Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

The MLB The Show 16 Twitch livestream should be starting in about 5 minutes, post your thoughts here!

For those that miss out, we will update this post with the archive, when it has completed.

UPDATE: Here is the archive.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Lorne_SCEA @ 02/23/16 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentlaw13
I know they have talked about the matte helmets but not sure if they have been shown in any other streams...but I noticed the black matte batting helmets the Dbacks were using during this stream. They look very nice [emoji1303]
This is the first time it's been shown in a stream because it was just checked into the game last night.

# 102 WaitTilNextYear @ 02/23/16 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
You're correct in saying they can't use the likeness unless they are part of the MLBPA but your last sentence says it all. They can scan whoever they want whenever as long as the participant is willing.

The hard part is determining who from ST is projected to be someone they may need a scan for the following season rather than two years down the road.
Exactly right. But the issue is SCEA's "process" is such that you can bank on a face scan being in MLB '18 for a rookie who debuts this season.

I'm sure there are and have been exceptions to the 2-year cycle, but the problem is that people already have a shaky understanding of which face scans get in when. Giving them "hope" that Buxton and Correa's scans could be in by saying SCEA could've scanned whoever (MiLB players included) in spring 2015 gives people false hope, making them think said player's scan should be in. Then we get the "gee, when will so and so's face scan be in!...I am so outraged and so disappointed!" comments when the expectation is 2 years out and people just don't understand this is the norm.

Part of the issue is that a lot depends on the exact timing of the scanning, because players are sprawled all over into a variety of camps/split squad games during the spring, and when they get to the actual scanning, many of the players could have already been assigned to "minor league camp" and hence wouldn't be present when the major leaguers are being scanned. Thinking from SCEA's perspective, it's already a massive undertaking to get the MLBPA guys scanned each year, the SCEA employees aren't likely thinking "so and so could get promoted this year, possibly, so we better scan him just in case." 'Could be promoted' is true of a great many players, and as you mentioned, it's impossible to predict to the point of why would they even waste time trying?

TL;DR: All I'm trying to say is that I think it's best to look at it as it takes 2 years for the face scans to show up in the game and be pleasantly surprised if our expectations are exceeded here and there.

# 103 Scott @ 02/23/16 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorne_SCEA
This is the first time it's been shown in a stream because it was just checked into the game last night.
Perhaps you know the answer to this, did the updates to Rangers Ballpark make it in?

# 104 Turbojugend @ 02/23/16 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
Am I the only one who is disgusted...
Probably, yeah.

# 105 Scott @ 02/23/16 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Exactly right. But the issue is SCEA's "process" is such that you can bank on a face scan being in MLB '18 for a rookie who debuts this season.

I'm sure there are and have been exceptions to the 2-year cycle, but the problem is that people already have a shaky understanding of which face scans get in when. Giving them "hope" that Buxton and Correa's scans could be in by saying SCEA could've scanned whoever (MiLB players included) in spring 2015 gives people false hope, making them think said player's scan should be in. Then we get the "gee, when will so and so's face scan be in!...I am so outraged and so disappointed!" comments when the expectation is 2 years out and people just don't understand this is the norm.

Part of the issue is that a lot depends on the exact timing of the scanning, because players are sprawled all over into a variety of camps/split squad games during the spring, and when they get to the actual scanning, many of the players could have already been assigned to "minor league camp" and hence wouldn't be present when the major leaguers are being scanned. Thinking from SCEA's perspective, it's already a massive undertaking to get the MLBPA guys scanned each year, the SCEA employees aren't likely thinking "so and so could get promoted this year, possibly, so we better scan him just in case." 'Could be promoted' is true of a great many players, and as you mentioned, it's impossible to predict to the point of why would they even waste time trying?

TL;DR: All I'm trying to say is that I think it's best to look at it as it takes 2 years for the face scans to show up in the game and be pleasantly surprised if our expectations are exceeded here and there.
That being sad, these guys should have scans...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/le...-rookies.shtml

# 106 WaitTilNextYear @ 02/23/16 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
That being sad, these guys should have scans...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/le...-rookies.shtml
Assuming they made themselves available, yep. People will be rejoicing at Abreu, Baez, Betts, and C-Mart especially being included.

