Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Another NBA 2K16 roster update has arrived today, we've listed some of the changes below.

GOING UP
  • Steph Curry +1 (98)
  • Kawhi Leonard +1 (92)
  • Anthony Davis +1 (91)
  • Chris Paul +1 (91)
  • Damian Lillard +1 (90)
  • Kyle Lowry +1 (90)
  • Andre Drummond +1 (89)
  • Jae Crowder +1 (82)
  • Jonas Valanciunas +1 (82)
  • Tony Parker +1 (82)
  • Jrue Holiday +1 (81)
  • Chandler Parsons +1 (80)
  • Marcin Gortat +1 (80)
  • Monta Ellis +1 (79)
  • Wesley Matthews +1 (79)
  • Jabari Parker +3 (78)
GOING DOWN
  • Isaiah Thomas -1 (85)
  • Tim Duncan -1 (81)
  • Bradley Beal -1 (80)
  • Greg Monroe -1 (80)
  • Al Jefferson -1 (79)
  • Nicolas Batum -1 (79)
  • Jeff Teague -1 (78)
Each roster update contains accessory and team color changes.

To see a more detailed breakdown of the roster update, which includes individual attribute updates, head on over to 2KMTC.

Let us know what you are seeing!

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Real2KInsider @ 03/03/16 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwardsroy19
To provide some insight, something to think about is the amount of drives a player takes. Its not quite as basic as how many fouls per game a player is averaging, but more so how often a player draws a foul when in a situation where a foul could be called. A hypothetical example: Shooting 10 threes compared to taking 10 drives, the driving player will get more fouls per game but perhaps the player shooting more threes will get fouls called on drives at a higher percentage. Its all relative
Correct - jump shots typically do not generate free throws.

However, it is still a stretch to say Curry's rating isn't a bit padded, much like a few of his other ratings.

# 42 Real2KInsider @ 03/03/16 06:25 PM
One of the better ways to evaluate a player's ability to draw fouls is to distinguish which possession types we should be factoring. I think we can all agree that Isolation playtype data would be the best possession type we can use as an indicator of a perimeter player's foul drawing ability.

Isolation Foul%
18.1% DeRozan
16.9% Gallinari
16.4% Hayward
15.1% Harden
14.5% Lillard
13.0% Crawford
12.6% Melo
12.4% Cousins
12.4% George
12.4% Kobe
11.8% Curry
11.5% Randle
11.2% Okafor
10.9% Wall
10.5% LeBron
9.4% R.Jackson
7.5% Westbrook
6.2% Gay
4.8% Paul
3.9% Wade
3.4% McCollum

Curry has exhibited that he is pretty good at drawing contact (especially since a good chunk of his Isos are still threes). Of course, Isolations only make up 9.6% of his possessions which is the lowest out of all the players listed. He is primarily a finesse player and a 92 DrawFoul is certainly misleading.

All in all I think DrawFoul needs a revamp across the entire league (and through testing I've found it has zero impact on sim stats), but that's a separate topic.

# 43 tt500 @ 03/03/16 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
One of the better ways to evaluate a player's ability to draw fouls is to distinguish which possession types we should be factoring. I think we can all agree that Isolation playtype data would be the best possession type we can use as an indicator of a perimeter player's foul drawing ability.

Isolation Foul%
18.1% DeRozan
16.9% Gallinari
16.4% Hayward
15.1% Harden
14.5% Lillard
13.0% Crawford
12.6% Melo
12.4% Cousins
12.4% George
12.4% Kobe
11.8% Curry
11.5% Randle
11.2% Okafor
10.9% Wall
10.5% LeBron
9.4% R.Jackson
7.5% Westbrook
6.2% Gay
4.8% Paul
3.9% Wade
3.4% McCollum

Curry has exhibited that he is pretty good at drawing contact (especially since a good chunk of his Isos are still threes). Of course, Isolations only make up 9.6% of his possessions which is the lowest out of all the players listed. He is primarily a finesse player and a 92 DrawFoul is certainly misleading.

All in all I think DrawFoul needs a revamp across the entire league (and through testing I've found it has zero impact on sim stats), but that's a separate topic.
This would be very situational to drawing fouls on iso. Once you think of all the ways someone can draw a foul it makes it more difficult to put it into one stat as a whole. Curry also gets fouled 23.7% on his drives per game this season and 25% the past 10 games. I don't watch every game of his so I don't know where he gets all his foul calls.

