Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Sony San Diego has just released another MLB The Show 16 video. This one features everything you want to know about Franchise mode, including player morale, free agent signings, blockbuster trade notifications, and updated budgets.

Other little improvements include new GM goals, an authentic 20-80 scale for scouting and more. More details will arrive on their Twitch stream, scheduled for Thursday, March 3 at 5:00 PM ET.

Watch the video here
to find out what Luis Martinez from the Developer team has to say about it.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 241 BlueJays09 @ 03/03/16 05:35 PM
The only thing I asked was if there was non-roster invites for ST (or if rosters were expanded from 40 to say 60-80) and that wasn't answered :/

# 242 flamarlin2121 @ 03/03/16 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJays09
The only thing I asked was if there was non-roster invites for ST (or if rosters were expanded from 40 to say 60-80) and that wasn't answered :/
Yeah, seems like no changes for that. I am extremely disappointed man. Gave my hopes up big time.

# 243 redsfan4life @ 03/03/16 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballgame59
Will the schedule in ON-LINE connected franchise be flexible? I mean can we edit the schedule and divisions?
Man they didn't touch it. Expect nothing.

# 244 BlueJays09 @ 03/03/16 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamarlin2121
Yeah, seems like no changes for that. I am extremely disappointed man. Gave my hopes up big time.

That is quite disappointing. I had to lose 3 of my guys because of this rule in 15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 245 mogotron272 @ 03/03/16 09:26 PM
How about retiring players coming back as potential coaches?? Is that happening? I remember on the early ps3 mlb the show days I saw that happening, or was it late ps2 days??

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

# 246 Rubio809 @ 03/04/16 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Today is the big one for us. Can't wait to deep dive Franchise improvements!!!
Now, I'm very curious to here your impressions of what you heard yesterday.

# 247 Unlucky 13 @ 03/04/16 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogotron272
How about retiring players coming back as potential coaches?? Is that happening? I remember on the early ps3 mlb the show days I saw that happening, or was it late ps2 days??

The Show started on the PS3 (I think 2007. My first one was 2008). I remember that too. There were a lot of cool things going on in franchise mode back then. Hopefully, as they get other things out of the way, they can bring things like that back in future editions.

# 248 mogotron272 @ 03/04/16 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
The Show started on the PS3 (I think 2007. My first one was 2008). I remember that too. There were a lot of cool things going on in franchise mode back then. Hopefully, as they get other things out of the way, they can bring things like that back in future editions.
Yes ps3 they also had it for ps2 just that it was not called the show yet, it was called simply MLB and the year, MLB06, MLB07, etc

# 249 mets718 @ 03/04/16 12:05 PM
I'm okay with them not including any features in the Online Franchise and they have their reasons. The reasons for why they did it is pretty lame, just say "We want to hold stuff back this year so next years game we can add to hype up the game". Business 101

Now I'm just concerned on the bugs of the online franchise. Did they at least put in effort to fix the bugs? I'm not talking about the new features, I'm talking about the bugs in the game that has been there for years. Don't give us the whole "Development cycle" excuse, you had a year or two knowing the bugs are there. If you're not going to give us new features online, at least fix the issues that it has.

We are paying Sony for online content in general. So I truly believe they should start making Online modes a priority in the future.

# 250 Bondsfan @ 03/04/16 05:51 PM
I wonder if the show developers decided to have the franchise video and twitch stream in March strategically. I mean, they changed how they released the info this year, no longer releasing the entire list at once. Then held all franchise info off until just a few weeks before release. Given the general sense of disappointment surrounding basically smaller additions to Franchise rather than any big, new change, I'm wondering if they possibly held off on discussing it for PR reasons.

Doesn't matter to me. I'm disappointed, but I'll buy the game anyways. I'm a baseball addict with no other options. Just wish they would have been able to make a little more headway in franchise mode, as I think many of us do.

Regarding importing newly added players into an existing franchise, probably one of my biggest pet peeves about MLB The Show, I'm almost certain the dev's said "We're working on that for next year" last year when they were hyping MLB 15. So I'm not exactly believing them when they say the are "working on that for next year" with regards to MLB 17.

