Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Sony San Diego has just released another MLB The Show 16 video. This one features everything you want to know about Franchise mode, including player morale, free agent signings, blockbuster trade notifications, and updated budgets.

Other little improvements include new GM goals, an authentic 20-80 scale for scouting and more. More details will arrive on their Twitch stream, scheduled for Thursday, March 3 at 5:00 PM ET.

Watch the video here
to find out what Luis Martinez from the Developer team has to say about it.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 jmik58 @ 03/01/16 05:16 PM
The addition of player morale has me interested but slightly cautious. I like the "human" element it brings, especially in contract negotiations, but I'm hoping the on-field performance isn't impacted too heavily. As professional athletes they're constantly pressing on each day despite whatever may have their personal "morale" down on a given day. It could potentially become a double-whammy of sorts. Having a bad stretch could cause attributes to lower, leading to worse performance, etc. Overall, I like it as long as it isn't much of a factor on-field.

# 82 mkilcNYR @ 03/01/16 05:23 PM
I like this overall, trade slider was huge for me. Got incredibly tired of seeing block buster trades on April 13th. Comforting to know that I can just turn the trades off for like April and then gradually ramp up to the deadline with the slider. Free agents seem harder to sign. They have a lot going in now with the human player element (i want to be an ace and anything short of that is not acceptable, etc.). If you have a great team but want that extra big name free agent, lets say for example if you're the Cubs and you want Bautista for a playoff push, if you don't have room for him in outfield (and no DH slot) it seems like he would ignore a boatload of cash (unless you give him your whole budget lmao). That definitely adds something as I found I could sign big name starters and put them in the bullpen which they would never agree to in real life

# 83 countryboy @ 03/01/16 05:23 PM
Please March 29th, hurry up and get here!

# 84 tabarnes19_SDS @ 03/01/16 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
The addition of player morale has me interested but slightly cautious. I like the "human" element it brings, especially in contract negotiations, but I'm hoping the on-field performance isn't impacted too heavily. As professional athletes they're constantly pressing on each day despite whatever may have their personal "morale" down on a given day. It could potentially become a double-whammy of sorts. Having a bad stretch could cause attributes to lower, leading to worse performance, etc. Overall, I like it as long as it isn't much of a factor on-field.
I think it needs to have some weight. People are already worried free agent signing could be too easy.

I think with morale you have to be careful. If you promise an ace role and give the pitcher the 4th spot he'll be upset and take a vend performace hit.

I think it adds a great layer to signs and trades.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

# 85 Ghost Of The Year @ 03/01/16 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
I'm starting to get the feeling.
Me, too. I love that feeling when the Show is just around the corner.

# 86 tessl @ 03/01/16 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58

I doubt it will be a major factor on field. A lot of them have "none" for expectation in several categories. I agree with you less is better when it comes to impacting performance. Not to be a Debbie Downer but location for most players doesn't mean close to their hometown so much as things like state taxes but it's a game. I wonder what "location" would mean for Latino players.

The free agent signing system seems improved and revenue sharing is an improvement.

# 87 willithome @ 03/01/16 05:35 PM
Wow! I am a huge fan of this game. It's really all I play all year long. I am a huge Uncharted fan also but honestly after all what's been talked about I don't think Uncharted has a chance anymore as that comes out in april! Lol! I am impressed with the budget part. I love the breakdown it makes it a lot easier to know where you are at. Now for a weekly show with highlights and I don't think anyone can touch this games quality.

# 88 Ghost Of The Year @ 03/01/16 05:36 PM
So stats are sortable league wide? What about attribute ratings?

# 89 RoyalBoyle78 @ 03/01/16 05:39 PM
Still cant use real contracts for players still? Why?

# 90 Knight165 @ 03/01/16 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballforever
YOU can(in most cases...up to 25 mil per)
THEY can't obviously for some reason.

M.K.
Knight165

# 91 dran1984 @ 03/01/16 05:41 PM
Quote:
MLBPA won't allow it.

# 92 HypoLuxa13 @ 03/01/16 05:44 PM
How do you guys figure we can get results like Johnny Cueto last year? Who was an ace with the Reds, then looked horrible after being traded to KC? Or Samardzija who had a 3 ERA between ChC and OAK in 2014, and a 5 ERA with the White Sox.

I'm guessing these drastic of a changes can't be done with just morale... Or if the morale system can produce results like those, hopefully it is very rare.

# 93 ninertravel @ 03/01/16 05:45 PM
Finally league wide stats can filter it in across the league! the league leaders was only giving us AVG and HRs all the boring stats now we can sort out other stats league wide like OBP? I am assuming this is what it means, the only way you can see OBP leaders is sorted by team not byt AL NL or ALL

# 94 Knight165 @ 03/01/16 05:48 PM
Funny(not haha funny)....that the online guys want the online franchise to like the offline franchise....and I've been begging for a franchise mode that mimics the online one(in terms of being able to customize the league setup)
OR
Let us manage only in online leagues!!!(PLEASE!!!)

M.K.
Knight165

# 95 Benz87 @ 03/01/16 05:48 PM
Quote:
Despite not being allowed, I think would be hard to simulate in a game due to vast difference in payroll between teams. Example, last year the Dodgers had upwards of $250 Mill and the Astros had less than $75 mill, this huge discrepancy is too hard to simulate and structure in a video game. The only way to make any type of fair game with it is to have fictional budgets with fictional salaries to level the playing field.

# 96 dran1984 @ 03/01/16 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
How do you guys figure we can get results like Johnny Cueto last year? Who was an ace with the Reds, then looked horrible after being traded to KC? Or Samardzija who had a 3 ERA between ChC and OAK in 2014, and a 5 ERA with the White Sox.

I'm guessing these drastic of a changes can't be done with just morale... Or if the morale system can produce results like those, hopefully it is very rare.
I think the different leagues/ballparks have something to do with it. Samardzija was a much better pitcher in the NL then the AL. Alot of it is mental too. Players traded mid-season take a while to get acclimated so partly could be done by using morale.

# 97 Bullit @ 03/01/16 05:58 PM
Last warning guys. Stay on topic or real warnings will be on the way.

# 98 Speedy @ 03/01/16 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Funny(not haha funny)....that the online guys want the online franchise to like the offline franchise....and I've been begging for a franchise mode that mimics the online one(in terms of being able to customize the league setup)
OR
Let us manage only in online leagues!!!(PLEASE!!!)

M.K.
Knight165
It's still odd to me that offline franchise and online franchise have different aspects to them. It seems more logical to me to make online the same as offline but with the added bonus of having online users vs. AI.

Maybe that's just me though.

# 99 garyjr33 @ 03/01/16 06:06 PM
I really like these additions. I can't believe people seem dissatisfied with this. Oh well.

# 100 bigdipper88 @ 03/01/16 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benz87
Despite not being allowed, I think would be hard to simulate in a game due to vast difference in payroll between teams. Example, last year the Dodgers had upwards of $250 Mill and the Astros had less than $75 mill, this huge discrepancy is too hard to simulate and structure in a video game. The only way to make any type of fair game with it is to have fictional budgets with fictional salaries to level the playing field.
It was over $300 million, but who's counting

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.