Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

Madden patch 1.09 is available now with some pretty big changes to the core gameplay experience. The Madden team discussed the patch on a Twitch stream today, here are some highlights:

• A fix is in to prevent multiple nano-blitzes using the B-Gap. The RG will now always look inside to outside for blocking assignments.
  • The 'playcalling/pause' freeze is fixed (where you lose input data and have to dashboard).
  • Untimed downs will occur at the right times (this also fixes the FG Block glitch).
  • A rare bug where QB sacks were creating a stopped clock has been fixed.
  • User QBs will now get less of an accuracy penalty on All Madden difficulty level.
  • Patch notes also mention general stability improvements (aka less freezes).
Be sure to play a few games and let us know what you think of the changes in the space below!

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 oneamongthefence @ 02/25/16 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
hyde regresses in awr and bcv despite running title etc, he isnt a bust. i think someone came up with logic of trainer regression trait, as i play coach i have no idea. owner mode players could probably shed some light
Trainers do impact regression and progression. Owner mode is the way to go to me since I can manage all that myself. I just pretty much ignore the finance side of things except salary cap and stadium renovations.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

# 102 camo @ 02/26/16 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Trainers do impact regression and progression. Owner mode is the way to go to me since I can manage all that myself. I just pretty much ignore the finance side of things except salary cap and stadium renovations.

This is very important and the part people don't realize is that there are maybe 10 good or better trainers. I play with 32 team control and at least half the league has poor training staff.

Check out My Edmonton Oilers Dynasty

# 103 KickassJohnson @ 02/26/16 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
It sounds like you are describing a possession catch animation. If so that's not a glitch
Gameplay might be working as it was coded but the logic is the actual "glitch" here.. or maybe the animation should be corrected for speed (lots of them take WAY too long anyway)

When do you see a real NFL player performing a "possession" catch when he is alone in open field? I get that sometimes dudes fall down and get touched while they're down, but you can't tell me an NFL player doesn't have the awareness to make the effort to get 2 more yds for the first down. Same thing happens on the goaline in Madden. RBs keep the ball tucked when they are inches away and get stopped.... Situational awareness needs to be addressed.

# 104 roadman @ 02/26/16 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickassJohnson
Gameplay might be working as it was coded but the logic is the actual "glitch" here.. or maybe the animation should be corrected for speed (lots of them take WAY too long anyway)

When do you see a real NFL player performing a "possession" catch when he is alone in open field? I get that sometimes dudes fall down and get touched while they're down, but you can't tell me an NFL player doesn't have the awareness to make the effort to get 2 more yds for the first down. Same thing happens on the goaline in Madden. RBs keep the ball tucked when they are inches away and get stopped.... Situational awareness needs to be addressed.
If there is a heavy rush and the ball is underthrown?

# 105 iBlievN5 @ 02/26/16 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I can guarantee you that no one on this forum outside of those directly employed by Electronic Arts has viewed Madden NFL's source code.
okay well whatever he looked at in this
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-cfm-play.html

# 106 Unlucky 13 @ 02/26/16 01:02 PM
Quote:

I hadn't put a lot of thought into this topic before. So, you say that for example if I play i owner mode and make sure to hire the best trainer after year one (in a one player, offline franchise), I'll likely see signifigantly better progression than if I play in a single player offline "coach" franchise?

# 107 KickassJohnson @ 02/26/16 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
If there is a heavy rush and the ball is underthrown?
Again, people fall down with the ball in the NFL. They usually make an effort to get up and gain yds, stretch the ball out, lunge forward, etc.

In Madden, they fall down and are stuck in an animation long enough for the entire defense to touch them short of line to gain... how many true underthrows have you seen in Madden?

# 108 oneamongthefence @ 02/26/16 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
I hadn't put a lot of thought into this topic before. So, you say that for example if I play i owner mode and make sure to hire the best trainer after year one (in a one player, offline franchise), I'll likely see signifigantly better progression than if I play in a single player offline "coach" franchise?
You'll still see it but it generally won't be as dramatic as you normally see it. Guys might be good for an extra year or maybe two. I don't think it has an impact at all on progression.

# 109 Unlucky 13 @ 02/26/16 01:29 PM
Quote:
You'll still see it but it generally won't be as dramatic as you normally see it. Guys might be good for an extra year or maybe two. I don't think it has an impact at all on progression.

OK, thank you for clearing that up. Its pretty normal for me to see guys under 30 who've had good seasons drop a point or two. It would be nice to put an end to that.

# 110 oneamongthefence @ 02/26/16 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
OK, thank you for clearing that up. Its pretty normal for me to see guys under 30 who've had good seasons drop a point or two. It would be nice to put an end to that.
You'll still see random drops that make you scratch your head. From my experience its most beneficial for guys as they hit 30 and beyond.

# 111 Ueauvan @ 02/26/16 02:46 PM
downside with owner coach move on if successful or it used to be. you develop the coach how you want and even though you do well and offer lots of money they move on. think that was m15? never wanted to go through that after 3 years working on a coach for them to run away or retire so havent tried m16

and as a brit and i dont know anything doesnt the coach pick his staff anyway not the owner?

