sarcasm intended.

# 78 JoshC1977 @ 02/24/16 01:43 PM
I deleted the old tuner and then installed the patch last night. I saw absolutely no deleterious effects from this patch on gameplay.

# 79 TheShizNo1 @ 02/24/16 01:57 PM
Quote:
Did you do a bunch of drafts after the patch and check it out. Or do you think because your a mod you can just be a smart ***?

Because I did this all night and I also went and checked all the top players in multiple draft classes and they all had slow development trait.

There is no quick or superstar development traits. The players with normal still get normal.
I didn't do anything which is why I asked a question. If you chose to take that as me being a smart *** then that sounds like a personal problem.

I also never saw in here where you provided the proof that you did in your post just now, again, which is why I asked the question.

By the way, I was smart *** long before I was a mod.

# 80 CM Hooe @ 02/24/16 02:41 PM
This title update has been out a little over 24 hours and we've already done enough drafts to draw any meaningful conclusions about changes to draft prospects, despite that Tiburon mentioned zero changes to Franchise in their patch stream yesterday?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.