# 251 Turbojugend @ 03/04/16 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mets718
I'm okay with them not including any features in the Online Franchise and they have their reasons. The reasons for why they did it is pretty lame, just say "We want to hold stuff back this year so next years game we can add to hype up the game". Business 101
I don't think SDS are holding anything back. If bringing online franchise to parity with offline were as simple as flipping a switch, I'm sure we'd have it this year.

# 252 MrOldboy @ 03/04/16 06:02 PM
The quick count dispute I still find odd. What would be the harm with allowing a middle ground, sort of like you know, hybrid presentation. Let people choose a hybrid quick count option which allows all counts. I like quick counts in concept, but never being able to put the first pitch in play is odd as its a very frequent occurrence in baseball.

# 253 Threeebs @ 03/04/16 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
I wonder if the show developers decided to have the franchise video and twitch stream in March strategically. I mean, they changed how they released the info this year, no longer releasing the entire list at once. Then held all franchise info off until just a few weeks before release. Given the general sense of disappointment surrounding basically smaller additions to Franchise rather than any big, new change, I'm wondering if they possibly held off on discussing it for PR reasons.

Doesn't matter to me. I'm disappointed, but I'll buy the game anyways. I'm a baseball addict with no other options. Just wish they would have been able to make a little more headway in franchise mode, as I think many of us do.

Regarding importing newly added players into an existing franchise, probably one of my biggest pet peeves about MLB The Show, I'm almost certain the dev's said "We're working on that for next year" last year when they were hyping MLB 15. So I'm not exactly believing them when they say the are "working on that for next year" with regards to MLB 17.
I highly, highly doubt this is the case man. In fact I'd bet that they were so pumped developing these new entries. When someone creates something of this ilk they're proud and are pumped to see how happy the users will be because they specifically were asking for such changes.

Unfortunately it's the few that can never be happy with the advancement of the product. Those are the ones that think this stuff up...

# 254 Stolm @ 03/04/16 06:25 PM
As someone who doesn't really play Franchise at all, I'm alot more interested in putting a team together now that the Morale system is in place.

It will feel more like an actual team of human beings, as opposed to a team of robots with stats, like it's been for so long. I feel like I will become more invested in individual players.

# 255 myghty @ 03/04/16 07:04 PM
I liked everything I saw. Thanks, can't wait.

# 256 ShowTyme15 @ 03/04/16 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan

Regarding importing newly added players into an existing franchise, probably one of my biggest pet peeves about MLB The Showhttp://www.fox5vegas.com/story/31382334/metro-police-investigate-possible-attempted-kidnapping-at-tarkanian-middle-school, I'm almost certain the dev's said "We're working on that for next year" last year when they were hyping MLB 15. So I'm not exactly believing them when they say the are "working on that for next year"with regards to MLB 17.
No, Ramone said they would look into the possibility of it for next year. It was never set in stone nor was it a guarantee. Ramone stated that last year and flat out said no promises. Big difference.

# 257 mets718 @ 03/04/16 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
I don't think SDS are holding anything back. If bringing online franchise to parity with offline were as simple as flipping a switch, I'm sure we'd have it this year.
I would agree with you... But it's proven that video game or general business companies don't put all their best features in one model. They make more money gradually improving it or adding to the model year to year.

It's not easy to copy and paste something from offline to online, I know this. But even so it is easy to add or incorporate a selection of features. They chose to not attack it at all because it's not good for business to give everything to the consumer in one sitting. Especially, when the product is great (like iPhones)

Look I'm not saying that they did it in scheming way, they do so much for us. I'm just expressing the frustration of many online users out there.

# 258 RicoLaguno @ 03/05/16 09:48 AM
Is there a Historical Section in Franchise mode where I can now look up Team Stats, League Leaders, Wins Losses, Standings, Season, Playoff and World Series Box scores from previous seasons?

Basically a Baseball Almanac for all the History I've created thru my Franchise years?

# 259 Turbojugend @ 03/05/16 10:11 AM
Somewhat unrelated, I was playing 15 this morning and was thinking of starting up a single season as a MiLB team but I couldn't find this option anywhere. Am I missing something? It's such a simple thing, I always just assumed it was there.

# 260 HustlinOwl @ 03/05/16 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Somewhat unrelated, I was playing 15 this morning and was thinking of starting up a single season as a MiLB team but I couldn't find this option anywhere. Am I missing something? It's such a simple thing, I always just assumed it was there.
No minor league teams in season mode

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.