# 112 cuoreceltico @ 02/27/16 07:28 AM
rex say on twitter that the pass coverage is untouched but anyway seems to me that after the patch the db play more loose, and try to makes interceptions instead to breaking pass

# 113 Unlucky 13 @ 02/27/16 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiefan
Officially unplayable.
Pc commits 15 encroachment penalties in a row. All by the same player. He dive tackles whilst still in the f%#ing huddle. 15 time in a row.
Worst f#$%ing update in the history of gaming
That's awful man, and I'm sorry. I played three games yesterday after doing the update and didn't see much if any of a change in penalties. Mine are all at default in sliders.

# 114 Unlucky 13 @ 02/27/16 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuoreceltico
rex say on twitter that the pass coverage is untouched but anyway seems to me that after the patch the db play more loose, and try to makes interceptions instead to breaking pass
I got in INT by a LB in two games I played yesterday after the update, and hadn't had that happen in a long time. Maybe just a coincidance though.

# 115 Greencollarbaseball @ 02/27/16 09:52 AM
3 man online CFM, all user teams are in the AFC North. We've played 5 seasons and have had 1 rain and 1 snow game...COMBINED (I personally haven't played in anything but sunshine). That's 2 games out of approximately 180 user games located in the northern U.S. Something is definitely broke.
We have accel clock on and created coaches, which has been rumored to cause the weather problems.

My question is for the other online CFM guys is, what are your coach and clock settings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 116 Unlucky 13 @ 02/27/16 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greencollarbaseball
3 man online CFM, all user teams are in the AFC North. We've played 5 seasons and have had 1 rain and 1 snow game...COMBINED (I personally haven't played in anything but sunshine). That's 2 games out of approximately 180 user games located in the northern U.S. Something is definitely broke.
We have accel clock on and created coaches, which has been rumored to cause the weather problems.

My question is for the other online CFM guys is, what are your coach and clock settings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
After reading what you guys are all saying, I have to think that being online has an effect. I use a created coach and accelerated clock in my offline franchise with zero problems.

I obviously cannot test anything myself, but I wonder if some of you guys who are having problems would try playing offline and turn your network off, if you would see a difference? I understand that that isn't the way that you want to play, but it may confirm what the root of the trouble is.

# 117 Kgrffth @ 02/27/16 01:45 PM
This years installment of Madden is the BEST football game ever, however I have two major concerns 1) The two biggest issues I have is in Coach mode there are absolutely NO Offensive Linemen INJURIES! I have been playing Madden since 2002 (PC when available and PS4). During that time I've had 3 OL get injured and only 1 long term. EA finally fixed the penalty issues (1-2 called per game) now fix the OL issues. 2) Offensive Linemen do not rotate in and out of the lineup like skilled position players. Please fix the stamina with the OL.Great game, and thanks!

# 118 BrianU @ 02/27/16 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgrffth
This years installment of Madden is the BEST football game ever, however I have two major concerns 1) The two biggest issues I have is in Coach mode there are absolutely NO Offensive Linemen INJURIES! I have been playing Madden since 2002 (PC when available and PS4). During that time I've had 3 OL get injured and only 1 long term. EA finally fixed the penalty issues (1-2 called per game) now fix the OL issues. 2) Offensive Linemen do not rotate in and out of the lineup like skilled position players. Please fix the stamina with the OL.Great game, and thanks!
I'm with you on Offensive Line injuries but in real life offensive linemen hardly ever sub out. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts

Unless you mean you see it happening in-game and don't want to see it. Have you set your autosubs?

# 119 My993C2 @ 02/27/16 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgrffth
I have a couple of other beefs with the game.

The spotting of the ball often makes no sense. Ignoring forward progression, the rule is supposed to be "where is the ball then the knee or hip or some other major body first touched the ground and the location of the ball is where the spot will be". Whatever Madden does to determine it's ball spots, it's not based on where the ball is located. The other beef I have is the CPU's two minute offense is predictable, not organic and nowhere close to being efficient. But other than that. Madden 16 is the best football game released to date and I am having plenty of fun with it (warts and all).

# 120 Unlucky 13 @ 02/27/16 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
I have a couple of other beefs with the game.

The spotting of the ball often makes no sense. The rule is supposed to be "where is the ball then the knee or hip or some other major body first touched the ground and the location of the ball is where the spot will be". Whatever Madden does to determine it's ball spots, it's not based on where the ball is located. The other beef I have is the CPU's two minute offense is predictable, not organic and nowhere close to being efficient.

But other than that. Madden 16 is the best football game released to date and I am having plenty of fun with it (warts and all).
I would say that on the field, this is the best Madden. I've been playing the series since 1991 on the NES.

However, there were many, many things about franchise/owner mode back in the PS2 days that were better than what we now have. I would say that the final few games of that era were the best ever from an off the field aspect.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.