Home
NHL 16 News Post

With the NHL trade deadline just around the corner (February 29), EA Sports has released another NHL 16 roster update. No details were revealed, so let us know what you're seeing.

Game: NHL 16Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
NHL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 creevjam9 @ 02/25/16 09:11 PM
I noticed ghost, panarin, and Larkin got a bump

# 2 bad_philanthropy @ 02/25/16 09:14 PM
Weird they released this when the trade deadline in Monday. Could have just held it until then.

# 3 northmen24 @ 02/26/16 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Weird they released this when the trade deadline in Monday. Could have just held it until then.
That would have been the smart thing to do. And that's why they didn't. Haha. Watch, now we won't get the next roster until playoffs.

# 4 snc237 @ 02/26/16 10:35 AM
Larkin beat the speed record at the all star game and is blazing fast.. He has an 85 speed still. Come on guys

# 5 T5063 @ 02/26/16 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Makes you wonder how closely the developers actually follow the NHL. Did they know there is a trade deadline on Monday?

Seems like they could've saved themselves a lot of work if they just waited a few days: made one roster update instead on now having to make a second one.

# 6 jaiman @ 02/26/16 11:05 AM
Well, I for one think it's a pretty smart move. Their roster is now up-to-date and ready to be revised as per what happens at the deadline. This will give them more time to focus on trade deadline moves and get the next update out quicker.

Not sure why everyone is complaining about this? There's no way they don't come out with a deadline version.

# 7 Money99 @ 02/26/16 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
Makes you wonder how closely the developers actually follow the NHL. Did they know there is a trade deadline on Monday?

Seems like they could've saved themselves a lot of work if they just waited a few days: made one roster update instead on now having to make a second one.
I wonder if it's to give people the option to have the proper rosters before the deadline, so they can decide who they want to go where when it does conclude?
(Grasping at straws here)

# 8 bad_philanthropy @ 02/26/16 11:12 AM
Yeah, I don't mind at all. I'll work on my roster (from this most one as a base) this weekend, and just update for the deadline. After that I'll be good to go right away with my post-deadline BaGM.

# 9 ozcore @ 02/26/16 12:56 PM
i stopped playing the game 2 weeks after it released lol

# 10 ozcore @ 02/26/16 01:03 PM
i think that was my last nhl game purchase. i wish EA would look at sony studios and see what they are doing on mlb the show. i play mlb the show all year long and i never get fet up. nhl i play for the 1st week or two and i quit.

# 11 brandon27 @ 02/26/16 02:07 PM
^^^ Uh... this is a thread about rosters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snc237
Larkin beat the speed record at the all star game and is blazing fast.. He has an 85 speed still. Come on guys

Damn, can't say I'm surprised they didn't bump his speed and missed that.

I am surprised by the timing of this. Nice to have an update prior to the deadline for those of us who make our own changes though. Hopefully though it doesn't mean we've got to wait 2 weeks or so for a post trade deadline roster.

# 12 T5063 @ 02/26/16 11:09 PM
So if you guys are making your own changes off of this roster right after the deadline, is there a way to move the draft pics that were traded prior to starting a BeAGM?

Also, anyone know where Philip Larsen is in this roster. He got traded from the Oilers to the Canucks a few days ago but I can't find him on either team or their AHL squads.

# 13 briguy4747 @ 02/27/16 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
So if you guys are making your own changes off of this roster right after the deadline, is there a way to move the draft pics that were traded prior to starting a BeAGM?

Also, anyone know where Philip Larsen is in this roster. He got traded from the Oilers to the Canucks a few days ago but I can't find him on either team or their AHL squads.

Larsen is a 26-year-old defenceman currently playing with Jokerit of the Kontinental Hockey League.

# 14 Toewsface @ 02/27/16 04:43 AM
Did they include the Ladd trade?

# 15 il82 @ 02/27/16 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toewsface
Did they include the Ladd trade?
No, trade occurred later than released roster update.

# 16 Saint Iscah @ 02/27/16 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozcore
i stopped playing the game 2 weeks after it released lol
Rather pathetic then that you are still lurking the games forum 6 months later?

# 17 movethechains11 @ 02/29/16 05:48 PM
Well, now we wait... Over/Under a week?

# 18 T5063 @ 02/29/16 09:46 PM
Im guessing this friday at the earliest, next friday at the latest.

# 19 redsoxfan31 @ 02/29/16 10:08 PM
Has anybody seen anywhere whether or not there will be a trade deadline roster update released soon? It's a little concerning that they would release a roster 4 days before the deadline, but here's hoping they are just being due diligent. Could somebody keep us updated if they find anything out? That would be greatly appreciated!

# 20 brandon27 @ 03/01/16 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxfan31
Has anybody seen anywhere whether or not there will be a trade deadline roster update released soon? It's a little concerning that they would release a roster 4 days before the deadline, but here's hoping they are just being due diligent. Could somebody keep us updated if they find anything out? That would be greatly appreciated!
Just keep your eyes to the NHL16 forum, I'm sure a thread will appear once it's released. It'll be coming, they always have a post trade deadline roster. The issue is just... when.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.