Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

After revealing the entire EA Sports UFC 2 roster last week, EA has begun highlighting specific ratings this week. Today they reveal the top 10 stand up fighters in the game.

If you scroll through the fighters on the official website, you can see the stand up rating for every fighter in the game, except for Mike Tyson. Check them all out and let us know what you think.

EA Sports UFC 2 ships on March 15 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Gotmadskillzson @ 03/01/16 03:48 PM
I would weigh more heavily on the number of strikes thrown with the number that actually connects. There need to be another rating or something to separate actual good strikers and bad strikers that just so happen to have KO power.

Under this ratings system, Kimbo Slice would be a 98 stand up considering he has 6 TKO victories and 1 KO victory in his MMA career.

# 22 JoeMimic @ 03/01/16 04:14 PM
There needs to be bigger parity in my opinion in the ratings. They're too afraid to have anyone with a low overall and make them look like a lesser fighter. To be fair this isn't a MMA genre exclusive problem. The WWE game does the same thing with their guys which is why you see massive roster re-edits every year.

# 23 godylla @ 03/01/16 04:29 PM
There is the ratings that go into striking like L/R Hand Power, Speed, L/R Kick Power, Speed etc. Is there any talk behind the scenes to also add an accuracy stat? Like Conor has said: "Precision beats power, and timing beats speed."

# 24 Serengeti1 @ 03/02/16 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Agree about Weidman and Thompson but you need to rewatch Conor/Mendes. Mendes wasnt making him look ordinary on his feet. On the ground, yes but not on his feet. Conor has also KO'd 6 of the 7 fighters he's faced. Kinda hard to not give him a high rating when you are looking at results.
Right. I've been browsing this forum and the EA one for news on the game in the last few days. I really hope EA aren't listening to this forum or the EA one for advice on realism. I mean this one seems to be much better to be fair. People on the EA forum really don't know their MMA at all. Saying Bethe has elite boxing and cain's wrestling isn't actually that good anymore because of the loss to Werdum. I'm not trying to be an elitist/hipster but yeah.

Since you seem to be an insider on some level... Do you know where they get information on the sport?

The MMA subreddit is a great place for knowledgeable fans. I mean I'm not naive enough to think that EA make decisions solely based on opinions on the internet but I'm sure it has some influence.

As for these ratings, they're not awful. I understand they need to find the balance between popularity and realism. Still tho... some stats are still a little ridiculous. Could have been worse when they're doing stats for so many fighters tho.

Am gutted Yoel Romero is only an 87 tho. He's like the perfect video game fighter, yet they ****ed up his stats.

# 25 aholbert32 @ 03/02/16 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
Right. I've been browsing this forum and the EA one for news on the game in the last few days. I really hope EA aren't listening to this forum or the EA one for advice on realism. I mean this one seems to be much better to be fair. People on the EA forum really don't know their MMA at all. Saying Bethe has elite boxing and cain's wrestling isn't actually that good anymore because of the loss to Werdum. I'm not trying to be an elitist/hipster but yeah.

Since you seem to be an insider on some level... Do you know where they get information on the sport?

The MMA subreddit is a great place for knowledgeable fans. I mean I'm not naive enough to think that EA make decisions solely based on opinions on the internet but I'm sure it has some influence.

As for these ratings, they're not awful. I understand they need to find the balance between popularity and realism. Still tho... some stats are still a little ridiculous. Could have been worse when they're doing stats for so many fighters tho.

Am gutted Yoel Romero is only an 87 tho. He's like the perfect video game fighter, yet they ****ed up his stats.
I actually don't know. I've talked to people at EA over everything accept ratings and I haven't asked who does them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

# 26 Ksearyback @ 06/15/16 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Here is my question: What do you use to determine who is the best standup fighter in the UFC?

I tend to use KO percentage, knockdowns and the number of times an opponent is hurt as a big part of the measurement.

If you use stats: Conor has KO percentage of over 95%. On top of that he's knocked down a number of opponents in those fights.

Aldo isnt even close to those numbers. DJ isnt. Holm isnt. Rockhold isnt.

The only people that come close are Dillashaw and Lawler.
Using this criteria, you would be saying boxers like Floyd Mayweather, B Hopkins, Sweet Pea Whitaker are mediocre.

Stats are often the curse of relative comparisons. It makes EA look silly with the current stay system in this game

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.