# 107 MCville27 @ 02/23/16 11:56 PM
Game looks absolutely beautiful. I think it was in the IGN stream, but I did notice that during the pre-game intro and the new starting line-up screen (where it overlooks the entire stadium from the stands behind home plate), that the home plate netting disappears. It's a super nit-picky detail but I just thought I'd bring it up in the off-chance that it could be fixed. Keep up the great work.

# 108 Factzzz @ 02/23/16 11:57 PM
The game looks really good, the direction SCEA is heading is a really good one, especially the way they listen and respond to the community.

Closed roof stadiums look amazing, it did look like it went to night time (pitch black outside) pretty quick in the Arizona game though.

The new swing types look good, looks like they're paying more attention to what kind of follow through players have in real life now because of it. I noticed Russell Martin had his follow through changed to a two handed follow through, since the last stream where he had a one hand follow through. Hopefully that kind of attention has been given to players all over the league, so guys like Posey, Votto, Brandon Phillips, Lorenzo Cain, Jose Reyes, Nelson Cruz etc. don't have one hand follow throughs (those were just off the top of my head, there's many more).

I also noticed that some of the licensed equipment weren't on the players, like no licensed elbow guard were worn, all generic ones. I also noticed in earlier streams players had generic sunglasses on. So i'm guessing the licensed arm sleeves, protective gear, and sunglasses haven't been put on the current players yet. Hopefully they can get that done.

I also hope Kevin Pillar can get a beard if it's not too late, he had one all of last year basically.

Spoiler

# 109 kehlis @ 02/24/16 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear

I was only commenting on your post saying it can't be done if they aren't part of the MLBPA which isn't true.

Regardless of your ultimate point, the way you stated it isn't correct.

# 110 Arod2k9 @ 02/24/16 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Did you pay attention to the part where Ramone talked about the face scanning process?

I've been playing the Show since '09 I understand the scanning process completely. Buxton was in Spring Training in 2015 therefore he was probably scanned then, that's why I thought he would look true to life.

I don't think a player has to be part of MLBPA to get scan and when he makes his debut the year later he will be part of game. Heyward had a perfect scan after his first season. It didn't take 2 spring trainings to get him right it took only one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 111 Smallville102001 @ 02/24/16 12:10 AM
Question back when pulse pitching was first introduce there was talk about maybe adding a way to control how much break or speed you can put on a pitch like you can with meter pitching or analog pitching. That is still something you couldn't do last year and I have not heard any thing about that since the first year pulse pitching was put into the game I think like 4 years ago. Is there any changes that could still happen at some point in time?

# 112 xx2khazard @ 02/24/16 12:17 AM
Does anyone know if stride made the cut???

# 113 kehlis @ 02/24/16 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xx2khazard

Cut date hasn't happened yet.

# 114 bcruise @ 02/24/16 12:19 AM
Quote:

Not on the disc. Possible day one patch, per Nick Livingston.

# 115 xx2khazard @ 02/24/16 12:19 AM
Damm. Thanks for the info.

# 116 bcruise @ 02/24/16 12:21 AM
Quote:
Damm. Thanks for the info.

I'm not sure why you'd be disappointed. They are working to get it into the game for release day.

# 117 PVarck31 @ 02/24/16 12:22 AM
I can't even take it....Progressive Field looks amazing! They even got Heritage Park in this year. Just amazing work guys.

Only thing that I can see that is missing is the full LED board above the bleachers and there tarp roll is still missing down the LF line. Is there any chance that can make the cut, Ramone and co.?

# 118 xx2khazard @ 02/24/16 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I'm not sure why you'd be disappointed. They are working to get it into the game for release day.

Well due to the public outcry you would think it would be back but glad to hear they're not forgetting about it.

# 119 earthlight897 @ 02/24/16 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidgames
Commentary simply sucks.
I heard 2 new lines in about 35 minutes lol. Although to be fair it was on fast play and they were button mashing. We'll get more on thursday, that stream will decide my purchase because the announcing is just too brutal for me.

# 120 dran1984 @ 02/24/16 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arod2k9
I've been playing the Show since '09 I understand the scanning process completely. Buxton was in Spring Training in 2015 therefore he was probably scanned then, that's why I thought he would look true to life.

I don't think a player has to be part of MLBPA to get scan and when he makes his debut the year later he will be part of game. Heyward had a perfect scan after his first season. It didn't take 2 spring trainings to get him right it took only one.

Then you would understand that its NOT mandatory for a player to get scanned. They may not have a scan on Buxton.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.