Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Check out the latest MLB The Show 16 video, going over the 2 new modes coming to the game this year, Battle Royale and Conquest. Watch it and post your thoughts!

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 dlk90514 @ 03/07/16 11:07 AM
Check out the latest MLB The Show 16 video, going over the 2 new modes coming to the game this year, Battle Royale and Conquest. Watch it and post your thoughts!

# 2 HustlinOwl @ 03/07/16 11:13 AM

# 3 HypoLuxa13 @ 03/07/16 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlk90514
Battle royal and conquest video is on youtube game stop page.
Conquest definitely looks like it could be fun for those times when I only have 10-15 minutes to play.

# 4 Dolenz @ 03/07/16 11:21 AM
Both are Diamond Dynasty based.

Battle Royale is online against other players. Draft a team and enter a double elim tourney. Games are only 3 innings.

Conquest is single player and you have to face the 30 MLB teams. This also has 3 inning games.

Both have unique rewards only in that mode.

# 5 TheWarmWind @ 03/07/16 11:21 AM
Well nothings ever going to touch franchise when it comes to my main mode, but DD is looking like it's going to replace RttS as my new "off" mode.

# 6 LeftyShortstop @ 03/07/16 11:21 AM
Conquest is straight out of NBA '08 for PSP. Seems identical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UvBzZm-9xU

# 7 Dolenz @ 03/07/16 11:26 AM
I will play Conquest and probably not Battle Royale.

My question with Conquest is what is the replay value? If I finish it then can I start it again? Do you just continue the same game trying to maintain control after you have won it?

# 8 BrianU @ 03/07/16 11:29 AM
Man 3 innings? This kills the hype for me with these modes. They look very well done but I don't know if I'll even touch them. I already dropped my $100 just don't like the idea of 3 inning games at all.

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk

# 9 JayD @ 03/07/16 11:33 AM
I'm all for new ways to play but everything else other than franchise is just "meh" in my book. Would of rather had rotating schedules than new fantasy game modes.

# 10 HypoLuxa13 @ 03/07/16 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz

My question with Conquest is what is the replay value? If I finish it then can I start it again? Do you just continue the same game trying to maintain control after you have won it?
Maybe start over on the next higher difficulty for more/better rewards? Complete conquest on Rookie and get some bronze cards. Start over on Veteran, complete it again and get silver card rewards, etc. Just speculating here...

I suspect Thursday's stream will answer these types of questions.

# 11 letsgomets75 @ 03/07/16 11:40 AM
Quote:

My guess would be that you could eventually start again. I'm not sure how it will exactly work, but I'm assuming to complete conquest you need to control every little hexagon on the map. And it looks like there's over 300 of those, so it will take quite a while if each one is a single game.

# 12 MetsFan16 @ 03/07/16 11:44 AM
Playing Draft Champions in Madden was a lot of fun. The draft was scary because you would be given a QB in the first round and pass on him, expecting to get another QB later in the draft, but sometimes that didn't happen and you were left with a scrub QB. Also don't know nearly as much NFL players than I do MLB players.

MLB Battle Royale is looking like it will be tons of fun. The idea of drafting a new team every time is exciting where I don't have to collect the cards to play with a certain player/legend/flashback which is a appealing. Also the head to head component is cool because a stacked team playing against a CPU MLB team is like an All Star team playing the Tampa Bay Rays. I like how it is 3 innings to make it go quick and play more games with more drafts and not be so time consuming.

Conquest looks like the mode that might overtake RTTS as my secondary mode to Franchise. I loved DD last year, played around 200 games. However the online game play got annoying last year and I'd rather play offline but random exhibition games against CPU teams felt like a waste of time. With Conquest it feels like a real way to play against the CPU that isn't meaningless. Don't know how I feel about the 3 innings for this mode however. It's hard to win over an entire fan base with 3 inning games.

# 13 ScouserHUN @ 03/07/16 11:45 AM
Quote:

Google luck with beating all teams on Legend

You'll Never Walk Alone!

# 14 Dolenz @ 03/07/16 11:50 AM
I am also not sure about 3 innings. I would think, especially in Conquest mode since it a single player mode that you should be able to choose a game length when starting the mode.

There are times I can play a CPU team and get 0 hits the first time through the lineup. In a three inning game that is more than likely a loss unless your pitcher shuts down the opponent.

# 15 ScouserHUN @ 03/07/16 11:50 AM
Also, If I'm not mistaken, you have to "pay" a certain amount of stubbs to play Battle Royale each time you draft a new team.

I'm sure It's going to be like Arena mode in Hearthstone, where an arena run is 150 golds and a pack is 100 golds, but you are guaranteed to get a pack in every Arena run no matter how many games you have won.

If I have to guess a Battle Royale run is going to be 1500 Stubbs, while a pack is going to be 1000 stubs. Don't think that you are going to get a reward worth 500 for 2 wins, but you could break even with the 5 wins reward.

You'll Never Walk Alone!

# 16 MetsFan16 @ 03/07/16 11:51 AM
Wonder if you can complete Captains Missions in these modes. Moreso Conquest because in Battle Royal you'll have a drafted team and can't control what cards you get to an extent to earn complete missions faster. But in conquest mode you can change your lineup based on what cards you have to complete captains missions faster.

# 17 Dolenz @ 03/07/16 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouserHUN
Google luck with beating all teams on Legend

You'll Never Walk Alone!

Well, I doubt I would ever play it on Legend. I value my sanity.

# 18 MrOldboy @ 03/07/16 11:53 AM
Fantastic, ended up being exactly what I thought from the mode names. I wonder though if you are limited in how often you can play Battle Royale. Seems very similar to hearthstone so I wonder if there will be a buy in. A bit of a shame that there are exclusive cards to modes since many people don't want to play online and many don't want to play single player in DD. I think it's more limiting to offline players since winning multiple games in a row probably isn't that easy when you don't play online a lot.

# 19 ScouserHUN @ 03/07/16 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
Wonder if you can complete Captains Missions in these modes. Moreso Conquest because in Battle Royal you'll have a drafted team and can't control what cards you get to an extent to earn complete missions faster. But in conquest mode you can change your lineup based on what cards you have to complete captains missions faster.
You won't be able to complete your captain missions faster in Conquest or BR, because captain missions want you to complete a certain amount of innings (not games) with certain players. So if you play only 3 innings games, you won't complete them faster...

You'll Never Walk Alone!

# 20 letsgomets75 @ 03/07/16 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouserHUN
You won't be able to complete your captain missions faster in Conquest or BR, because captain missions want you to complete a certain amount of innings with certain players. So if you play only 3 innings games, you won't complete them faster...

You'll Never Walk Alone!
Well its really the same either way. Playing 3, 3 inning games will take the same amount of time as 1, 9 inning game (approximately) and is still 9 innings each.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.