There is guys like harden who gets the most foul calls driving. Deroezan also drives alot and % wise he is better at drawing fouls on drives than curry. From your statistics, he's also pretty good in iso situations. So curry having a higher draw foul than deroezan is pretty much padding a popular players stat.

# 44 jeebs9 @ 03/03/16 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tt500
This would be very situational to drawing fouls on iso. Once you think of all the ways someone can draw a foul it makes it more difficult to put it into one stat as a whole. Curry also gets fouled 23.7% on his drives per game this season and 25% the past 10 games. I don't watch every game of his so I don't know where he gets all his foul calls.

There is guys like harden who gets the most foul calls driving. Deroezan also drives alot and % wise he is better at drawing fouls on drives than curry. From your statistics, he's also pretty good in iso situations. So curry having a higher draw foul than deroezan is pretty much padding a popular players stat.
Agree..... It just doesn't add up. And in my opinion it makes a huge difference. Harden in this game gets so many fouls. When I play with Shaq who has a 99 rating. Gets fouled for anything in the paint.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

# 45 UnbelievablyRAW @ 03/03/16 09:32 PM
Draymond and Lowry shoot the same % from 3, but Lowry shoots a higher volume then him (as in, Lowry takes 7 3's a game and Dray takes 3 3's a game). Yet somehow Dray is 87 in standing 3 and Lowry is 84.

# 46 MoneyOvaHuds @ 03/03/16 10:21 PM
Lawson to the pacers

# 47 MoneyOvaHuds @ 03/03/16 10:29 PM
Jimmy Butler to return Saturday vs Houston

# 48 jeebs9 @ 03/03/16 11:37 PM
Yea..... I'm watching this game tonight. And I just still can't justify Curry having better rating then the guys I mentioned before. Not to mention over 90 rating. I was OK with him at 88. And that was pushing it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

# 49 Real2KInsider @ 03/04/16 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tt500
This would be very situational to drawing fouls on iso. Once you think of all the ways someone can draw a foul it makes it more difficult to put it into one stat as a whole.
When I think of "all the ways a player draws fouls" jump shots don't exactly "jump" to the top of the list. Fouls occur the closer a player is to the basket, which means only a handful of playtypes actually tell us anything about a player's ability to draw fouls.

SF% = Shooting Foul%

Curry Play Types
ON-BALL SCORING
26% PnR: 1.14 PPP (97th Percentile) - 6.6 SF%
10% Isolation: 1.04 PPP (89th Percentile) - 11.8 SF%
OFF-BALL SHOOTING
14% Off-Screen: 1.24 PPP (93rd Percentile) - 6.5 SF%
9% Spot-Up: 1.44 PPP (99th Percentile) - 4.7 SF%
5% Hand-Off: 1.24 PPP (94th Percentile) - 1.3 SF%
ATHLETICISM
20% Transition: 1.27 PPP (81st Percentile) - 6.2 SF%
6% Basket Cut: 1.39 PPP (80th Percentile) - 22.9 SF%
2% Putback: 0.83 PPP (14th Percentile) - 13.0 SF%

On-Ball offense is really the only reliable way a guard is going to draw fouls, it's not like they are big men who can hang around the basket (not to mention the worse a player is at shooting FTs, the more likely defenders will be physical - that obviously isn't the case w/ Curry).

Quote:
There is guys like harden who gets the most foul calls driving.
Harden also gets 55% of his offense on the ball (compared to only 35% for Curry). He drives more (and gets fouled more) because he is put in those situations (which is why looking at things from a "per possession" standpoint rather than "per game" is important).

As an aside, Curry is so dominant shooting the ball (90+ Percentile across the board) that he doesn't even need to force the issue with one-on-one scoring.

On-Ball Scoring (Iso + PnR + Post)
Paul: 15.0 + 52.8 + 1.6 = 69.4% of possessions
Lillard: 16.2 + 42.6 + N/A = 58.8%
DeRozan: 17.3 + 31.0 + 9.4 = 57.7%
Westbrook: 12.6 + 35.0 + 9.7 = 57.3%
Harden: 25.6 + 24.5 + 5.0 = 55.1%
LeBron: 19.0 + 23.3 + 10.9 = 53.2%
Durant: 16.2 + 19.6 + 8.6 = 44.4%
Curry: 9.6 + 25.6 + N/A = 35.2%

He is truly one of a kind.

