Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Sony San Diego has just released another MLB The Show 16 video. This one features everything you want to know about Franchise mode, including player morale, free agent signings, blockbuster trade notifications, and updated budgets.

Other little improvements include new GM goals, an authentic 20-80 scale for scouting and more. More details will arrive on their Twitch stream, scheduled for Thursday, March 3 at 5:00 PM ET.

Watch the video here
to find out what Luis Martinez from the Developer team has to say about it.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 flamarlin2121 @ 03/01/16 04:17 PM
So I tweeted at Ramone about not seeing anything about non-roster invitees and his reply was "Watch the stream on Thursday for more info."

So you're telling me there's a chance?

# 62 dran1984 @ 03/01/16 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
So I guess it would be asking too much, to ask for sortable rookie stats as well? Any possible way Rusell and his team could add that last minute?
Is this a serious question?? The game releases in 28 days. The game is done.

# 63 JayD @ 03/01/16 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
To be honest I wasn't really overwhelmed by the video. Don't get me wrong, I'll use those extra stats and budget planner, both make my franchising easier and more convenient. But there wasn't really that WOW reveal that the other modes have gotten (at least for me, I know some of you stat heads are going crazy out there).

HOWEVER, I've been so impressed with the rest of the game so far, and I count those thousands of new animations, human IK, and closed roof stadiums as massive franchise upgrades, so I'm still super happy. I guess it's been such a deluge of awesome reveals for the show. I was just hoping that SDS had another ace up their sleeve for the franchise section that was going to make me fanboy even harder, but I guess the 15 someodd they've already revealed is enough :P.
Just wait till Thursday before you come to a conclusion to what has been done with franchise mode. I'm sure there are a lot of little things that has been added or fixed within this mode that was not mentioned in this video.

# 64 demar42 @ 03/01/16 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
lol, dexter fowler..... has to be the biggest idiot in baseball at the moment.
I would probably go with Ian Desmond as the biggest idiot at the moment

# 65 Dolenz @ 03/01/16 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
I don't think RTTS got any WOW reveals tbh,

For me the Wow reveal for RTTS (but not just RTTS) is the ability to play a complete series without going back to the menu screen between games and being able to jump between opportunities without needing to see the simulation screen each time.

# 66 tessl @ 03/01/16 04:26 PM
During last year's franchise stream I asked whether cpu teams also have sponsorship revenue and the answer was no. I didn't use that feature for that reason.

I wonder if that is still the same.

# 67 ryanmc564 @ 03/01/16 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by demar42

you got a good case there, Desmond has to learn a whole new position, just to play this year.

# 68 VonRye @ 03/01/16 04:27 PM
I cannot wait to try the new features!! The Budget page and FA bidding info are very welcome additions!

# 69 DukesofHazzard @ 03/01/16 04:31 PM
They finally out in the stat tracking years to year that I was asking for but I hope they also added more ALLTIME RECORDS and team RECORDS.

# 70 dran1984 @ 03/01/16 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by demar42
Not if you look his whole situation. When he rejected the $108M deal from the Nationals, Elvis Andrus had just signed his $120M deal. Desmond is/was a better hitter then Andrus and Desmond has been the time hitting SS in baseball the past few years, except for Tulo. Desmond had every reason to believe he could get more then the $108M.

Now, you can say he should have accepted the QO. However, the entire industry was predicting at the time that he would get at least $90M. He was hurt by the draft pick compensation, as well as the fact that so many teams are rebuilding. Desmond would be an upgrade over most teams starting SS.

Hindsight is always 20/20. But it is short-sighted to say that he was an idiot for how this played out.

# 71 TheWarmWind @ 03/01/16 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Just wait till Thursday before you come to a conclusion to what has been done with franchise mode. I'm sure there are a lot of little things that has been added or fixed within this mode that was not mentioned in this video.
Oh I think Franchise mode is going to be AWESOME this year. Like I said in my post, a lot of the stuff that's been revealed before the franchise video I considered huge upgrades to franchise.

After taking a sober second look at it, I can see that a part of my cynicism comes from the fact that, when looking at the other video's for the other modes, I'm thinking: Oh, that feature will definitely motivate me to play that mode more. There was never going to be that feature for franchise, because I'm already there. I'm already motivated.

I guess the best analogy to describe my feelings about this video would be that it's like mom's cooking. It's familiar and predictable, but it makes me happy and puts a smile on my face.

# 72 AceAmy @ 03/01/16 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Not if you look his whole situation. When he rejected the $108M deal from the Nationals, Elvis Andrus had just signed his $120M deal. Desmond is/was a better hitter then Andrus and Desmond has been the time hitting SS in baseball the past few years, except for Tulo. Desmond had every reason to believe he could get more then the $108M.

