Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Amazon has posted some MLB The Show 16 Conquest and Battle Royale details. We should see a trailer and a Twitch stream during the week. For now, post your thoughts!

Battle Royale Mode
The ultimate high-stakes Diamond Dynasty experience, this mode challenges users to take a drafted squad through a single-player, online tournament. Each win will bring a new set of rewards closer, but only the best players will stand the Battle Royale test.

ShowTime
Experience baseball's most epic plays like never before. ShowTime takes critical in-game Road To The Show moments and slows them down to give you maximum control. Make Gold Glove plays and come through in the clutch with this empowering tool that allows finer, more focused user control.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Jr. @ 03/06/16 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
No it doesn't...wasn't it last year when Gamestop had Human IK as a feature listed on their website? And we got a fact sheet last year.
Human IK was supposed to be in the game last year.

# 62 Mercury112491 @ 03/06/16 01:33 PM
Sweet. Glad they added these two new modes instead of spending a single second on online franchises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 63 Dolenz @ 03/06/16 01:36 PM
It will be interesting to see what tomorrow's Gamestop video brings.

That said I doubt that Amazon pulled these mode descriptions from thin error. Somebody gave them the info.

# 64 Denzel Washington @ 03/06/16 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
Sweet. Glad they added these two new modes instead of spending a single second on online franchises.

I'm sure the hundreds of thousands of people playing these modes will agree

# 65 jm2054 @ 03/06/16 02:21 PM
Russell just doing damage control those descriptions are likely 95% correct

# 66 mkilcNYR @ 03/06/16 05:21 PM
Conquest mode sounds odd, almost like a Risk/Baseball hybrid. Although it also is intriguing to see what it would be like. I'd be interested to have actual fan bases placed into the game in franchise that can generate revenue for you and impact free agency decisions through team support (i.e. if a player was born in NYC but for some reason in this alternate baseball timeline the Mets win a lot over the next few years with Harvey, de Grom, Thor, and Matz, then he would have a slight preference to play for the Mets if both teams offered him a contract or something based off his favorite team growing up). Just a thought, I would love though for fans to be more than just the backdrops of games but be integrated into franchise where our decisions like players, coaches, etc. can impact them (i.e. like the Mets (again) and their fans. A lot of public pressure went into the Mets decision to resign Cespedes and he also appeared to want to play in NYC again because of the extremely positive interactions he had with the fan base besides just the opt out clause and the money alone)

# 67 andrewochs615 @ 03/06/16 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denzel Washington
YA!!!! How dare they support one of their most popular modes!!!!
Yea and how dare someone has concerns about the show or voices their opinion on something they probably won't be interested in without getting blasted for it on here

# 68 nolesfan3 @ 03/06/16 05:49 PM
As a franchise only player, I do enjoy the opening card packs while playing the game. As someone who use to collect cards growing up it is something I really enjoy even though I do not play DD. With that said, I am looking forward to the video on Monday, these modes could be really fun for DD guys, and if the risk pays off maybe this will encourage the guys to take some more risks with the franchise mode. I am excited for this game, PS4 has been collecting dust since I stopped playing Show 15.

# 69 MetsFan16 @ 03/06/16 07:10 PM
I'm hoping in these modes you can complete Captain's Missions and get more tickets because trying to play against strangers online is rather annoying because of my poor internet connection. But random CPU games aren't as enjoyable. If these modes are something like "season" modes that can earn tickets and complete missions it'll be a lot of fun.

# 70 green94 @ 03/06/16 07:57 PM
Have the devs ever mentioned what percentage of people play the following modes:

Franchise
DD
RTTS

Curious as I've never played DD but it seems like every year it continues to gain steam.

# 71 nemesis04 @ 03/06/16 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
Have the devs ever mentioned what percentage of people play the following modes:

Franchise
DD
RTTS

Curious as I've never played DD but it seems like every year it continues to gain steam.

RTTS>DD>Franchise

# 72 Stolm @ 03/06/16 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green94

Franchise
DD
RTTS

I wonder what they constitute as "playing" as well?

I would always go in and look at the cards, and sold a few doubles that I had. Placed some players at some positons, and played a game or two for the trophies. But I never touched it again after that.

Whereas RTTS I played consistently every day for months, and occasionally dabbled in Franchise.

Technically I played all 3 modes, but I wasn't actually playing DD.

# 73 JayD @ 03/06/16 08:59 PM
Pass. I'm hoping this is not the start of the show taking the same route EA did with their sports games.

# 74 JBoo2911 @ 03/06/16 10:29 PM
Franchise mode is my main mode like most of us guys on here. But, I enjoy DD and enjoyed the improvements to last years mode. These two new modes look like an extension and will defiently give them a nice look.

# 75 smiley3 @ 03/06/16 10:39 PM
I'm actually not worried about them giving attention to DD. Unlike madden, the show dev team puts in hard work every cycle for each new game. Now with much revenue they can make from this I'm actually excited to see what's to come for future titles with new technology being invested.

# 76 MrOldboy @ 03/06/16 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolm

I would always go in and look at the cards, and sold a few doubles that I had. Placed some players at some positons, and played a game or two for the trophies. But I never touched it again after that.

Whereas RTTS I played consistently every day for months, and occasionally dabbled in Franchise.

Same here with other modes. I may touch everything, but I don't say I play online franchise for instance. I wonder if they know how much each individual plays and have a threshold of what constitutes "played". That way people can vote with their play time and we can't be disappointed when resources are spent on the most popular and in the case of DD, most profitable modes.

# 77 TheWarmWind @ 03/06/16 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolm

I know if you check out your player card there is a breakdown of how much experience you've gained from each mode. I'm sure the devs have access to that as well. They probably just add up total experience gained from all players and look at the lump sum total.

While I do think this would be a fair way to judge usage and popularity, I think that franchise would get the shaft a little bit, just because us franchisers will inevitably dabble with the other modes just for fun, while I doubt many people outside of our merry group dabble in franchise.

However, without evidence to back up my claim, it's just hearsay.

# 78 Denzel Washington @ 03/07/16 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewochs615
Yea and how dare someone has concerns about the show or voices their opinion on something they probably won't be interested in without getting blasted for it on here
They should voice those concerns with some substance and intelligence.

This forum is also slanted towards the "traditional" gaming experience so it's also not accurate to depict the forum how you are.

# 79 ScouserHUN @ 03/07/16 12:54 AM
As someone, who is losing free time to play as I get older, DD mode is absolutely the BEST.

I was into Franchise (still try to play a season though), but with DD I can manage my playtime better.

If I have just 40 minutes to play I do it with my fantasy team and I don't have to worry about finishing a 162 games season.

I think they really nailed DD and the online netcode last year and thanks to the extra money they earned through selling Stubs they could improve the game more.

DD is the mode that makes possible to improve the game more, so as a business model you have to make sure it's even compelling and even better. This year SonySD is going to lay a rock solid foundation of DD, which they can improve upon all the other game modes.

By the way I think Franchise is very solid right now and I'm sure I'll start a season with my RedSox.

I think SonySD has proved to be listening to the fans so I have trust in them to improve the game every year. I has been said a plenty of times, that they are a small team and they need to prioritize. I can't blame them for that.

In Sony San Diego we TRUST!

You'll Never Walk Alone!

# 80 andrewochs615 @ 03/07/16 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denzel Washington
They should voice those concerns with some substance and intelligence.

This forum is also slanted towards the "traditional" gaming experience so it's also not accurate to depict the forum how you are.
This is true but even when people do that I see them get ripped to shreds.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.