# 50 Mikelopedia @ 03/04/16 01:02 PM
I was totally kidding about Beasley getting a CBA MVP bump the other day (although I did feel he was way too slow), but he was bumped up from a 67 to a 72 this morning. Even 2kmtcentral.com didn't notice lol.

Thanks Beds for showin' a little love to my boy haha.

# 51 SpeedyClaxton @ 03/04/16 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelopedia
I was totally kidding about Beasley getting a CBA MVP bump the other day (although I did feel he was way too slow), but he was bumped up from a 67 to a 72 this morning. Even 2kmtcentral.com didn't notice lol.

Thanks Beds for showin' a little love to my boy haha.
Beasley was always fast, they labelled him 'poor man's Carmelo Anthony' because of his height and his quick first step although being head case is something else but i must admit Beasley is gifted offensively.

# 52 MoneyOvaHuds @ 03/04/16 04:27 PM
I didn't check the rosters but is Beasley finally 6'8 and not that fake 6'10 college height ? Wish KD would get upped to 6'10 from 9 on the game . I know what NBA . Com says but they rarely go check to see if players grow and players are too lazy to keep them updated .

# 53 seanie719 @ 03/04/16 06:35 PM
Thanks for the updates Beds

# 54 aceespina @ 03/04/16 08:41 PM
how to Download the updates?

# 55 bigt_24_r @ 03/05/16 12:42 AM
Does this roster have Ty Lawson on the pacers?

# 56 Mikelopedia @ 03/05/16 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyClaxton
Beasley was always fast, they labelled him 'poor man's Carmelo Anthony' because of his height and his quick first step although being head case is something else but i must admit Beasley is gifted offensively.
No that's what I mean, in 2k he has always been very slow. Not to mention having a big man dribble package.

Still got 24 and 8 with him tonight against a Cavs user in PNO

# 57 grgmths1433 @ 03/05/16 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigt_24_r
Does this roster have Ty Lawson on the pacers?
No it doesn't.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A

# 58 Bigman101 @ 03/05/16 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisinas
So by rating players using that logic Curry is now faster than Russ/John Wall in the open court ? Come on now.

I'm not the one to complain about roster updates unlike majority of people here as i think people responsible for it know what they are doing but this one boggles my mind.
Thank you somebody with some since. Curry is the best shooter yes I agree but they had him at a 85 in speed and a 80 something in acceleration that was perfect but now that his TEAM has a high record they overrated his overall and speed smh. Everybody knows his OVERALL should not better than Westbrook KD lebron and his open court speed is not even better than harden he can't run with the beard. But it's ok tho when I play ranked games I avoid that team. Oh did I mention he faster than the 96 Jordan

# 59 SpeedyClaxton @ 03/05/16 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigman101
Thank you somebody with some since. Curry is the best shooter yes I agree but they had him at a 85 in speed and a 80 something in acceleration that was perfect but now that his TEAM has a high record they overrated his overall and speed smh. Everybody knows his OVERALL should not better than Westbrook KD lebron and his open court speed is not even better than harden he can't run with the beard. But it's ok tho when I play ranked games I avoid that team. Oh did I mention he faster than the 96 Jordan
Problem is if they put his speed at realistic rating as well with his defense he wouldn't have highest overall in the game, so they compensate which is laughable but ok, i also never play Warriors online since i know 9/10 times against me is some kid who will chuck 3 all game long with starting 5. (i swear some people 'online' don't even know that Barbosa plays for Warriors)

# 60 HowDareI @ 03/05/16 12:11 PM
The thing that I don't like about the Curry speed-boost is how this will make up for his one weakness imo...his defense.

If you make him quicker that'll just allow him to recover even easier once he's been beat. Or get back faster in transition..I don't think he's a bad defender but he certainly can't stop elite guards.

Here's a question since I'm not home: even Ish Smith kinda exposed him on D when my Sixers almost beat them...so what's HIS speed (compared to Steph now)? Because if Ish's slower that's a shame.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.