Now, you can say he should have accepted the QO. However, the entire industry was predicting at the time that he would get at least $90M. He was hurt by the draft pick compensation, as well as the fact that so many teams are rebuilding. Desmond would be an upgrade over most teams starting SS.

Hindsight is always 20/20. But it is short-sighted to say that he was an idiot for how this played out.
Andrus is seen as a far superior SS defensively and less likely to be injured.
either way it was $108 Mil no matter how crazy the rangers were to sign Adrus at that price or not.

# 73 Bondsfan @ 03/01/16 04:54 PM
Quote:
To be honest I wasn't really overwhelmed by the video. Don't get me wrong, I'll use those extra stats and budget planner, both make my franchising easier and more convenient. But there wasn't really that WOW reveal that the other modes have gotten (at least for me, I know some of you stat heads are going crazy out there).

HOWEVER, I've been so impressed with the rest of the game so far, and I count those thousands of new animations, human IK, and closed roof stadiums as massive franchise upgrades, so I'm still super happy. I guess it's been such a deluge of awesome reveals for the show. I was just hoping that SDS had another ace up their sleeve for the franchise section that was going to make me fanboy even harder, but I guess the 15 someodd they've already revealed is enough :P.
Totally agree. This video was basically a teaser that showed better stat tracking. It seems like they made signing free agents really easy. Nothing about this made me excited that they really did anything of substance to enhance franchise mode. On the other hand, as others have suggested, they will get into more details during the twitch stream on Thursday. But I'm not expecting anything big. Because if they had any other big additions, I'd assume they would have put them in the video blog they released today.

I'm assuming the twitch stream will clarify some smaller things people have been asking for, but nothing earth shattering.

I was really hoping for the ability to import SCEA players when they are added this year (already confirmed out). And it seems like every year is going to be the year that "franchise mode gets a refresh" but its just mostly the same. Its a really good mode to begin with, so maybe it doesn't really need a redo, but things do get stale over time. Don't get me wrong, I'll still play it, but I just don't think the additions seem all that big of an upgrade over 2015.

# 74 knich @ 03/01/16 04:54 PM
Quote:

I agree. What I am particularly interested in whether the Inside Edge type stats will show up on screen during game and at bats. I know IE is not in franchise this year but the lack of pitcher v. hitter, situational, day/night, ballpark type stats are really missing. Even having the head to head stats like in RTTS would have been a welcome addition. I was hoping they would be in game in some form this year. Seems in years past you only had some of these stats in play now as opposed to franchise.

# 75 NewNapkin @ 03/01/16 04:59 PM
Please stay on topic guys. This is about franchise mode, not who you think the biggest idiot in baseball is.

# 76 Bard @ 03/01/16 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
I really love the stats and how they have made them sortable and have the teams played on. Only thing I noticed, that I didn't like, was it looks like if a player is traded their teams are not tracked that year, unless they are stored somewhere else.
Where it says TOT, that would be Rockies and Blue Jays...just no split stats from the teams of that year which I hope makes it in next season.

Sorry if this was answered already!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

# 77 dran1984 @ 03/01/16 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceAmy
Andrus is seen as a far superior SS defensively and less likely to be injured.
either way it was $108 Mil no matter how crazy the rangers were to sign Adrus at that price or not.
However, plus power with decent defense makes you above average at the short stop position.

I agree. But in baseball signings like that set the market for other players. Example, after the ridiculous Shelby Miller trade other teams found it harder to trade for starting pitching, due to the fact that the asking price increased.

So it was conceivable that he could have done better then $108M

# 78 TheWarmWind @ 03/01/16 05:03 PM
I'm starting to get the feeling that people just read the first sentence of my post.

# 79 tabarnes19_SDS @ 03/01/16 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard
Where it says TOT, that would be Rockies and Blue Jays...just no split stats from the teams of that year which I hope makes it in next season.

Sorry if this was answered already!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Even if splits didn't make it in I was hoping for "Col/Tor." Reason being is you may never be able to tell the team if they are traded in their walk year and then sign with someone else in the offseason. Especially in later years.

A real life example would be Price. The way it is now it would go;
2014-Det
2015-Tot
2016-Bos

You would never have known he played with Tor. Great start though and there may be a way to still see it somewhere.

# 80 bmwninja @ 03/01/16 05:15 PM
I hope they made the games feel different with the franchise mode ...for example game 65 should feel different than game 175 when the playoffs are around the corner there should be a playoff craze feel in the air when you are playing at home or at a divisional rival home...we should in game updates around the league so we know whats happening. I know we have in game ticker but i would love for the commentary to speak about the seeding and whats happening

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.