Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Check out the latest MLB The Show 16 video, featuring Ramone Russell going over "The Little Things" added to the game this year.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Woodweaver @ 03/01/16 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiel82
I'm glad the classic stadiums are back on ps4, but they should have always been there.

I'd love to see some of the recent parks that have been in The Show come back. Yankee Stadium, Sun Life, etc. Devs already have the scans for these.

Classic Stadiums often require additional licensing, and we do not scan stadiums. They are built from the ground up based on blue prints and reference materials.

# 102 BrutusBuckeye21 @ 03/01/16 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
Classic Stadiums often require additional licensing, and we do not scan stadiums. They are built from the ground up based on blue prints and reference materials.
I was wondering how y'all built the stadiums. Wish I had one of y'all's models (specifically Minute Maid) to explore around

# 103 MetsFan16 @ 03/01/16 10:08 PM
Do generic batting stances have custom/different home run animations besides home run follow through/bat flip. I'm talking about the Edwing, or Ortiz's point to the sky and Tulo low five to the third base coach and Gomez's hit helmet touching base. As in can created players be given these animations or are they only available to these specific batting stances?

# 104 agentlaw13 @ 03/01/16 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
Do generic batting stances have custom/different home run animations besides home run follow through/bat flip. I'm talking about the Edwing, or Ortiz's point to the sky and Tulo low five to the third base coach and Gomez's hit helmet touching base. As in can created players be given these animations or are they only available to these specific batting stances?

I'm pretty sure they mentioned those animations are tied to the specific players stance

# 105 Factzzz @ 03/01/16 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
It'd be cool if they made generic ones that you could give to your RTTS player.

# 106 MetsFan16 @ 03/01/16 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
It'd be cool if they made generic ones that you could give to your RTTS player.
Yeah that's what I'm hoping for

# 107 Turbojugend @ 03/02/16 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Guarantee you make back the licensing fees and dev cost if you guys offered new ones, or even ones you had in previous installments, through DLC and a fee. Some people hate DLC but it is a valid way for folks to obtain extras and to compensate the developer for providing.

C
I realize I'm just one guy, but I would gladly give these guys DLC dollars for Candlestick or Shea.

# 108 BrutusBuckeye21 @ 03/02/16 03:13 PM
To anyone on the dev team: I'm building a model of Minute Maid Park and while I do have the majority of the blueprints, there are still missing measurements and other things. Would it be possible for the stadium designer for MMP to help me with measurements and other info I'm missing? Probably a impossible request but thought I'd ask

# 109 Russell_SCEA @ 03/02/16 04:15 PM
Quote:
Guarantee you make back the licensing fees and dev cost if you guys offered new ones, or even ones you had in previous installments, through DLC and a fee. Some people hate DLC but it is a valid way for folks to obtain extras and to compensate the developer for providing.

C
Actually we did that on PS3 and it was a disaster for us financially. So no your assumption is completely wrong.

# 110 Russell_SCEA @ 03/02/16 07:46 PM
Quote:
I guess it wasn't marketed correctly. Too bad.

C
lmao...............this place never ceases to amaze me.

# 111 redsox4evur @ 03/02/16 07:51 PM
Quote:
I guess it wasn't marketed correctly. Too bad.

C
Or, just hear me out here, it wasn't worth hundred of thousands of dollars that they invested in the licensing and dev costs.

# 112 adh5199 @ 03/02/16 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
lmao...............this place never ceases to amaze me.
Just walk away Ramone. Ain't nobody got time for that.....

# 113 Scott @ 03/02/16 08:11 PM
Taken care of...Nothing to see here

# 114 ARMORALLL @ 03/03/16 03:40 AM
For future installments of the Show I'd rather see more spring training and minor league ballparks from the PS3 make it over to PS4. I use those more often anyway.

# 115 LastActionHero @ 03/03/16 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMORALLL
For future installments of the Show I'd rather see more spring training and minor league ballparks from the PS3 make it over to PS4. I use those more often anyway.

We should get some ones this year again no?

# 116 elfdutch @ 03/03/16 08:57 AM
I'm really amazed about all the improvements they made.
Graphically another big step up. Stadiums look much more alive this time.
Love the interaction between SDS and this forum, they listen they communicate, it's really a great thing.

Sounds of the show....wow. This will help alot with the immersion.
Commentary is still not my cup of tea, I think 2K really nailed that (although that was the only thing they nailed) but it's good to see they are improving.

Just pre-ordered it and can't wait to play it.

# 117 audbal @ 03/03/16 12:59 PM
Just stop with the overpriced real life commentators, hire voice actors who can make up a character to play and immerse themselves into the character. I know voice actors who chomping at the bit for an opportunity like this.

# 118 vidgames @ 03/03/16 01:06 PM
Big stream today...will franchise mode go the next gen route or will it be more of the same? Looking forward to it!!

# 119 tessl @ 03/05/16 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
I'm looking forward to that live stream.

# 120 Factzzz @ 03/08/16 01:23 PM
One little thing i'd like to see is the gloves in the back pocket looking more realistic, as well as the ability to have gloves in your back pocket while you bat.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.