Home
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR News Post

The Oakmont Country Club (Pennsylvania) is coming soon for Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR. EA is currently going through the certification process, before sending it off to Microsoft and Sony. The course has the fastest greens of all the courses in the game. We will post an update if we hear anything else.

Source - EA Forums

Game: Rory McIlroy PGA TOURReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 12 - View All
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Videos
Member Comments
# 21 DJ @ 03/03/16 08:25 PM
I would love to see other sports games follow this model, honestly. Madden, for instance, could do an update with all the roster moves, uniform/stadium updates and Rams/Chargers relocations.

# 22 Pappy Knuckles @ 03/03/16 08:58 PM
Nice to be getting another new course. Didn't they team an additional big announcement a while back too? I'm hoping we hear something about that soon.

# 23 buckeyedawgtribe @ 03/03/16 09:30 PM
Where did you guys find this for under 20 bucks. Thanks

# 24 kehlis @ 03/03/16 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Nice to be getting another new course. Didn't they team an additional big announcement a while back too? I'm hoping we hear something about that soon.
I assumed Oakmont was the big announcement?

# 25 Pappy Knuckles @ 03/03/16 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I assumed Oakmont was the big announcement?
I could've sworn they said another course was on the way along with another addition they would reveal later. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, though.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk

# 26 Pappy Knuckles @ 03/04/16 01:30 AM
Found the post that I was thinking about.

Quote:
Hope you all had a good holiday season. I know you're all looking forward to the next update. As you know, we still have Oakmont and the TPC Stadium Course at PGA West to release that we have announced. I'm not gonna say which is coming next, but I will say that we hit 0 bugs on that update today. So a little more testing to make sure we didn't miss anything and then we will be sending it off to certification. No date yet but hopefully it gets out soon enough.

I will also say that we have been working on something that hasn't been announced yet. That feature has been taking up most of our time lately so you won't see any new features in the next update, just a course. But that feature is coming along nicely and my hope is that we can have it out by the following course update if not sooner.

# 27 jake44np @ 03/04/16 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyedawgtribe
Where did you guys find this for under 20 bucks. Thanks
Around Christmas it was on sale on the Playstation store for $13.99 I believe.
I found it on sale on the Playstation store a month or so ago for $16.99 I believe.

# 28 jake44np @ 03/04/16 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyedawgtribe
Man i thought they release a new one every year so i waited. Which do you prefer this or the golf club?
This one by far. Just because I play Career mode only and I love the real course and competing against "real" golfers.
I am not putting the Golf Club down but frankly it just bores me.
This game has been a huge positive surprise for me!
I have played it non stop since I bought it about a month ago. I LOVE IT!

# 29 MrArlingtonBeach @ 03/04/16 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Those of us who paid full price at launch knew what we were getting. The onus is on us and the team has been nothing but impressive to this point with upgrades.

I would have absolutely no issue paying more for some courses and I'm fully expecting it in the coming months.

The game was marketed to us as a multi year game that would be added to progressively. If you didn't expect to pay anything more at any point you are the one at fault for expecting to pay one time for a multi year game.
These are all good points. I forgot to look at it from the multi-year perspective.

No matter what, I'd just love to see more courses released and, if possible, more content added to Career Mode. I'm just to the PGA Championship in my first season, and am missing things that TW 14 had (money list, trophy room, season schedule, etc.). It's still a lot of fun, just not as engaging as the previous game.

# 30 buckeyedawgtribe @ 03/04/16 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
Around Christmas it was on sale on the Playstation store for $13.99 I believe.
I found it on sale on the Playstation store a month or so ago for $16.99 I believe.
Thanks i will keep an eye out

# 31 buckeyedawgtribe @ 03/04/16 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
This one by far. Just because I play Career mode only and I love the real course and competing against "real" golfers.
I am not putting the Golf Club down but frankly it just bores me.
This game has been a huge positive surprise for me!
I have played it non stop since I bought it about a month ago. I LOVE IT!
Thanks for your input. I did not realize rory was not gonna be a yearly release so I am ready to get it soon.

# 32 brandon27 @ 03/04/16 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I could've sworn they said another course was on the way along with another addition they would reveal later. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, though.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk

The announcement was turn based multiplayer, or whatever it was they did last month with the previous course/title update... wasn't it?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-included.html

# 33 DivotMaker @ 03/04/16 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
The announcement was turn based multiplayer, or whatever it was they did last month with the previous course/title update... wasn't it?

I am not sure if that was it or not.....I hope it is something more than that.

# 34 RIFRIG @ 03/04/16 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
I am not sure if that was it or not.....I hope it is something more than that.
I don't think that EA have anything else for us in the short term the TB update may get a patch to fix the sound with a bit of luck.

# 35 MrArlingtonBeach @ 03/07/16 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27

We finally have confirmation on that...the announced update was turn-based stroke play, which has already been released.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/li....page#35556610 - you may have to scroll down a bit on that page to see the post from HANDSWARD.

# 36 MrArlingtonBeach @ 03/07/16 02:59 PM
Sorry for the double post, but also confirmed: Oakmont arrives tomorrow.

https://www.facebook.com/EASPORTSGol...type=3&theater

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.