Home
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR News Post

As mentioned yesterday, the Oakmont Country Club is available now for Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR. You can play the course in Play Now, Career, Online Head to Head and Online Tournament modes. Play a few rounds and let us know what you think.

Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR screenshot gallery - Click to view Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR screenshot gallery - Click to view Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Rory McIlroy PGA TOURReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 12 - View All
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Videos
Member Comments
# 21 jake44np @ 03/15/16 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty67
I played it in play now last night and it was brutal. I'm going to play the daily today in Tour mode with Jordan Spieth, we'll see how that goes.

Any chance we may see an Augusta download available in the next three weeks or so? Please, oh please, pretty please.
Highly unlikely.
See below, per EA they no longer have licensing for Augusta.

According to a statement from EA, the upcoming EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour game will not feature a major golf course.

Apparently, EA will not be including the Augusta National Golf Club, the Georgia course that is the home of the Masters Tournament, due to an expired license. Ea mentioned that it is still looking for a way to add the course into the game.

Our license with Augusta National has expired and it does not currently appear in EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour. However, we will continue to examine opportunities to include this world-class course in the game.

# 22 DivotMaker @ 03/15/16 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
Highly unlikely.
See below, per EA they no longer have licensing for Augusta.

According to a statement from EA, the upcoming EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour game will not feature a major golf course.

Apparently, EA will not be including the Augusta National Golf Club, the Georgia course that is the home of the Masters Tournament, due to an expired license. Ea mentioned that it is still looking for a way to add the course into the game.

Our license with Augusta National has expired and it does not currently appear in EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour. However, we will continue to examine opportunities to include this world-class course in the game.
That was at launch.....that does not mean they won't get it at some point, but I am betting it won't be in 3 weeks.....

# 23 kehlis @ 03/16/16 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusDriver
Oakmont is historical and rated highly by most golf publications, but it's not that interesting to me for a video game. Sure, it has the church pew bunkers, but not much else going on. No water at all. I love courses with a lot of water.

The worst part of this course though is the sound. Sure, the course IS right next to the Pennsylvania turnpike, but it sounds like you're in the middle of it. IRL, that course does not have that much traffic noise, does it? Play that course with a headset on and you're really hear it (along with the constant hum of the overhead blimp).

I think EA should be able to tweak that though...

-Bus

Oakmont literally is in the middle of the turnpike.

You actually have to cross a bridge over the turnpike in between a couple holes.

# 24 Barto @ 03/16/16 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
That was at launch.....that does not mean they won't get it at some point, but I am betting it won't be in 3 weeks.....
I don't foresee any scenario where Augusta is added this year. It just wouldn't make economic sense for EA to pay the licensing fee for a game that already 1 year into its product life cycle.

The only way it would make sense is if the ANGC agreed to a multiple year agreement and would allow them to go back and add the game to the previous (current) release and not count that is a year on the new licensing agreement.

There would be no other economic advantage for EA Sports to sign a LA with ANGC this year if a game is not to be released until next season.

Just my $.02

# 25 Crazy Packers Fan @ 04/01/16 06:01 PM
The addition of Oakmont got me to finally buy this game. My early impressions are that it is an underrated game. I live near Oakmont and am going to the U.S. Open so I was intrigued by the course being available. It's tough, though. And that's the way it should be.

# 26 catcherforbaseball @ 04/07/16 12:13 PM
Gameplay is awesome but features are greatly lacking. Underrated game no question. Just no thrills and reasons to keep playing. Career mode becomes boring very quickly.

# 27 hawley088 @ 04/07/16 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catcherforbaseball
Gameplay is awesome but features are greatly lacking. Underrated game no question. Just no thrills and reasons to keep playing. Career mode becomes boring very quickly.
agreed, and the graphics can also be stunning at times

its a shame really

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.